Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: XBOX 360 : Forza Motorsport 2

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Suka View Post
    The reason you can't go be screenshots is that they are distroyed by the game so they can be uploaded quickly. If i could take a raw screenshot from the game you would see.
    And why would a picture in photo mode have worse quality than real-time rendering? Photo mode can have either same or better quality than the system constantly loading and rendering new objects in real-time, but not worse. The only way photo mode can "destroy" the quality is with the added effect, and in this case the extra blur of distant objects, but that still doesn't affect the quality of the car and nearby objects.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    And why would a picture in photo mode have worse quality than real-time rendering? Photo mode can have either same or better quality than the system constantly loading and rendering new objects in real-time, but not worse. The only way photo mode can "destroy" the quality is with the added effect, and in this case the extra blur of distant objects, but that still doesn't affect the quality of the car and nearby objects.
    Ok i'm going to have to make this as simple as i possibly can so that you can understand.

The actual gameplay graphics are immense, when you actually play the game everything is perfectly finished off. Its great. When you take a photo in photo mode here the image quality is GREATLY reduced. If i could show a comparison between the photos in this thread and raw screenshot you would understand.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Ok i'm going to have to make this as simple as i possibly can so that you can understand.

The actual gameplay graphics are immense, when you actually play the game everything is perfectly finished off. Its great. When you take a photo in photo mode here the image quality is GREATLY reduced. If i could show a comparison between the photos in this thread and raw screenshot you would understand.
    Damm their goes my last reason, why not to buy a xbox 360.
    Now I have to have one

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,

The jaggies are there. When you're playing, everything's moving and it's much less noticeable, but it's there. It's the same case with most games.

Photo mode does not reduce quality. It's when you upload the photos to a computer where the photo itself is displayed in its native resolution (not the monitor's) that make the jaggies show up. The jaggies can be noticed easily on computer monitors due to the crisper image (especially on LCD monitors), where it's less noticeable on televisions. When on television, the image just gets blown up to fit the screen where further makes it less noticeable, especially for games that feature motion blur.

Even if you take a "raw" screenshot with a TV capture device, the screenshot would then be saved in its own resolution rather than the television's, which the jaggies will become easily noticeable again. The X360 isn't rendering every single pixel the TV has.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Well you said graphics.

I'm sure Forza 2 would have the better graphics if the X360 can do high AA levels in real-time, or at least program the game so at least the photos are AA'ed. The jaggies are horrible.
    the game does have AA and it works really well even with pics...but the uploaded product takes milliseconds and thus is much worse quality

in all reality...taking an in game pic is cool...but it doesnt make or break a game FORZA 2 owns TDU....but TDU is still one of my all time top 5 fav race games
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Uploading compression > Forza2 screenshots.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

The jaggies are there. When you're playing, everything's moving and it's much less noticeable, but it's there. It's the same case with most games.

Photo mode does not reduce quality. It's when you upload the photos to a computer where the photo itself is displayed in its native resolution (not the monitor's) that make the jaggies show up. The jaggies can be noticed easily on computer monitors due to the crisper image (especially on LCD monitors), where it's less noticeable on televisions. When on television, the image just gets blown up to fit the screen where further makes it less noticeable, especially for games that feature motion blur.

Even if you take a "raw" screenshot with a TV capture device, the screenshot would then be saved in its own resolution rather than the television's, which the jaggies will become easily noticeable again. The X360 isn't rendering every single pixel the TV has.
    Nice try.. but no. The in-game graphics are much better than what is uploaded onto the computer, and it has nothing to do with the sharpness of a computer monitor. I've played F2 on a 37" 1080p widescreen LCD tv with the xbox on 'HDTV' mode and the quality was superb.

Tru dat. I play on a 50" or 52" Panasonic rear projection in 1080i, and I sit 6' away. If the picture sucked, I'd know.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Sometimes its just not worth explaining...
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

We should all just give up on the all this modern gubbins and revert back to old skool Nintendos. Simple as that. No more debates.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

8bit for the win. \m/
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    We should all just give up on the all this modern gubbins and revert back to old skool Nintendos. Simple as that. No more debates.

I <3 old school Nintendo
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post

I <3 old school Nintendo
    you know in goldeneye N64 multiplayer, in the facility level, do you remember rushing to the this room when you saw someone spawn in the air ducts above the toilets..aah the memories.
    autozine.org

So I spent like 3 hours tonight trying to get to level 35, and I finally did it. And I still can't get a ****ing F40, 288GTO, or Enzo. **** this. ****. ****. ****.

Seriously, when the hell do they unlock???
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    So I spent like 3 hours tonight trying to get to level 35, and I finally did it. And I still can't get a ****ing F40, 288GTO, or Enzo. **** this. ****. ****. ****.

Seriously, when the hell do they unlock???
    one more level..lol

EDIT: just a little tip

go to buy a car....press Y button on any car and it tells you what you have to do to unlock it
    Last edited by werty; 06-25-2007 at 08:57 PM.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Thread Information