Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attack of the Ninja ants

Attack of the Ninja ants

Ants in the house occasionally, mostly the kitchen, is not very unusual and dealing with them quickly and violently usually keeps them away for a few weeks. However, I suspect the current heatwave must be cutting off their food and water supplies, 'cause the ants around my place are showing signs of desperation.

A few days ago they launched a full scale offensive on my pantry cupboard, with long black lines of ants up the walls around the cornices and down into the cupboard. Their target, a few smudges of syrup which oozed from the tin when closed. A blitzkrieg counter attack and strafing of their columns and supply lines, left tens of thousands dead.

Instead of staying away, they launched further daily invasions from various directions, again with meagre targets such as a blob of spilled icecream on a dresser and a lunchwrap with a smudge of jam on it. Again they paid with tens of thousands of lives. Finally they changed tactics and started sending in small suicide squads, too small to waste ordnance on, so they just got squished.

Again they changed tactics and shockingly, the target was ME. They sent their ninja squads in a classic dawn attack while I slept. I vaguely became aware that something was crawling on my face at 05h00 this morning and sleeply swatted it and the next, and the next... then they started biting! Forced awake now, I found my face and hair alive with ants! I squish-rolled all those on my skin and vigourously brushed my hair, before spraying the bed, pillows etc. By 05h20 the battle was over and I climbed back into bed, rubbing the now itchy bites and trying to overcome the creepy feeling that things were still crawling on me.

Of course they couldn't have really been out for revenge (or could they?), so what the heck were they after? Are they so desperate for sustenance that they would come after a few beads of pillow-sweat? Either way, very wierd and pretty unpleasant.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

creepy
    Locate and eliminate their headquarters!
    Pour insecticide on the anthills, that worked for me.

You could try calling an exterminator, they can do treatments every couple months and that keeps them away thats what we did at our old house, or you could put out those little poison traps that they think is food then they take it back to the hill and its kills them all, but I've never seen those work.

Theres a product that you put down in your house near ants and they consume it die and the other ants take them back to there nest and eat them tush killing the whole ant nest.

hope this is a clear enough explanation.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Use cream of wheat, a powdered oatmeal to make them explode.

Or use mint/cinnamon/bay leaves.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

i cant figure out why they would attack u at nite. maybe u had something between your teeth. now i know why my mom always made me brush my teeth before bed.

hygiene is also a cure for ants. try to wipe off food spills and stains as quickly as possible.
    another cure is just go to the nearest pet store & buy yourself an anteater.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Call an exterminator...and bug bomb your house

I like silverhawk's idea of an anteater, odd pets are the best (I once ran a pelican for a few months, best pet ever!)

Sorry to hear about them going for you, but it appears that they do have some sort of grudge against you- maybe you killed their star football team and last female in the process of your 'hand of God smites from above' mode?

Best of luck with the ants, also hope Terry is improving- but don't mix the two!

EDIT: To counter ninja ants, use a ninja anteater...

HA!! The Ninja's obviously sent back false intelligence reports leading their commanders to believe they had eliminated me.

So they launched another major offensive on the pantry this morning, not bothering with devious and hidden routes, just straight across the kitchen floor in plain sight.

BIG mistake!

This is getting uncanny. I plan a pre-emptive strike around my bed tonight.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Well you've got me to post something (well done!) I must admit that was a very good write up got a huge laugh (well not that big just a grin) out of it. Can't help you with your ant problem don't have them here
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    I like silverhawk's idea of an anteater, odd pets are the best (I once ran a pelican for a few months, best pet ever!)
    That's cool. I'm stuck with........................

A turtle!

Anyway, hope the ant problem goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    That's cool. I'm stuck with........................

A turtle!

Anyway, hope the ant problem goes away.
    I'd love a turtle, saw loads in Barcelona! I also want a panther, which is apparently worrying, but it would be cool if it was (slightly) tame, and you could ask it to kill and eat people. Pelicans, ninja anteaters, turtles and panthers are in my pet 'dream garage'.

RAID

should work

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    RAID

should work
    Maybe RAID will work on your wimpy Canadese ants, but I suspect ninja South African ants may require BLITZKRIEG.

My dorm last year had a slight ant problem, but they were tiny little black things, and I only got aggressive if I saw more than two or three at once. The dorm room down the hall, on the other hand, had ants that were about half an inch long. Of course, the guys who lived there were pigs, so it was to be expected. Generally, I like bugs, but ants creep me out for some reason.
    Last edited by Timothy (in VA); 03-04-2007 at 05:12 PM.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Flamethrower.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Thread Information