Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford passed Toyota Initial Quality

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Because in the UK they have a survey which checks in on owners and their vehicles after 2-3 years. perhaps a better understanding of how a vehicle truly performs in it's lifetime (and it also includes dealer service, etc)
    Is it Warranty Direct you are referring to? Their methodology for surveying vehicle reliability is pretty convincing, all told

http://www.reliabilityindex.co.uk/tophundred.html

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Is it Warranty Direct you are referring to? Their methodology for surveying vehicle reliability is pretty convincing, all told

http://www.reliabilityindex.co.uk/tophundred.html
    it is explained somewhere how and why the US and UK manufacturer index differs in definition/representation?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    Then I wonder why Matra defends JD Power & Associates?
    Because you were suggesting that a bunch of guys with an interest on a forum were "reliable".

JDP has issues too. ALL surveys do, that's why any intelligent person would not use ONE source to determine a POV

Can't blame people like Ford crowing about getting high results on INITIAL quality perception - because the other stuff SUCKS !! But anyone who decided to buy a Ford based on just INITIAL survey woudl be in for an upset later on !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Because you were suggesting that a bunch of guys with an interest on a forum were "reliable".
    But the "bunch of guy's" reviews pretty much match other reviews, such as from JP Power , Consumer Reports, Edmunds, etc.

JDP has issues too. ALL surveys do, that's why any intelligent person would not use ONE source to determine a POV
    That's true. That's why I go by other sources like the ones mentioned above.

Can't blame people like Ford crowing about getting high results on INITIAL quality perception - because the other stuff SUCKS !! But anyone who decided to buy a Ford based on just INITIAL survey woudl be in for an upset later on!!!
    What are you talking about? The overall repair record of Ford autos is better than several European autos, such as Mercedes.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Can't blame people like Ford crowing about getting high results on INITIAL quality perception - because the other stuff SUCKS !! But anyone who decided to buy a Ford based on just INITIAL survey woudl be in for an upset later on !!!
    I have yet to be upset with my ford maybe the shocker is coming soon?
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by rev440 View Post
    Yeah....you have a Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Yeah....you have a Ford.
    When you get your licenses call me, thanks.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

We had two Fords for 6 years (a Focus and a Puma) and none went wrong. The interiors weren't the best quality, but as far as reliability is concerned they were fine.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

When you get your licenses call me, thanks.
    I didn't say anything that had to do with being able to drive.

people say toyota's last longer - even if they did, i ask why would you want them to last
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    But the "bunch of guy's" reviews pretty much match other reviews, such as from JP Power , Consumer Reports, Edmunds, etc.
    Only by your selective reading ie those that matched a report somewhere on the positive side, but ignore the rest ?
    That's true. That's why I go by other sources like the ones mentioned above.
    Earlier you were saying ONLY the forums ?
    What are you talking about? The overall repair record of Ford autos is better than several European autos, such as Mercedes.
    Best improved is Mercedes, the issue is well documented with their vast electric motors for everything phase BUT rather than avoidign the point and trying to hope it gets ignored by bringing up Mercedes lapes in quality ... as I said ... go check out the other scores in the report -- stop being selective

PS: I owned a Ford Orion for 10 years as a family car and it was OK. Not great as it required 3 replacement front discs cos they were made of cheese and it was cheaper for Ford to replace those that complained than it was to source a better part AND the valves hit the pistons -- thankfully all under warranty. Funnily the fact that an Espace I one owned had a switch that kept falling out from the day I got it till I got rid of it never seemed to cause me much concern
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I learned quickly that in a fight between a piston and a valve, the valve will always lose. Though it may put a hurtin' on the piston.

I'll see if I can upload the pics off my phone of the 1.8T at the shop that skipped time. One of the intake valves was sideways and broken off, jammed into the head. It was beautiful.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Timing belts are the cheapest thing that can cause the most trouble

Only by your selective reading ie those that matched a report somewhere on the positive side, but ignore the rest ?
    I've read almost all of the reviews for mid-'90s- current Crown Vics, so I'm not ignoring the rest.
    To recap, here are the numbers for those who would buy another Crown Vic, those who were undecided, and those who wouldn't.

Year of Crown Vic-- Would buy again- Undecided- Would not by again
    1992-------------- 12--------------- 0-------- 3
    1993-------------- 14--------------- 3-------- 1
    1994-------------- 9---------------- 5-------- 5
    1995-------------- 12--------------- 1--------- 0
    1996-------------- 13--------------- 1--------- 1
    1997-------------- 16--------------- 1--------- 0
    1998-------------- 8---------------- 2--------- 0
    1999-------------- 12---------------- 1-------- 0

As can be seen, a lot more postives than negatives, which is what I said in the first place.

Earlier you were saying ONLY the forums ?
    I don't recall ever saying that I only go by one source. Probably because I don't.

Best improved is Mercedes, the issue is well documented with their vast electric motors for everything phase BUT rather than avoidign the point and trying to hope it gets ignored by bringing up Mercedes lapes in quality ... as I said ... go check out the other scores in the report -- stop being selective
    Best improved is right... they needed a lot of improving! Kind of sad considering how expensive they are.

PS: I owned a Ford Orion for 10 years as a family car and it was OK. Not great as it required 3 replacement front discs cos they were made of cheese and it was cheaper for Ford to replace those that complained than it was to source a better part AND the valves hit the pistons -- thankfully all under warranty. Funnily the fact that an Espace I one owned had a switch that kept falling out from the day I got it till I got rid of it never seemed to cause me much concern
    Things like that can (and does) happen in more expensive cars, too.
    Last edited by Fleet 500; 06-19-2007 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Timing belts are the cheapest thing that can cause the most trouble
    I'm sure glad my Cads have a timing chain, which doesn't need to be replaced every 60-70,000 miles. Timing chains last a lonnnng time!

Thread Information