Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E46 Stereo Upgrade

im at circuit city,so we get anything from 40% off sony tvs(just bought a 46"xbr2 lcd) and nikons for nothing not to mention general motors offers many too. also, i havent stopped listening to echo, are you in, wish you were here, and nice to know you since that cd came out. im a really big fan of some of their acoustic too, pardon me and vitamin acoustic were great.

werty, is there anything that you would recommend from personal experience? crutchfield looks like a great site but its immense and i have no idea on what to look for as far as company and ohms and all that stuff.

E46 Stereo Update

I just bought a 2005 BMW 325xiT Sportwagon. Terrific car w/ the weak 10 speaker standard stereo system. I don't want to add a subwoofer since it would be in plain view. I live in DC and it would be a magnet for theives. Two questions: Has anyone intalled the Stage 1 Audio upgrade from Bavarian Soundworks? At $578 is sound like an easy way to improve sound. Any other solutions? I don't need the system to scream with bass tones, I just want to hear my jazz with some depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxscouloir View Post
    I just bought a 2005 BMW 325xiT Sportwagon. Terrific car w/ the weak 10 speaker standard stereo system. I don't want to add a subwoofer since it would be in plain view. I live in DC and it would be a magnet for theives. Two questions: Has anyone intalled the Stage 1 Audio upgrade from Bavarian Soundworks? At $578 is sound like an easy way to improve sound. Any other solutions? I don't need the system to scream with bass tones, I just want to hear my jazz with some depth.
    my car is at the shop for a couple weeks but i have heard of many people who have done it and they said that it was like a brand new stereo. rainbow speakers are apparently very high quality. i havent heard one bad review, but dont forget that you might want to upgrade amps too. the stock amp is extremely inadequate. in my car its located on the back left of the trunk where the hookups for the cd changer are. the install on the bav sound setup is very very simple, and www.e46fanatics.com has mannnyyyyy diy's on how to open up the door panels. and bav sound also sends detailed instructions. i got my ipod integration kit from bav sound and could not be more impressed by the customer service, detailed installation, and just overall willingness to help people. hope all this helped

Don't waste your time with 10" subs, unless you get a JL Audio W7.

I have two 12's with a 600W amp and it's all the bump I need. I also have Infinity reference front door speakers, makes a huge difference.

Now all I need is a Pioneer screen with ipod integration. yeaahhhh.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Thread Information