Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new Suzuki SX4 Sedan or the answer on a question that has never been asked

The new Suzuki SX4 Sedan or the answer on a question that has never been asked

Suzuki recently presented the sedan-version of it's smallest SUV, the SX4. the concept itself seems a little bit -but just a very tiny little bit- weird to me. it really is, well... ehm... ...rubbish? i mean, what the hell have the suzuki guys smoked when somebody in the design/idea/whatever office -where they obviously have to many free time and no so many "good" ideas- said "hey, what about a suv-sedan based on our baby-suv, the sx4. but we won't tell the fiat guys cause they won't be amused an would throw spaghetti on us" .

the car is even more kinky than that ssangyong-thing called actyon or the plans from bmw, the X4 & the X6. all the three are 5door suv coupes (bmw ones based on X3 & X5)...!!! (how silly would have sounded that 30 years ago) but the most grotesque, kinky, freaky & odd car of this century definetly is the ssangyong actyon sports, which is the pick-up version of a 5door suv coupe... i mean how weird is that ?!?!

Suzuki SX4

BMW X4

BMW X6

Ssangyong Actyon & Actyon Sports

Last edited by Mäusekino; 04-12-2007 at 10:27 AM.

I can agree with the Ssangyong's... they sure look like rubbish...

But the BMW's are just wrong in this comparison... The images you posted are some weird chops done by some carmagazines and probably aren't even close to the real X4 and X6 (if they are even going to be made some day).

As for the Suzuki, it ain't that bad... there are many more worse cars if you look at price/quality/looks...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

in here i'm just caring about looks not bout quality etc. of course there are many cars that are more worse than the sx4 in case of looks, quality, reliability etc. but it's just plain ugly and soulless and the concept is just rubbish!!!
    if the x4 will come (like this)? nobody knows. but the x6 will come and will look like a deepend x5 with a lowerd roof.
    and the ssangyong actyon sports is a special story, i'd buy one cause nearly nobody else will -cause it's so freak out-, so that's a really individual way to drive, and more people would turn heads than people who see a new mini. and for turning even more heads i'd paint it bright orange and fit some 20" inch chrome alloys on it

whatever, it sure looks better than a suv (any suv)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    But Suzuki's effort at most pointless and ugly car in the world isn't bad either...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But Suzuki's effort at most pointless and ugly car in the world isn't bad either...
    not worse than a Logan, and that sells very well..
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

not worse than a Logan, and that sells very well..
    It'd say that the Suzuki is a lot taller and shorter. Possibly narrower too. Which makes it look akward.
    Visca Catalunya!

sell your minivan and get a life you eco freak

suv are not automatically pointless and ugly, they are if they just have 5 seats, no 4wd or a vw/hyundai/kia/chevy-daewoo/porsche badge on it - or if the driver has NO backache.

and also SUVs are not that bad as politicians, envirenmentalists and the media makes them. they don't have that much more co2 than the saloons or estates with the same engine. if people who bought a merc m-class or an X5 would have bought an e-/s-class or 5-/7-series it wouldn't be that different, just about 10% to 20% per car NOT general. suvs are about what? 10 percent of all cars worldwide and cars in general are producing about 15% of all the co2. so SUVs do what? 1% in the max of all co2 worldwide, oh yea blame it all on the showoffers in their big heavy dirty SUVs....

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It'd say that the Suzuki is a lot taller and shorter. Possibly narrower too. Which makes it look akward.
    how can something be taller and shorter than something else at the same time?
    Last edited by Mäusekino; 04-12-2007 at 12:24 AM.

Well I for one really like the SX4 wagon. It's got a nice llok to it, in my opinion, and it has a ton of space inside. It's a pretty efficeent car to boot, and for my lifestyle as a future teacher, and someone who love to go mountain biking, hiking etc. it'll be one of the choices for whenever I decide that I can go for a new car. Right now I have no car anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

did you miss, that i hadn't ment the sx4 wagon, which is, you're right, a good car (i'd rather buy the fiat version), but about stupid car concepts like the sx4 saloon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mäusekino View Post
    how can something be taller and shorter than something else at the same time?
    Taller as in height, shorter as in lenght. It meant less tall I'd have said lower.
    Visca Catalunya!

If it didn't have the "jacked-up" suspension and dodgy plastic wheel arches it would look nice too.

The Suzuki Jimny was smaller
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Looks like a honda civic. Kinda plain and uninspiring. Should sell great.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I'll go out on a limb here in admitting I saw a Ssangyong Actyon 'coupe' the other day and thought it looked alright. Different for sure when viewed against the class-standard compact SUV boredom but not repellant to my eyes, and distinctive enough to be interesting in a sea of sameness

Though I'd never buy one the Kryon is another Ssangyong of acceptable SUV appearance imo - no worse than Toyota Prado eg

How do Ssangyong manage to design such hideous cars?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information