Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Ericsson W810i

Sony Ericsson W810i

I'm about to order it a week today (once i get my wages) along with a 4gb memory stick because my old sony Nw-HD3 mp3 player broke about a year ago and i've been using a flash-memory crappy mp3 player ever since.

I'm on T-Mobile at the moment and the cheapest price I can find is £110 with t-mobile again (£99 for phone, non-optional £10 topup) on pay-as-you-go. Strangely, atleast £50 cheaper than the sim-free version. and i can just put my current t-mobile simcard into it. makes sense!

I fell in love with it when my friend got one. Really nice to use. I've never been fussy over mobile phones before, always had the hand-me-downs. But i need an mp3 player too, and the walkman player on this with the 4gb would do fine.

Has anyone already got this phone or had any experience with it? Would be good to hear about it before I buy it. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 11-27-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Sony......meh0rz...

The Sony 800 or the new 810i (NOT the W810i) are nice. I am currently looking for the LG KE970 Shine...

Somehow...I honestly think mp3 players and phones should be left separate and the design of this phone is average at best.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03 View Post
    Somehow...I honestly think mp3 players and phones should be left separate and the design of this phone is average at best.
    Exactly. I wish they'd spend all that money just making a "phone." They haven't perfected the phone as a phone good enough to be putting Mp3 players, games, etc. on it. Do one thing, do it right.

i personally hate the interface on those sony ericson phones. currently i use a Samsung SCH U740. a super hot phone that i love. dual flip full keypad. too bad no wifi. CDMA on verizon
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Good phone for the price, and if you get a memory card from Dixons it will cost peanuts.

(Also, the LG Shine is a class phone, i told my brother to get one and he loves it)

I sell phones. Sony Ericsson > LG when it comes to just about everything.

the Shine is going to break down. and it will not be pretty.

The W810i is a very, very old phone tech wise. but it can't be beat for a decent price.

Congrats.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

if you sell phones, then ive noticed the W610i in the shops

whats the difference?

I'm not a phone person as such, but isn't that phone just the same as the K750, albeit with a walkman button?

I have a K750 and it's pretty awesome. A lot cheaper than the W810, I'd imagine. No nasty orange bits either, come to that.

(The K750 has forward/backward, volume + & - and play and pause buttons, they're just on the side instead of the front)

I have this phone and it is really good!
    I like it a lot..
    What's this for?

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    Samsung SCH U740. a super hot phone that i love. dual flip full keypad. too bad no wifi. CDMA on verizon
    That's what I have, i love it, but i wish verizon wouldn't be a dick and just make one with a sim card.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I have been around Sony Ericsson phones since they came out, and with Ericssons since 1998 because Dad used to work for them. They are the best, most reliable and revolutionary phones out there. The T68 started the trend for colour-screen phones, the T610 started the craze for more stylish phones, and the K750i just kicked the shit out of everything when it was launched- it's still a very good phone today.

Congrats on the phone, Rik. It'll serve you well. I'm upgrading in August, probably gunna go for the latest SE phone out.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    the Shine is going to break down. and it will not be pretty.
    What makes you so sure? And what exactly will break?

Also, then what would be a sturdy, excellent, nice-designed GSM phone? Because I am honestly looking for one and the LG KE970 Shine is first on my list (I'm waiting to see it first-hand before I order it online)
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

I got the W810i a few months ago w/ Cingular's network in New York... It's a very good phone, even for the price... I like the interface a lot and with some extra memory you can put the mp3 player to good use...

Good luck w/ it...
    "It's better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow"
    - ...?

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I would say, don't stress out over which one to get...it's just a phone after all...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    if you sell phones, then ive noticed the W610i in the shops

whats the difference?
    Upgraded user interface. M2 Memory stick usage instead of Pro Duo.

And to answer the question RE LG phones.

We've sold a few LG phones at my work, including the New Shine. The previous Black Series phone, the Chocolate, has been unreliable, the battery doesn't last very long, and you can't expand the memory. i don't know about you but 512mb internal won't do me.

I've seen no evidence, other than a lack of touch pad, that the Shine will not continue LG's fine tradition of making sub-par handsets.

and they want you to pay $800 AU for it? lol.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information