Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armed Miss America 1944 stops intruder.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    So ? IMO it is something to do only as a last resort.. But offcourse opinions are free to have and vary. Just getting mine across
    It's not only your opinion, but also a poorly formed one based on a single, sketchy article. In no small part fueled by your preconceptions concerning a particular country.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    It's not only your opinion, but also a poorly formed one based on a single, sketchy article. In no small part fueled by your preconceptions concerning a particular country.
    If it'd happen here, I'd say exactly the same. Have you witnessed a shooting ? I did. Not something you want to see, it scared my ass off. You'll change your opinion too after something like that.

If it'd happen here, I'd say exactly the same. Have you witnessed a shooting ? I did. Not something you want to see, it scared my ass off. You'll change your opinion too after something like that.
    Right, so apart from having a rediculous bias, you are also traumatized.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

you are also traumatized.
    I wouldn't say that. But it is definately something that made me think and change. As you probably noticed by now, I am completely against any violence. Even useful violence if that would exist.

And now i'm off to have a beer in Brielle. Good night and a nice rest of your weekend

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Hey lay off drakkie, I don't agree that an 82 yr old women should go to jail for shooting out their tires but it was excessive violence, a woman balancing on a cane and firing a weapon, WTF!! Also I do agree with excessive force, people need to excerise reason, and revenge is a somple solution but not the right one. If somone holds you up then runs away you want to grab the gun under the counter and shoot them, becuase your angry that they threatened your life, but now that they no longer pose a risk to you is it justifiable?? I do not think so.
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Exactly. But isn't shooting excessive violence too then ?

IMO it is quite an excessive thing and in this case (it seems) useless, but offcourse I don't know what you do in your spare time, maybe you are part of the gun lobby.
    Right... I guess you'll drag up something and tweak it until it proves your point.

What she did wasn't excessive violence because no one was killed, except for 4 tires. Even if she did fire the gun at someone, she wouldn't be arrested and sentenced because she's 82 and they were tresspassing on the property, not to mention theft.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

There have been cases in the US of people getting sued by the would-be burglers and winning after getting shot, so its kind of a case-by-case thing I suppose. Excessive violence is a very general term and just like everything in the law can be interpreted the way a judge wants.

Now, I say that Miss America 1944 did the right thing, she could have gunned down a most likely unarmed burgler, but she just shot out his tires, taking out his escape route.

More power to her. If someone tried to rob me at that age and I was in a similar situation.. hell yeah I'd shoot their tires out.

Degenerate punks like these that hunt on old women deserve it.

Unnecesary use of violence = jailtime here. The thiefs would run away ithout a problem and Ms. America would go to jail. Long live Dutch law !
    Bank robbers that were beaten down even got shop owners in jail. If this wouldn't be done, everybody could beat anyone they want .. Equality for all ! Even for those with bad intentions !
    Where's that "ngga plz" license plate pic when I need it...

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yeah, that's a cool story.

However, if a bank robber gets stopped before he robs a bank, is he accountable for robbing the bank anyway?
    Conspiracy to commit a crime.

Exactly. But isn't shooting excessive violence too then ?

IMO it is quite an excessive thing and in this case (it seems) useless, but offcourse I don't know what you do in your spare time, maybe you are part of the gun lobby.
    Shooting someone would be excessive. Shooting a tire to prevent criminals from escaping isn't.

QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower View Post
    Hey lay off drakkie, I don't agree that an 82 yr old women should go to jail for shooting out their tires but it was excessive violence, a woman balancing on a cane and firing a weapon, WTF!! Also I do agree with excessive force, people need to excerise reason, and revenge is a somple solution but not the right one. If somone holds you up then runs away you want to grab the gun under the counter and shoot them, becuase your angry that they threatened your life, but now that they no longer pose a risk to you is it justifiable?? I do not think so.
    But she didn't shoot them. She shot their tires, preventing their escape, and possibly other crimes by doing so.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Bank robbers that were beaten down even got shop owners in jail.
    if that's the case, surely it'd be more hassle free to simply kill the robber so as not to get sued?
    . Equality for all ! Even for those with bad intentions !

Have you witnessed a shooting ?
    yes? at the rifle range, there was plenty of shooting
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I don't see whats violant about shooting tyres? If I was in her position I'd have been shooting faces.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

It scared your ass off to see someone shoot at an inanimate object?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

There used to be a time, in the U.S., when it was perfectly legal to protect yourself and your property.
    That time is long gone and now you can be arrested for doing so in some instances. Sad.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Bloody hell, she must be a good shot to hit the tyres of a moving car.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Bloody hell, she must be a good shot to hit the tyres of a moving car.
    I don't think it was moving...

Plus she had a walker for a shooting rest!!!

Thread Information