Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: she's..uh..small and white, and a deathtrap

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    So what if they wouldn't insure the Minis? Whats the chance they will ever go?
    hahaha ass i'm selling them anyway... besides, given their cost, anything more than third party insurance makes no sense
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I still think that is over kill - what damage can you do in one? 100km/h into the side of a Volvo and you might chip the paint...
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

i'm sure IB4R is relieved due to that information.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    they then refused point blank to insure my triumph which i then got comprehensively insured at suncorp for $280AUD per year, wierd - i listed the mods for them and everything - but then they wouldn't touch the mini's!!!
    gah insurance is so confusing
    Triumph? What'd ya buy, a Stag or something?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Triumph? What'd ya buy, a Stag or something?
    nah, i've had a spitfire for about a week now, but it's at a neghbour's workshop getting an lsd put in and the gears changed (2.7L straight six made the standard gears a bit short). so it's basically bye bye to the honda and the mazda next week, i start afresh lol

Nice, I like the spitfires, the GT6 would be my favourite though, we see a couple at mallala, they are well set up and look fantastic
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

You trying to out do nota's car count by the end of the year?
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Great car you got there, i love it, congratz
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Nice, I like the spitfires, the GT6 would be my favourite though, we see a couple at mallala, they are well set up and look fantastic
    yeah, the engine in it is from a GT6 i believe, with some mazda bits (!). brakes and suspension bits were from a lancia, so that could be trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    You trying to out do nota's car count by the end of the year?
    no no...i'm getting rid of the older cars
    Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Great car you got there, i love it, congratz
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    yeah, the engine in it is from a GT6 i believe, with some mazda bits (!). brakes and suspension bits were from a lancia, so that could be trouble.

no no...i'm getting rid of the older cars

cheers
    are you running Mazda 4 piston calipers on it, they are a fantastic upgrade, probably the best bang for your buck, I want to do that eventually on the corolla, at the moment Im running VN calipers and audi discs. being single piston, caliper flex is going to be a problem as higher speeds and later braking start happening

are you running Mazda 4 piston calipers on it, they are a fantastic upgrade, probably the best bang for your buck, I want to do that eventually on the corolla, at the moment Im running VN calipers and audi discs. being single piston, caliper flex is going to be a problem as higher speeds and later braking start happening
    i'm not sure - the pistons are definately from a mazda, not sure about the rest, i get the full logbook with the car.

oh, i went to get a helmet today, and apparently a hans device is compulsory soon?

I think the hans device is coming in for 2010 for local state based comps, national 2008 I think. When your talking over 2 grand for a helmet hans package minimum, it gets expensive.

Still if it saves breaking your neck, its cheap

Here's a new engine for ye.

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/viewlisting.php?view=5729
    Comes with clutch and ready to install.

Sweet engine, Zytek clutch, if you want me to pick that up for you... then you know what do do.

I think the hans device is coming in for 2010 for local state based comps, national 2008 I think. When your talking over 2 grand for a helmet hans package minimum, it gets expensive.

Still if it saves breaking your neck, its cheap
    got the helmet and hans device today, but it wasn't cheap but they'll last forever hopefully...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Here's a new engine for ye.

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/viewlisting.php?view=5729
    Comes with clutch and ready to install.
    maybe for the GT3, my car is already sorted for the current setup
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    Sweet engine, Zytek clutch, if you want me to pick that up for you... then you know what do do.

Thread Information