Thread: Jeep Liberty

Jeep Liberty

my friend's folks are thinking of buying a used 2002 Jeep Liberty (called Cherokee in same places of the world).
    Has anyone here heard of serious, significant problems with that car/model ? Do you happen to know of any issues about it ? Its the V6 model with 3.7L engine.

They asked me for my opinion, so i though u guys can help me with this one.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

My dad once received one while the Audi was in the service. It has a lot of power, accelerates pretty fast. The suspension is a bit tight though, maybe if they are too old they won't like the driving and would rather have something softer. But it is a good car from what I know.
    Last edited by Niko_Fx; 03-15-2006 at 09:23 PM.

thanks Niko, i appreciate ur input.

anyone else ??
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Wife's sister got one...a 2002 Liberty and in general, the car is cool. EXCEPT, the seatbelts kind of flutter when on the freeway with the windows open.

Other than that, no complaints yet.
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Jeep lovers will give them so much crap for buying this car

in my opinion the car is ok, but should have never been made by jeep, it came off as a sissy jeep, which may or may not matter to your friends

but i have alot of friends in jeep clubs across America and the only jeep one should buy is the wrangler sahara, 4wd and a 4 inch lift with 33's and up is the minimum

the major no no is lifting the liberty and putting wheels on it, then jeeper's will lose all respect for you and will stop waving when you pass them on the road

just some advice to take to mind, i'm not saying the car is dumb or anything like that, just repeating the words straight from people i know with real jeeps
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Despite the danger of loosing vauable cred with Jeep Club rednecks, I would imagine it is as good as any soft SUV. I believe it is manufactured in Austria which may or may not be of significance. From the more reasoned reports I have read in 4x4 magazines these things perform pretty well and I think the diesels get a pretty good wrap (I cant believe I said that). If they do not want it for hard core off roading they will be fine.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

from what i know about them, they will use it to drive around the city and maybe haul some stuff in it. it will probable never get off the asphalt.

as for being manufactured in Austria, actually the one they will be getting is assembled in Egypt.

so i guess no one mentioned any serious defects as far as street driving is concerned. so again, thank all of u for participating.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    Jeep lovers will give them so much crap for buying this car

in my opinion the car is ok, but should have never been made by jeep, it came off as a sissy jeep, which may or may not matter to your friends

but i have alot of friends in jeep clubs across America and the only jeep one should buy is the wrangler sahara, 4wd and a 4 inch lift with 33's and up is the minimum

the major no no is lifting the liberty and putting wheels on it, then jeeper's will lose all respect for you and will stop waving when you pass them on the road

just some advice to take to mind, i'm not saying the car is dumb or anything like that, just repeating the words straight from people i know with real jeeps
    There's nothing wrong with a Jeep Liberty. They're small compact SUVs, that are suitable for families, not Monster Truck competitions.
    Tdot owns you.

The Jeep liberty is called the cherokee in the UAE. it replaced the previous cherokee so now we have 3 models from jeep the Grand cherokee, cherokee & the wrangler. the cherokee didnt sell much here but ive read that its a good soft offroader. u could also give the freelander a shot coz its also good. i actually am not a big fan of the cherokee's (liberty) looks.

hey werty, try checkin out the LOST website if you think liberty's are wimpy...many libertys have yanked more "masculine" machines from their stuck-nesses! LOL 2 1/2" lift and 31's, the rig is a beast! LOSTkj.com go there, if you dare! peace!

They seem nice to drive my dads buddy has one. Plus there made close to my house so it helps out the local econemy so naturaly I like it.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Thread Information