Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

I'll believe its release date once I have a copy in my hands.

Never trust Sony and their release dates.

Ever.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    I'll believe its release date once I have a copy in my hands.

Never trust Sony and their release dates.

Ever.
    Sony won't have my money. Never Ever again.
    methinks.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Sony won't have my money. Never Ever again.
    methinks.
    I'm curious, why?

You hate the GT franchise that much?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

I'm curious, why?

You hate the GT franchise that much?
    GTx disappointed me over the time, all of them. They are nice and realistic until you try something else. I already wrote millions times all the reasons why I don't like it. Basically, it's not a "real driving simulator" just a game. Not saying other games are, but surely they are better than this.
    Just a few laps on the Mugello track with an F430 enlightened me about FM2, while regularly playing Enthusia and SCAR just ruined GT4 at the point I can't even bother to give it a try.
    I tried, but after just a couple of laps on whatever track and whatever car, it was like forcing to believe it was working.
    With all the hype and fuzz, it should be better than much smaller games.

Also, given I don't care about blu rays (just noticed the new gf's notebook can read them), I'm not going to pay 400 € for the PS3 (80 Gb) when the 360 is now down to 200 € with the 120 Gb hd, perhaps even with a couple of games included (Burnout Paradise or whatever it is and another one I don't remember).

Maybe with the PS4 I could come back to Sony, but probably my next console will be the 360 or whatever may come after it when I'll be tired of playing with the PS2 (I don't play that much anymore, so it's not going to happen any time soon).

Yeah, I remember your points against the GT series.

There's not one racing game I like without saying "yeah, it's great, but..." - all of them have issues IMO. I think the cars look unrealistic in FM2, for example, while I could easily spend 2 minutes looking at all the details of a car in GT5 Prologue's manufacturer showrooms. They even did the blue-purple-yellow 'rainbows' on titanium exhaust pipes for Christ' sake!

Yet FM2 seems more enjoyable to play. GT5 P on the other hand I can play with a clutch pedal and my H-shifter, thanks to the famous and fabled G25 wheel. They all have ups and downs.

As for the PS3 yes it is expensive, no it doesn't have much interesting exclusive games - yet, but it's still an epic bargain. An 80GB PS3 retails for $399 here, which is the same price as an Xbox 360 Elite with a game, Grand Theft Auto IV these days, but its Blu-ray player justifies its price tag. Most people don't realize Blu-ray players aren't like DVD players, they don't load movies straight away, your Blu-ray player has to load the disc, the PS3 can do it in a minute or two while I've seen some expensive Samsung Blu-ray players taking up to 15 minutes to load a movie, much to the embarassement of the poor salesman trying to talk about its merits.

Try to load a movie onto your gf computer's Blu-ray drive. Tell me how long it takes. It depends entirely on the speed of your computer. The PS3 is an incredible powerhouse, remember. It's fast.

EDIT: I took the liberty to change the thread title, as it's no longer relevant to the car list but rather to the game itself.
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 06-21-2009 at 12:05 PM.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

There's not one racing game I like without saying "yeah, it's great, but..." - all of them have issues IMO. I think the cars look unrealistic in FM2, for example, while I could easily spend 2 minutes looking at all the details of a car in GT5 Prologue's manufacturer showrooms. They even did the blue-purple-yellow 'rainbows' on titanium exhaust pipes for Christ' sake!

Yet FM2 seems more enjoyable to play. GT5 P on the other hand I can play with a clutch pedal and my H-shifter, thanks to the famous and fabled G25 wheel. They all have ups and downs.

As for the PS3 yes it is expensive, no it doesn't have much interesting exclusive games - yet, but it's still an epic bargain. An 80GB PS3 retails for $399 here, which is the same price as an Xbox 360 Elite with a game, Grand Theft Auto IV these days, but its Blu-ray player justifies its price tag. Most people don't realize Blu-ray players aren't like DVD players, they don't load movies straight away, your Blu-ray player has to load the disc, the PS3 can do it in a minute or two while I've seen some expensive Samsung Blu-ray players taking up to 15 minutes to load a movie, much to the embarassement of the poor salesman trying to talk about its merits.

Try to load a movie onto your gf computer's Blu-ray drive. Tell me how long it takes. It depends entirely on the speed of your computer. The PS3 is an incredible powerhouse, remember. It's fast.

EDIT: I took the liberty to change the thread title, as it's no longer relevant to the car list but rather to the game itself.
    Will try a blu ray as soon as I'll get my hands on a copy, but thanks for the info, didn't know.

