Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please, be careful

Please, be careful

I was not going to make this thread, then I thought maybe I could prevent this from happening to other UCP members.

5 hours ago, I was walking along my street when a large Holden Commodore car stopped beside me. I saw 4 guys inside the car and one of the guys opened his door and approached me. He said "Have you got a phone, give me your phone". I knew I was about to be robbed and I would need my phone to call the police. So I said I don't have a phone, they asked me to give them my money or they would hurt me (they said they would bash me). You only live once so I gave them my wallet with $60 in it because I didn't want to be seriously injured or killed by these street thugs.

I live in a relatively good suburb/area in my city which is Adelaide, Australia. I was walking to my best friend's house when I was robbed. I couldn't run because when I finally realised they were going to rob me, the guy was very close to me. I have walked around my suburb, at day time and night time and the surrounding suburbs for 18 years and I have never been robbed before this.

I just want to all UCP members say please do not walk around at night time if you are by yourself unless you must go somewhere (emergencies etc.). I know many people are robbed during the light of day.

I'm alright now, thank God I was not killed or seriously injured.
    Last edited by john14; 04-14-2007 at 01:05 PM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    I was not going to make this thread, then I thought maybe I could prevent this from happening to other UCP members.

5 hours ago, I was walking along my street when a large Holden Commodore car stopped beside me. I saw 4 guys inside the car and one of the guys opened his door and approached me. He said "Have you got a phone, give me your phone". I knew I was about to be robbed and I would need my phone to call the police. So I said I don't have a phone, they asked me to give them my money or they would hurt me (they said they would bash me). You only live once so I gave them my wallet with $60 in it because I didn't want to be seriously injured or killed by these street thugs.

I live in a relatively good suburb/area in my city which is Adelaide, Australia. I was walking to my best friend's house when I was robbed. I couldn't run because when I finally realised they were going to rob me, the guy was very close to me. I have walked around my suburb, at day time and night time and the surrounding suburbs for 18 years and I have never been robbed before this.

I just want to all UCP members say please do not walk around at night time if you are by yourself unless you must go somewhere (emergencies etc.). I know many people are robbed.

Glad to hear you are ok. It is always at the most unexpected moment that these things happen. I once happened to be in such a situation. I however said I didn't have anything on me. The guy was alone and I took a risk and punched him in the face and ran away. Two weeks later we had 1200€ worth of damage to our house by that same guy. He received a 50€ fine.

From experience(my niece) i know these things can be really traumatic. Stay cool and try and don't get paranoid as many people seem to become nowadays..

Did you report it to the police ?

Originally Posted by drakkie
    Glad to hear you are ok. It is always at the most unexpected moment that these things happen. I once happened to be in such a situation. I however said I didn't have anything on me. The guy was alone and I took a risk and punched him in the face and ran away. Two weeks later we had 1200€ worth of damage to our house by that same guy. He received a 50€ fine.

From experience(my niece) i know these things can be really traumatic. Stay cool and try and don't get paranoid as many people seem to become nowadays..

Did you report it to the police ?
    Thank you drakkie.

drakkie, I will report this to the police tomorrow. My heart is still beating fast now.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

I'm glad to hear that afterall you're ok, john.

In my opinion I think you took the best decision.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Probably made the right choice in handing over your wallet, it's just money. I'm glad that you're alright.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

You made the right choice

Drakkie didn't

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post

I just want to all UCP members say please do not walk around at night time if you are by yourself unless you must go somewhere (emergencies etc.). I know many people are robbed.

**** a duck!.. You did the right thing 4 on 1 is no good, And when they got a car it's going to be very hard to out run a car, But if you ever feel like running and can run much longer then me, Stick you foot behind the guys leg and push him over and run like ****!.

Did you pick up there reg at all?
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Slick, I didn't see the licence plate. I was robbed just before 11pm so it was very dark. Anyway, the car was a relatively expensive Holden Commodore (I am guessing the car was built after the year 2000) so the car was probably stolen.

