Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LandQuail's 24-hour Le Mans Coverage.

LandQuail's 24-hour Le Mans Coverage.

Well, faithful readers, the Quail's constant fetish for people reading his writing, especially when the writing is powered with thoughts of petrol and very real Jack Daniels, has led him to create a thread for regular posts on the upcoming 24-hour race.

I've got a Conway Corporation man coming at 7 a.m. this morning, when my wife will be awake but I certainly won't, to hook up my digital cable box which will open the gates to Speed TV (formerly Speedvision, which some of you will remember was once worth a ****).

I planned to hold a Le Mans Watch Party, but all my old friends are married and grown up and grown old and every other awful thing that happens in the years after college. It'll just be me and the wife, who's strategy, I predict, will be to drink early and drink often in an attempt to pass out and avoid my lengthy explanations of how awesome it is that Spyker's got cars in the race or why I'm rooting for Aston over the 'Vettes or saying "listen, here comes the Murcielago again!."

That leaves a lonely hillbilly on the couch, or a hillbilly who's sharing his thoughts during the race with the Interweb.

SPOILER/DISCLAIMER

I will be getting very drunk. Observing this, I abandon all responsibility for my actions or words from the eighth hour onwards to the finish. I'd advise against any talk about how Texas, Tennessee, Missouri, Mississippi, or Oklahoma are better than Arkansas, though I'd tolerate arguments for the merits of Louisiana.
    Avoiding any north-south shit would be to everybody's benefit too. Nobody, not even me, wants me to get started on that shit. To be blunt, this thread will be my very own personal padded cell. By hour 20, it'll be rough, and I'd advise only those with pioneering spirits to participate. You know who you are.

Also, at some point I might post LandQuail wedding photos, depending on how the spirits suit me.

Anyway, long story short, for up-to-the-hour updates on The Great Race, here they are. Watch this space.
    I sometimes wonder if you all can tell when I'm not serious...
    SSSSSSSQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWKK KKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by LandQuail; 06-13-2007 at 11:31 PM.

as long as you are going to make regular pitstops to relieve yourself these 24 Hours are not going to be too harmful, I suppose
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Ah, don't we all miss the days of Speedvision, it was like Speed, but without the NASCAR

The only way the Lambo is going is straight into a gravel trap, like it so often does

you take that back, you sumbich.

Yeah, you're right, though. I'd love Lamborghini to have a credible finish, but I'd not bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    as long as you are going to make regular pitstops to relieve yourself these 24 Hours are not going to be too harmful, I suppose
    I will piss as the need arises, if that's you point.

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    you take that back, you sumbich.

Yeah, you're right, though. I'd love Lamborghini to have a credible finish, but I'd not bet on it.
    Maybe if Reiter Engineering took over the JLOC effort, and put in some more experienced drivers, the Lambo would get at least into the top 5...

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Maybe if Reiter Engineering took over the JLOC effort, and put in some more experienced drivers, the Lambo would get at least into the top 5...
    The car will break. I'd bet my $40 on it. If you want to take it, there's always PayPal...

I must say reading your posts is always a pleasant experience Mr. Quail. You have quite a distinguished style, and I love it honestly. I'm looking forward for your detailed summary, however, do you know that Speed TV doesn't cover the race 24 hours in-a-row?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    I must say reading your posts is always a pleasant experience Mr. Quail. You have quite a distinguished style, and I love it honestly. I'm looking forward for your detailed summary, however, do you know that Speed TV doesn't cover the race 24 hours in-a-row?
    He can watch US GP qualifying.

Damn that several hour break in coverage for NASCAR that happens every year!

NO SHIT!

Why do you think I'll be drinking so much? It's only the most widely watched sporting event in the HISTORY OF THE MOTHER****ING HUMAN SPECIES and approximately one American in 500 can tell you whether or not in involves a ball of some sort.

Meanwhile, Dale ****ing Jr. can swap teams and it's all I hear all day on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC.

The teenage oil-change boy on lowest-point NASCAR team can get photographed whacking off in an Ohio titty-bar and it'll grab more US headlines than an outright Le Mans win for the Corvettes — and don't think I'm not aware of the trrravestî (there's your French word, Henk, or as close to it as I can imagine).

I feel fortunate they're covering as much of it as they are this year.

NO SHIT!

Why do you think I'll be drinking so much? It's only the most widely watched sporting event in the HISTORY OF THE MOTHER****ING HUMAN SPECIES and approximately one American in 500 can tell you whether or not in involves a ball of some sort.
    Good then if you know, have a beer on me every time the Murcie pays itself a nice trip off the race.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

NO SHIT!

Meanwhile, Dale ****ing Jr. can swap teams and it's all I hear all day on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC.

The teenage oil-change boy on lowest-point NASCAR team can get photographed whacking off in an Ohio titty-bar and it'll grab more US headlines than an outright Le Mans win for the Corvettes — and don't think I'm not aware of the trrravestî (there's your French word, Henk, or as close to it as I can imagine).

I feel fortunate they're covering as much of it as they are this year.
    The Audi R10 had like 10 seconds of fame on CNN last year after it won...followed by 5 minutes of NASCAR

And don't get me started on Speed dumping their WRC coverage

do they ever show V8 supercars, btcc or dtm?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    do they ever show V8 supercars, btcc or dtm?
    They used to, but Speed ups the NASCAR every year...

LandQuail you're as good as Jack. Even if different...

Looking forward to the coverage.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information