Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game Are You Playing?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    It depends on how much longer you want to hold onto your PS2 and how much money you want to spend. I don't repair controllers, but maybe you can get a new PS2 controller? You could try aftermarket ones. Logitech makes good wireless ones.
    I thought to use to get an Xbox360 with FM3, but as I knew there will be an updated Xbox360 with the camera for that motion capture controller thighy, I should wait, even if I'm not that much into spending more than 200 € in a game console. I'm getting old I guess.
    I don't play that much, just every now and then, so I don't want to spend even 20 € on a new joypad, but if mine isn't working, it isn't possible even to trade the PS2 in.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I just read what Leon said and it inspired me to post. I used to spend a huge amount of time in my life playing videogames, I was somewhere between a hardcore gamer and a casual gamer I suppose - generally pretty competent, quick on the uptake. I played all sorts of games, RPGs, FPS, strategy, PC, console whatever. I have a SNES, Gamecube (I bought it cheap for one game) Xbox, and N64. Now I don't play at all. The last game I played for any time was Civilization III on PC and it wasn't really that great - I had already played Alpha Centauri (which was better and very similar to Civ III). Off topic, Alpha Centauri is tied the highest ranked game on PC Gamer with a 98% (Half Life 2 also has a 98%).

Anyhoo, do any of you guys also feel like you're growing out of games? It seems Leon is. I never thought I would but I find they can't hold my attention. Maybe if I had a Battlefield 1942 style game I could play again, but my "new" computer is about 4-5 years old and I don't have the money or will to invest in a new one for a game I might not even like. I now spend all the time I used to spend gaming on the web and on MSN and frankly, checking UCP.

Pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I just read what Leon said and it inspired me to post. I used to spend a huge amount of time in my life playing videogames, I was somewhere between a hardcore gamer and a casual gamer I suppose - generally pretty competent, quick on the uptake. I played all sorts of games, RPGs, FPS, strategy, PC, console whatever. I have a SNES, Gamecube (I bought it cheap for one game) Xbox, and N64. Now I don't play at all. The last game I played for any time was Civilization III on PC and it wasn't really that great - I had already played Alpha Centauri (which was better and very similar to Civ III). Off topic, Alpha Centauri is tied the highest ranked game on PC Gamer with a 98% (Half Life 2 also has a 98%).

Anyhoo, do any of you guys also feel like you're growing out of games? It seems Leon is. I never thought I would but I find they can't hold my attention. Maybe if I had a Battlefield 1942 style game I could play again, but my "new" computer is about 4-5 years old and I don't have the money or will to invest in a new one for a game I might not even like. I now spend all the time I used to spend gaming on the web and on MSN and frankly, checking UCP.

Pretty sad.
    You got the point.
    I still enjoy playing driving/racing games, I just don't feel like I should pay for them anymore. It's not simply about having free something you are supposed to pay for (so torrents and copied games) as I didn't cracked the PS2 to play non original games. It's just that the time they absorb and the "satisfaction" they give me is much lower than what it used to be, and it isn't worth so many money.
    I tried FM2 quite some times, and it's a game I'd love to play. Still, I prefer to re-play some older game like SCAR or Enthusia if I feel like I need to "drive" something. And some torrents any now and then, yes. They don't last much though.
    Now Grid is a good new game for me, but it won't last, I know.
    I used to be all nut for Devil May Cry. Got the thrid chapter in special edition last year, stopped playing it at the first difficult battle. I don't even know if it's at my place or at parents'.

If I consider what 200/250 € are worth generally, apart from a 360 with FM3, I can't honestly set for a console. Not now.

Maybe there aren't as many games I could enjoy as they used to be (or rather, I'm not interested in them anymore), so the cost of the console is all about one game. So it's simply unmoral.

Right now I'd prefer spending that exact money in a pen tablet as a gift for the GF. It would satisfy me the more, and it would be also more useful.

I guess it's exactly this, we grow up, money and fun both acquire a different role and meaning in our life.
    I still like to play games and have fun, just I'm not 15 anymore I guess.

Now I feel very sad and even older.
    Cameron, you own me a bottle of expensive wine (I don't drink beer, and I know you don't drink at all, fair enough, you can watch ).

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Now I feel very sad and even older.
    Cameron, you own me a bottle of expensive wine (I don't drink beer, and I know you don't drink at all, fair enough, you can watch ).
    Great - misery. Well, I guess it'd be pretty amusing to watch you drink an entire bottle of wine.

had a massive nostalgia hit and went back and played metroid prime, metroid prime 2: echoes, timesplitters, resident evil 4, prince of persia.
    also, downloaded and started playing BF:1943. conquest mode works waaay better than it does in BC.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Great - misery. Well, I guess it'd be pretty amusing to watch you drink an entire bottle of wine.
    I drunk two bottle several times just with a partner (you know who). I'm usually ok, but I must say I eat at the same time.
    Only one time they knocked me down, those were two pretty strong Georgian wines. I wasn't really KO, but it took 4 hours to reach my 30 minutes far away home (by walk of course), so many things to do and talk about...

I just bought and Xbox360 game called Race Pro, with my steering wheel. It has all the Fia Gt cars, WTCC, Formula 3000, Caterham, Mini and much more. Best simulation game ever. The creators made the PC games GTR2 and GTR.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    recently playing some Need For Speed: Most Wanted. did another career alias thingy on there and wanted to start with the VW GTi. usually i'd start with the Colbalt SS. its fast once you throw some performance parts in it thats for sure.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

I've been trying to play Battlefield Heroes, but it never connects. Also been playing Vegas 2 with some friends, putting the 'special' into spec ops.

Quote Originally Posted by mancity4life View Post
    I just bought and Xbox360 game called Race Pro, with my steering wheel. It has all the Fia Gt cars, WTCC, Formula 3000, Caterham, Mini and much more. Best simulation game ever. The creators made the PC games GTR2 and GTR.
    I have this game and feel that the simulation is appalling. I have to play the game on the hardest difficulty to make it any sort of challenge. Even then I can bounce the revs of the limiter an the start grid and fire my car past everyone, where is the wheel spin?
    I was very disappointed with it.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I've been trying to play Battlefield Heroes, but it never connects. Also been playing Vegas 2 with some friends, putting the 'special' into spec ops.
    Trust me - Vegas 2 doesn't get funnier than eight C4 blocks and a incendiary grenade. Flaming corpses go flying over the map. We ended up playing body soccer (taking shots trying to get the body's through the windows etc.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Suka View Post
    I have this game and feel that the simulation is appalling. I have to play the game on the hardest difficulty to make it any sort of challenge. Even then I can bounce the revs of the limiter an the start grid and fire my car past everyone, where is the wheel spin?
    I thought it was a good title, (simbin I mean).

Midnight Club LA,

Having a blast. Love the modification and free roam is always enjoyable

Click to enlarge

getsakeimage.ashx.jpeg

getsakeimage2.ashx.jpeg

getsakeimage3.ashx.jpeg

getsakeimage4.ashx.jpeg
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Trust me - Vegas 2 doesn't get funnier than eight C4 blocks and a incendiary grenade. Flaming corpses go flying over the map. We ended up playing body soccer (taking shots trying to get the body's through the windows etc.
    When I was in Seattle two years ago we were playing the original vegas.. Drunk Ops! That was hilarious...

We do use C4 and the incends.. so much greatness is ensued.

Quote Originally Posted by Suka View Post
    Play it on PC, GTR Evolution, same game...doubt the result will be the same....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information