Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Normal

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Yupe. Like i said, they're into different segments of buyers for people in forums or car mags, not so much for businessmen in showrooms.
    I think Ferrari customers can spot the difference between a luxury Grand Tourer and a raw sportscar.

Edit: I am sure you remember the Ferrari 456 that ran alongside the 550/575. Or the 400 GT model that ran alonside the 512 BB / Testarossa. Or the 250 GTE that ran alongside the 250 GT Lusso.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Yes, as I'm in car forums.

But I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this to proof Ferrari buyers won't care.

It's just that when it comes to people that only treat them as luxury goods and not sports cars, it doesn't make much difference; and there are alot of these people filling up Ferrari's booking list that those that would actually thrash a Ferrari around a track. Real car enthusiasts would buy caterhams or ariel, Ferraris are just for showoffs and business dinners. Face the fact.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Yes, as I'm in car forums.

But I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this to proof Ferrari buyers won't care.

It's just that when it comes to people that only treat them as luxury goods and not sports cars, it doesn't make much difference; and there are alot of these people filling up Ferrari's booking list that those that would actually thrash a Ferrari around a track. Real car enthusiasts would buy caterhams or ariel, Ferraris are just for showoffs and business dinners. Face the fact.
    What fact? It's rediculous to assume that a Caterham or an Atom is a viable replacement for the 599.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    What fact? It's rediculous to assume that a Caterham or an Atom is a viable replacement for the 599.
    It is ridiculous to assume I'm speakin of caterham and atoms as replacement for 599s as well. But I'm speaking of the true reason of the majority buying one of those, and the true segment who would consider buying one of those is not to race around enthusiastically. Hence there ain't much differing a 612 and 599 for these people, hence those that are in the wait for 612s booking list, would switch to 599, and hence if there's another 632 (or watever) coming up, they might just switch as well. Why wait for an old car?

the true segment who would consider buying one of those is not to race around enthusiastically.
    nobody buys a car for that...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It is ridiculous to assume I'm speakin of caterham and atoms as replacement for 599s as well. But I'm speaking of the true reason of the majority buying one of those, and the true segment who would consider buying one of those is not to race around enthusiastically. Hence there ain't much differing a 612 and 599 for these people, hence those that are in the wait for 612s booking list, would switch to 599, and hence if there's another 632 (or watever) coming up, they might just switch as well. Why wait for an old car?
    So 599 owners aren't car enthusiasts? It's just flawed logic to assume that a 612 is an old car compared to the 599 GTB. According to your logic nobodoy will buy a Mercedes Benz S-class anymore because the new C-class has arrived.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    So 599 owners aren't car enthusiasts? It's just flawed logic to assume that a 612 is an old car compared to the 599 GTB. According to your logic nobodoy will buy a Mercedes Benz S-class anymore because the new C-class has arrived.
    You know it's ridiculous.

But. It's an "OLD" thing to showoff, for showoffers.

You know it's ridiculous.

But. It's an "OLD" thing to showoff, for showoffers.
    So all Ferrari owners are showoffers? Have you ever met a Ferrari owner?

(Ted Joans)

I'll forgive you for generalising my statements, and to trap me into admitting it.

I'll forgive you for generalising my statements, and to trap me into admitting it.
    You are the one that brought this up with your comments that the 599 GTB waiting list was the result of people moving up from their 612 Scaglietti order, because it was the newer car. This all because they are show offs and not real enthusiasts. Real enthusiasts would buy a Caterham or an Ariel. This is a summary of your previous posts. It's rather rich that you accuse me of generalising.

(Ted Joans)

I don't think the posers will buy a 599 or a 612...
    These cars are made in very limited numbers, and the guys who buy them, certainly are enthusiasts.
    The posers would buy a 360 or an F 430 (spider of course)

The posers wants attention from everybody (read: 14 y.o girls and nerds),
    not the hardcore Ferrari fan. They are afraid of the hardcore fans. They may ask them silly questions like: "what engine is in it??" and they can't answer....

I believe that it's not many of the general population that can tell what car a 599 or a 612 on the street are. If they go close upon it, they may notice that it's a Ferrari.

And the bull-crap about old Ferrari is nice..
    You know what a 250 GTO goes for these days right

Well, it actually started off as a speculation, where goes the topic went on to discussing 599 and 612 class differentiation, and I try stressing that many buyers of luxury goods would not see that as an important factor.

and I try stressing that many buyers of luxury goods would not see that as an important factor.
    so much for generalising...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Well, it actually started off as a speculation, where goes the topic went on to discussing 599 and 612 class differentiation, and I try stressing that many buyers of luxury goods would not see that as an important factor.
    It's pretty sad that you consider a Ferrari to be merely a luxury good. I guess you are not an enthusiast then.

(Ted Joans)

Nope. not me. but people who aren't in car forums.

Thread Information