Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Orion Falcon - First Pictures

The XR6T will probably go faster once someone like Motor get it (provided its not a dodgy 40 degree day). Theres been alot made from the fact Drive ran that 5.1 with the air-con still on, not sure what difference having it off would make though.

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Ford really need the new 6.2L short stroke V8 to compete with the LSx engines.
    Only for those people set on a V8, the I6T is doing fine and the Ecoboost/Twinforce engines shouldnt have a problem.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    But really a few tenths here and there means nothing really
    Too anyone who has a functioning brain that is I used to get it hardcore because the holden was a few tenths quicker on the 1/4
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    The XR6T will probably go faster once someone like Motor get it (provided its not a dodgy 40 degree day). Theres been alot made from the fact Drive ran that 5.1 with the air-con still on, not sure what difference having it off would make though.

Only for those people set on a V8, the I6T is doing fine and the Ecoboost/Twinforce engines shouldnt have a problem.
    Mod motors arent really that bad there plenty of ways to make them go fast the faveorite we have been seeing on a decade of SVT mustangs has been supercharging and im not going to hold my breath while waiting for it either. If we arent going to see that then at least an all alloy job with direct injection should be on the cards I can wait until the mod redesign thatll see a vvti capeable motor and possibly the twinspark they where thinking about.

You can also open them up very well rember they are a very deep breathing motor that have incredible potential Ive seen recent tests of a 7L sohc mod that was peeling off 9s.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Take any cast iron block engine and force feed it air and your always going to get good power though.
    I am the Stig

Take any cast iron block engine and force feed it air and your always going to get good power though.
    True that But still yanks use a smaller alloy one thats faster then our model...bastards.

One problem is prodrive is trying to attract a maore mature market as they say...so they dont want it to idle loud and rough or not be smooth while driving which is bs imo because their ment to be performance cars.

According to a member on LS1.com, the F6 ran a 4.7 0-100km/h in official testing. That was with half a tank of fuel but 2 people onboard. GT will be hard set to beat the XR6T at this rate.
    I am the Stig

According to a member on LS1.com, the F6 ran a 4.7 0-100km/h in official testing. That was with half a tank of fuel but 2 people onboard. GT will be hard set to beat the XR6T at this rate.
    The XR6T is the gun we already know that but the mindset of useless v8 isnt the right one to use on this motor theres potential there wasted by its creators, there are plenty of versions that are better then the one we have but still theres nothing stopping them from camming and exhausting it and allowing those deep breathing heads to really work....except their own mindset.

Do you guys know how many people can the shit out of my arse for saying the Boss V8 is weak, High tech and smart yes but just lacks real go, And simply power is what many want, With all the technology behind it it still gets canned by a 6.

When i say the Boss has weak low down torque better midrange then dies as the RPM is up time to shift they wont proof?.
    Ask any former Boss owner why they changed to the I6T and then you will know.

Ford don't respect V8's anymore.

The biggest bagging to me over the boss comes from Holden guys . There so obsessed with V8's that anything less dropped some cylinders over a bump.

Also I'm shocked the Torque has only slightly lifted for the F6.. Power is up big but torque only slightly.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Ford don't respect V8's anymore.
    I dont think its that. Theyve had their hands tied behind their hands by the US as they only have the need for a relatively small V8 in the Mustang, what we've been getting are what has been coming out of the F-series trucks which havent been all that special compared to some of the DOHC 4.6 V8's running around in the states.

Torque on the F6 is probably only up a touch because theyre using a smaller turbo. The old engine hit a peak around 600-650hp with the stock turbo, the standard cars are now 420hp so theres not as much left in them before you have to start spending more than a few thousand. The peak figures a few hundred rpm lower though IIRC, something like 1900rpm.
    I am the Stig

I dont think its that. Theyve had their hands tied behind their hands by the US as they only have the need for a relatively small V8 in the Mustang, what we've been getting are what has been coming out of the F-series trucks which havent been all that special compared to some of the DOHC 4.6 V8's running around in the states.

Torque on the F6 is probably only up a touch because theyre using a smaller turbo. The old engine hit a peak around 600-650hp with the stock turbo, the standard cars are now 420hp so theres not as much left in them before you have to start spending more than a few thousand. The peak figures a few hundred rpm lower though IIRC, something like 1900rpm.
    What would the 4.6lt go like in the Falcon with some tuning better breathing heads and that?..

So the F6 whilst being better all over won't match the easiness of the Boss engine Forced?.
    There are guys claiming boost it some and it's 650hp easy.. But on stock internals?

The 4.6 without a blower would be asthmatic in a Falcon, its an engine designed for 1500kg Mustangs. With the blower it'd probably be a good engine, but capacity sells and it lacks that against 6L+ Chev V8's.
    I am the Stig

The 5.8 and 6.2 can't come fast enough?.. Lets hope Ford bring them on..

The boss 302 was apparently a much better engine with higher torque in the right places. Why wasn't this done earlier?.

I think its going to be difficult for them. The 5.8/6.2 will give them the selling point by having the big engine, but by all means the engine hasnt been engineered with the best economy in mind, whereas the new 5L DOHC going into the Mustang has been.

The last 2 years its almost as if the world's flipped a switch and all of a sudden we're all now Earth conscious, we've gotta save the whales, plant trees, emit less CO2. Who knows how crazy it'll be in another 2 years when the engine will need to be rolling down the production line inside the Falcon. Having a smaller capacity engine is quickly becoming the selling point now, so long as its got the performance and economy.
    I am the Stig

Maybe a 5.8 option for FPV only?.. 5lt in the Falcons?.

Yeah earth conscious over board.. I'm all for watching the earth etc, But i don't see how cars are going to kill the earth, It's more country's themselves need to smarten up and cut emission levels.
    I think it's always easier to blame cars with big motors then blame a country that kills the environment all by themselves.

I dont think they'll take both engines, the 5L is a bigger version of the current Jag 4.2L V8 whilst the 5.8/6.2 is a rejigged modular V8 with wider bore spacing. They apparently want to make a blown version of the 5L though and have it along with the rest of their ecoboost/twinforce engines.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information