Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why your next console should be a PC.

Horse is slain.

PC > consoles

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xG5_...elated&search=
    No need for "new". Just use it .... search for wii pc control games and you'll get lots of how-to.

MS produced a motion sensitivee controller years ago. It was great ot Motocross Madness
    Here's a guide on how to set it up: http://www.overclock.net/computer-pe...e-windows.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    PC > consoles
    Got anything constructive to say?

Oh and my SLI-DR Expert pwns that Ultra-D.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    You forgot to mention forums, email, music, etc. Seriously if the system's staying home, then why not get just one that can do everything?
    that's what shitty computers are for?
    my comp can run C&C 3 and supreme commander, and that's all i needed from it.
    what makes you think my xbox stays at home, lol.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    that's what shitty computers are for?
    my comp can run C&C 3 and supreme commander, and that's all i needed from it.
    what makes you think my xbox stays at home, lol.
    It makes life much easier to just combine the price of a crappy PC and a console and just get one decent PC. I can put wheels (came with my case) under my case and roll it to my friend's house if I wanted to.

Maybe one day I should mod my case with a powerful motor so I can sit on it and ride it around my neighborhood LOL. J/k.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

It makes life much easier to just combine the price of a crappy PC and a console and just get one decent PC. I can put wheels (came with my case) under my case and roll it to my friend's house if I wanted to.

Maybe one day I should mod my case with a powerful motor so I can sit on it and ride it around my neighborhood LOL. J/k.
    i get shitty computers from work that are perfect for office use
    Xbox fits in my backpack, although it does get scanned separately at airports, lmao.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

This is something that has been debated for what seems like ages and is going to be hotly debated for possibly decades to come. A lot of people will say that consoles are better due to their ease of use.
    Something to think about is that consoles are becoming more and more like PC's. I am pretty certain that in several years consoles will be more of an HTPC, rather than just a console (hell, you can put Linux on the PS3).

But then on a PC you can do more things, play games, listen to music, internet surfing, email, and even watch TV. You can actually upgrade a PC.
    Image quality is much better on a PC. If you haven't noticed a lot of game developers are coming back to PC.

It's more of a matter of personal opinion. A lot of people are going to stand by console gaming and a lot are going to stand by PC gaming.

yes, but as of now the consoles have the edge, not for technical reasons, but for gamers - all three consoles have a bucketload of new titles coming in, the PC is in a bit of a slump.

yes, but as of now the consoles have the edge, not for technical reasons, but for gamers - all three consoles have a bucketload of new titles coming in, the PC is in a bit of a slump.
    PC has been in a bit of a slump, but the slump is starting to turn around. WoW and Oblivion kind of helped out PC gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    PC has been in a bit of a slump, but the slump is starting to turn around. WoW and Oblivion kind of helped out PC gaming.
    they were kinda niche games, WoW is something i never could get into though. Oblivion was cool, but then those that had the option got it on xbox (my friend bought it for both platforms lol)
    Crysis will wow people i have no doubt, but there's not much else, especially for people who don't have cutting edge PC's, whereas console users are all equal (convenient!)
    plus, 4 player co-op ftmfw

they were kinda niche games, WoW is something i never could get into though. Oblivion was cool, but then those that had the option got it on xbox (my friend bought it for both platforms lol)
    Crysis will wow people i have no doubt, but there's not much else, especially for people who don't have cutting edge PC's, whereas console users are all equal (convenient!)
    plus, 4 player co-op ftmfw
    Crysis is designed to be playable on a wide range of PCs, and it's said to scale pretty well.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Crysis is designed to be playable on a wide range of PCs, and it's said to scale pretty well.
    if i can run stalker without issues could i run crysis?

if i can run stalker without issues could i run crysis?
    7600GS or above and you're fine.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

If games were all released at the same time, I would turn to PC gaming. But they aren't. I don't feel like waiting an eternity to play GTA4 on the PC when all of the console players get it first.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Games wise, I must think that PC comes first, at least for my own needs. Sure there's more new games coming to consoles, but the best racing, fps and strategy games are still on PC, even if they are a year or a few old.

Thread Information