Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Audi R8 Road Car Discussion thread.

i think they woudl have to go for a moniker above the rs4... seems like they woudl keep the current ones and go for an rsq4 or something like that. just have a dozen engines and trip packages on the A4.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    The next generation A4 will be pretty much a 4-door A5 so if they get a V10 inside the RS5, the next generation RS4 should be interesting.
    Isn't the V-10 already in the S5?

So something more potent should be in the RS5 right?

Can't wait.

Edit- nvm, it's a V-8, but still, it should be quite powerful anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Well, the A5 and A4 aren't actually related at all, so there's no reason for the 10 to not fit in the A5 even if it can't go in the A4 (though you can fit a V10 in a 3-series so Audi and MB are just being lazy) and in one of the release reviews I read that the RS5 was going to be V8, using the RS4 V8.
    As Asif has said we can pretty much see the A5 as a two door next generation A4, therefore my point.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    Hehe, and yeah, it sucked cos we cancelled our one last year, but im glad, because the 21" rims weren't available then, and we're getting them now

We ordered it in Quartz Grey, not too over the top with options etc... Should be wicked, when its delivered in around November/December i can finally post some good pictures. Now i'm just waiting, hoping i can get a nice car next year (Alfa Junior should be wicked)

Sorry for going off-topic.
    Oh nice! SE or S-Line?

My Dad wants a Q7 but it's a question of if he can afford one, plus help with my car, plus my Mum's new car plus the new house and all the mountains of work that it'll need including re-doing the whole garden, extensions and garages with an ofice above etc...

Oh yeah, which engine too!?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Oh nice! SE or S-Line?

My Dad wants a Q7 but it's a question of if he can afford one, plus help with my car, plus my Mum's new car plus the new house and all the mountains of work that it'll need including re-doing the whole garden, extensions and garages with an ofice above etc...

Oh yeah, which engine too!?
    3.0TDI S-Line.
    If he can afford one, he should buy one. But i definitely suggest an S-Line and the extra £700 for the MUCH better looking wheels. Sounds like a Q7 is bottom of his to-do list atm, with good reason. But some options are necessary, like tech pack. I'd say he'll need about £47k for an S-Line if he wants to spec it up well. He could probably haggle about 5% off that and obv much cheaper if u give in ur A6. But if you can, you should!!!

Yeah, it wouldn't be brand-new, he always buys like 2month old Ex-Demo's, he doesn't see the point in buying brand new when it looses to much value, he's tight with his money, I think his budget is around £34/36k, plus about £625k for the house, £15k for Mum's car and probably around £1k to help me out with my dream of a Mazda 3 next year.

Motion & Emotion

Yeah, it wouldn't be brand-new, he always buys like 2month old Ex-Demo's, he doesn't see the point in buying brand new when it looses to much value, he's tight with his money, I think his budget is around £34/36k, plus about £625k for the house, £15k for Mum's car and probably around £1k to help me out with my dream of a Mazda 3 next year.
    Hopefully you can find one for that much, but not many from Audi themselves... Well best of luck

He won't buy from anywhere other than a dealer, I know Basingstoke Audi have a few S-Lines, that's 'our' Audi dealer, not sure about the Five Oaks, the local one though... Not even going to bother looking into Portsmouth Audi... They're rubbish!

He's also looking into A8's as well. But my Dad's all mouth really...

Motion & Emotion

He won't buy from anywhere other than a dealer, I know Basingstoke Audi have a few S-Lines, that's 'our' Audi dealer, not sure about the Five Oaks, the local one though... Not even going to bother looking into Portsmouth Audi... They're rubbish!

He's also looking into A8's as well. But my Dad's all mouth really...
    I looked on Audi's website and there's a couple lightly-specced 4.2FSIs for less than £40k, not S-Lines, i still dunno how, but there were . But i dont think there was a single one beneath £36k, so thats the minimum i'd expect to find one for. Hope you find a good one though. Just make sure you get big rims

lol, from 1999 to 2006 we were stuck with aweful 15inch tin can alloys... Now we've 17inch 16spokers, they're nice, but I want S6 Alloys, soo uber cool!

Motion & Emotion

lol, from 1999 to 2006 we were stuck with aweful 15inch tin can alloys... Now we've 17inch 16spokers, they're nice, but I want S6 Alloys, soo uber cool!
    Get the Multispoke 19" wheels or the RS wheels (that come on the LeMans edition, speaking of which you can get big discounts on the A6 LeMans, which looks the business in my opinion)...

Oh, Basingstoke Audi have an A6 LeMans, but I think it's a 2.0TDI... So that's a no no. With the A6, it'd be the 5arms or the shiny 9? things like Ferrer's uncles, also on the A8L W16

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dad says it's TDI POWAH next time... Most likely an A6 Avant 2.7TDI S-Line or a LandRover Discovery HSE TDV6...
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 06-13-2007 at 06:34 AM.

Motion & Emotion

What does any of this have to do with the R8?
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Oh, Basingstoke Audi have an A6 LeMans, but I think it's a 2.0TDI... So that's a no no. With the A6, it'd be the 5arms or the shiny 9? things like Ferrer's uncles, also on the A8L W16

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dad says it's TDI POWAH next time... Most likely an A6 Avant 2.7TDI S-Line or a LandRover Discovery HSE TDV6...
    What's wrong with TDI? Audi diesel engines are wicked... You can get several options on an A6LM and still pay the standard £35k (for the 3.0TDI, dunno about the 2.7), just haggle hard! .Let's move conversation to the A6LeMans and Q7 threads now! 3pages of irrelevant stuff...
    Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 06-13-2007 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    What's wrong with TDI? Audi diesel engines are wicked... You can get several options on an A6LM and still pay the standard £35k (for the 3.0TDI, dunno about the 2.7), just haggle hard! .Let's move conversation to the A6LeMans and Q7 threads now! 3pages of irrelevant stuff...
    Diesel = lose.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information