Here the 360 Elite comes for 280 €, so still 120 € off the PS3 price.
    While I don't care that much about the graphics compartment as much as in the simulation, comparing FM2 to GT5 is a bit biased, FM3 should be the one me thinks.

I just can't justify myself spending 400 € for a console or even a blu ray player, as I don't have an HD 42" tv screen, a 1.000 € home theater and so on, I just enjoy playing games, about cars an other stuff.

So a 360 offers me the best trade-off, it's cheaper and has the games I like, a good car simulators, Ace Combat, among others.

Will try a blu ray as soon as I'll get my hands on a copy, but thanks for the info, didn't know.

While I don't care that much about the graphics compartment as much as in the simulation, comparing FM2 to GT5 is a bit biased, FM3 should be the one me thinks.

I just can't justify myself spending 400 € for a console or even a blu ray player, as I don't have an HD 42" tv screen, a 1.000 € home theater and so on, I just enjoy playing games, about cars an other stuff.

So a 360 offers me the best trade-off, it's cheaper and has the games I like, a good car simulators, Ace Combat, among others.
    I agree with you, and I respect your opinion. It's true it's not worth it to blow a ton of money on über HD gaming if you aren't actually gonna play in HD.

The comparison between FM2 and GT5 Prologue is alright IMO, FM3 should be compared with GT5, the proper one, not Prologue.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

I agree with you, and I respect your opinion. It's true it's not worth it to blow a ton of money on über HD gaming if you aren't actually gonna play in HD.

The comparison between FM2 and GT5 Prologue is alright IMO, FM3 should be compared with GT5, the proper one, not Prologue.
    but GT5 P is more similar to GT5 than to GT4 right?
    Wait...FM1 was the competitor for GT4 right?
    So FM2 should be a step above GT4, but I still think GT5P is using a lot of stuff (money and development) which will in the end go into GT5, hence my post.

I will get my hands on a 360 in the near future, the PS3 is to expensive and i'm not all that exited about GT5, after GT4 all my hopes went out the window, i'm looking forward on playing Forza, no doubt it will be a great surprise for me.

Over here a PS3 80gb costs 400€, console, 1 pad and nothing more.
    An Xbox Elite 120gb (resident evil edition) costs 300€, console, 1 remote, two games, resident evil 5 and the new street fighter.

GT5 really needs to evolve to more than a car showroom. I wish it could come closer to forza, specially in the engine swap department.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Sorry for hacking the thread in a way. I guess the discussion really should be in the GT5 thread I made earlier, but I guess whatevers.

Fanboy. But I do get your point, considering that I own one too.

I see where you're coming from too. I hate the fact that the PS3 dropped PS2 compatibility. It's a minor aspect, sure, but I have a couple games I haven't finished yet. Not that I can't boot up the PS2, but still, for $400, it should have it. Then again, Sony does build the PS3s at a loss.

I picked it up for cheaper than usual, but I still wouldn't have bought it at full price.
    but GT5 P is more similar to GT5 than to GT4 right?
    Wait...FM1 was the competitor for GT4 right?
    So FM2 should be a step above GT4, but I still think GT5P is using a lot of stuff (money and development) which will in the end go into GT5, hence my post.
    Yes, it's supposed to be a big demo of what GT5 should be. It's pretty much an extended demo of GT5 to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Fanboy. But I do get your point, considering that I own one too.
    Excuse me, are you saying I am a fanboy?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Excuse me, are you saying I am a fanboy?
    Sorry, the sarcasm was lost there.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Sorry, the sarcasm was lost there.
    Indeed it was. I am not.

FYI I bought a 360 and a GTX 280 for PC gaming far before I even thought about buying a PS3 (sorry, I feel like a need to defend myself)

I don't like fanbois.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thumbs down Car List Not Official

Are there so many idiots on this topic that believe this list is true?
    Have you not noticed, that this is taken from a website, with the whole library of it's cars copied.
    Of course Polyphony Digital won't spend time on making these.
    I searched for cars I owned and own now, and they're all there.
    Gran Turismo 5 will launch with about 1000 cars, since it has already been made official that all the PSP Gran Turismo cars will be in GT5, which reaches the 750 cars.

How about the source of this article?

How about calming down and checking that the original poster has made this thread more than 2 years ago?
    Or are there too many gentlemen out there believing they are the only one to know the truth?

Thread Information