I'm glad you're ok. That's the most important thing. It's very unfortunate that this happend but it's common accurence in urban areas. What you, and everyone shoud keep in mind is that, in such a situation you should be as calm as possible, do not panic (that's the worst state you could be in because the robber knows he controls you). If they ask for your wallet throw the wallet, let's say, to the left and at that same moment run to the right. Do not give them the wallet or whatever they ask (they will probably go for the wallet and leave you alone - they got what they wanted). Also it's best not to keep any personal identification in your wallet. Chances are that they are scared too, but they are not the ones caught by surprise. Think to yourself that "it's only money". There are so many variables in a situation like this and if you think about charging them/him you should think that he probably has at least a knife, maybe you don't see it, maybe he doesn't, you don't know. Those who know about hand-to-hand combat would probably run, in most cases, but if they decide to fight to keep their belongings or just for the principles, they could analyze the situation better and they could fight. In such a situation the one who has a knife has a very big advantage over the one who hasn't.
    This is just an advice because, again, there are so many variables.
    Give them what they want. Your health is the most important aspect.
    For better advice search the net and you will find expert advice on types of situations such as this.

P.S.: Please excuse any mistakes in my writing.

what's the world coming to when you can't walk without being harassed or robbed..
    My friends son was robbed last year at a bus stop they took his phone and money they were Sudanese and they towered over him in a group of 5 with a couple of Lebo kids, He handed the money over they had video surveillance and the shop owners at a pizza shop seen it all, But they never got them.
    Now a days i have my wallet in my pocket and my money in another section of my pants. I'm thick not smart like you i would have stood my ground and maybe got a beating cause i wouldn't have gave my stuff up. You made the right decision forsure i would have made the wrong one, And i can't run longer then 3 min
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

This is creepy, I am glad are are ok that is the most important thing. Its scary though because at the univerisity I attend here in Indiana, a girl was almost abducted the other night by some creep in a white van. She was just waiting for a bus but luckily some guys came along and the guy got away but at least he got away empty handed. However, now my friends and I are all worried about our female friends and I am seriously considering not walking anywhere without my knife (Small, only a 3 inch or so blade). Crime sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    This is creepy, I am glad are are ok that is the most important thing. Its scary though because at the univerisity I attend here in Indiana, a girl was almost abducted the other night by some creep in a white van. She was just waiting for a bus but luckily some guys came along and the guy got away but at least he got away empty handed. However, now my friends and I are all worried about our female friends and I am seriously considering not walking anywhere without my knife (Small, only a 3 inch or so blade). Crime sucks.
    My advice to you: do not carry the knife around with you. In my experience anyone who has a knife on them and doesn't know how to use it or have the mentality to use it will end up being cut with their own knife. Keep calm and look at John14's experience as a good example.

John14: You did as well as can be expected in the situation very smart choices made, Bravo.

I personally have never been the victim of a robbery (or the one doing the robbing), however I have stopped a few that might have gotten ugly (and one where it did).

Best advice is to keep calm make sure that you don't have one wallet for cash, and personal info. You also never give up your cell phone if you have one.
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

Shoulda kicked that mother****er in the nuts, stomped on his face, and ran like a mother****er...

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Tooth Tony
    Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two small mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties mangled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun...
    [Zoom in on the side of Sol's gun, which indeed has "REPLICA" etched on the side; zoom out, as they sneak peeks at the sides of their guns]
    Bullet Tooth Tony: And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O"...
    [Withdraws his gun and puts it on the table]
    Bullet Tooth Tony: Written down the side of mine...
    [They look, zoom in on the side of his gun, which indeed has "DESERT EAGLE .50" etched on the side]
    Bullet Tooth Tony: Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... **** off!
    Problem solved.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I've been approached a couple of times, once in a neighboring town and another time in my hometown.

The first time was about 4-5 years ago and I was walking along a main street late at night when 2 (dare I say black) hoodlums walked up to me, about 18-20 years of age demanded I give them the cell phone I was using. It was my dad's new cell that they let me borrow for the night since I was going to be out late and those days still involved calling the parents for a ride home. He asked me a couple of times and I said no, until they walked away and cursed me out. I don't think they were ready to hit a 14 year old kid.

The second time, I was in my hometown walking back from a party, about a year ago. A kid about my age, maybe older approached me and demanded I give him his money. The only problem with his encounter was that he had no weapon, he was short, and he looked scared. I'm 6 foot 1, about 185 lbs and of athletic build, while this kid was 5'10ish and barely pushing 160. I told the kid to **** off, since I was drunk, pushed him, and walked home.

Thread Information