Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just realised I could have bought a (bad) real car instead of this...

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    That's a lot of money to be spent on just an arcade game. Maybe you should think about budgeting yourself more efficiently to stop yourself from using so much money.
    Well, I do budget. I am able to save a decent amount of money every week. Besides, many young people between the ages of 16-25 do not save any money. I have only been spending a significant amount of money on video games for the last four months (only the last four months). So I will eventually stop playing these driving video games/electronic games in a few months.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

That's good that you're not addicted and you have control over the matter.

how can he not be addicted he just spent $700 on a bloody game

I spent $700 over 4 and a half months. I didn't spend $700 in one week or one day. 4 and a half months is a long time.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    I spent $700 over 4 and a half months. I didn't spend $700 in one week or one day. 4 and a half months is a long time.
    Considering a month is about 30 days long...

30 x 4 + 15 = 135
    700 / 135 = ~$5.19 per day.

You are addicted.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Here's a suggestion:

1) Save money for gaming computer or Xbox 360.
    2) Buy games. For PC: GTR2, rFactor, RACE, DiRT. For the 360: Forza 2, DiRT
    3) Have way more fun with the afore mentioned games than some arcade game.

werd.

What's the secret to winning at Initial D? The game is so unrealistic? I've tried Scandinavian flicking, manual gearbox trick (no brakes, just downshift at 200km/h and turn the wheel ), left-foot braking, yet I always seem to lose...

anyway... Cappucinio = awesome Kei-car. It's also my pixelcarlife and (one of my) GT4 car.
    Last edited by kingofthering; 07-06-2007 at 03:47 PM.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Dropping coin on real cars > dropping coin on a video game car.

Edit: That's a huge waste of money and you're talking to someone who just spent $450 on a set of wheels that don't fit his car.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I want all of those questioning why john14 dropped $700 in video games in a 4.5 month period, to calculate how much they dropped in booze in the same period.

I have dropped about $400 just going out (not including dinners, just booze), and I'm not going out half as much as I did a couple years ago. If I counted my B-day party it would easily get around the $700 mark john14 spent.

And if you don't drink or go out, surely you'll be spending it in other frivolous ways!

No you can continue questioning.... or not!

Now do the same excersise for your drinking lifetime, and see what car would you be able to afford now with that money!
    Last edited by magracer; 07-06-2007 at 03:57 PM.
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by magracer View Post
    I want all of those questioning why john14 dropped $700 in video games in a 4.5 month period, to calculate how much they dropped in booze in the same period.

I have dropped about $400 just going out (not including dinners, just booze), and I'm not going out half as much as I did a couple years ago. If I counted my B-day party it would easily get around the $700 mark john14 spent.

And if you don't drink or go out, surely you'll be spending it in other frivolous ways!

No you can continue questioning, or not!
    Booze > Manga video games. At least boozing includes having fun with friends and relatives almost all the time. An arcade video game includes having fun with a TV screen.

Just to let you know john, I spent $300 CAD for my Toyota Camry. It's a real car and it's not in bad shape at all. Except the battery. So let's say $400 CAD for the car.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

meh, i've spent more on rifles than cars lol.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Screw Initial D. I'd rather drop my $ into Maximum Tune 2. At least I actually won on that.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by magracer View Post
    However, based on what you said, I'd wager that you drink significantly more than the average person.

Most of the time this calculation is done with smokers... its insane how much money people are willing to spend on that bull$#!+.

Well, ill take this time to announce the special edition cards that can only be bought through me. They will have very rare hand drawn artwork, just pm me to place your orders.
    You can call me scott.

Thread Information