Thread: Mk. 3 Jetta

Mk. 3 Jetta

Alright, well I know not too long ago I made a thread asking for car recommendations, but my budget's changed and I'm more serious now. I've been looking at a nice Mk.3 Jetta GLX, for about $3100cdn. My only concern is the mileage is 210k plus, and I'm wondering if that's really high, and if I'd have to worry about much.

It looks very clean, and has been maintained well. As far as I know Jettas are solid cars, so even at over 200k is it still a safe bet for $3100?

I can't resist the 2.8L V6 and fully-loaded options, it seems perfect so far. Of course it's dependent on me being able to get out of my stupid Dodge SX lease... anyone want it?
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Watch the electrics, as cars get older they're more likely to pack up. How do you know if it's been well-kept? If it has (genuinely), then it should be OK. Also, keep a tab on the engine... diesels go on forever, but petrols have a limit...

Find out why they are selling.

Make sure the timing chains have been done recently. Things to watch out for are coilpacks, window regulators and mirror motors. If it's been taken care of it'll be fine.

Have a mechanic you trust check the car out.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    Alright, well I know not too long ago I made a thread asking for car recommendations, but my budget's changed and I'm more serious now. I've been looking at a nice Mk.3 Jetta GLX
    You're female?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    You're female?
    And in high school, apparently.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Yeah I'm a teenage girl and my Daddy's buying me my first car wut do u guys think? lol

On a serious note, thanks for the tips I'll keep an eye out for those things.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

lol... she's been a member since 2003 and has over 600 posts and all this time everyone thought she was a guy?

Well this shows, that girls do know as much about cars as guys!

And zeppelin the Jetta sounds like a good car. Apperently were its your first car, $3100 is a good price... assuming the car is as good as it appears!
    Last edited by Equinox; 03-08-2007 at 12:31 PM.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Burned and in full agreement with Equinox.

hey guys, chicks are prob more fanatical about cars than guys in some cases, i now interested in drag racing basically cos of a girl i met at school...... i had the same response as you guys when i first met her but yeah

i hope you get good times out of the Jetta, i don't need to say stay safe becasue from my experience girls are usually a lot safer drivers than guys..... not always better but safer
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Thread Information