Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

I'm sure the overall experience becomes much more rewarding once you've leveled up sufficiently enough to unlock everything. I just can't understand why PD would dumb down the AI and damage model at the start. I've always been under the impression (from fans of the series) that this was the real console racing simulator. Forza gets all kinds of flak for having available assists to make the game more accessible to novice drivers, but GT5 FORCES the training wheels on you until you're past level 30???? WTF?

Why do I need to race for 20 hours to unlock worthy AI opponents? Why will my Ferrari be able to sustain massive impacts with little damage consequence until I've reached some arbitrary goal....at which point it will crumple into a fiberglass pile after one moderate collision? This all just seems counter to the franchise's whole image of being a super realistic racing game.

If someone knows of a way that I can just start out at level 30, I'd much appreciate it. I don't need PD to dictate to me what I am and am not ready to handle on the track.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

blood, as i mentioned earlier, its a reward system. the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. yes its frustrating, but you do get a sense of achievement.

Guys in the RX8 club have taken to posting their best pics.
    Might be a fun thread here for you guys too
    DID like this one ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by ozzycarnut View Post
    blood, as i mentioned earlier, its a reward system. the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. yes its frustrating, but you do get a sense of achievement.
    i just want to race the goddamned cars on the box art! this is like DLC haha
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    DID like this one ....
    That left headlamp...

Thats a nice pic, can people confirm or deny roumers I've heard that there are no aftermarket wheels or colours you can spray your car?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Any ideas when you get to the old 60's Muscle Cars?? What level?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Thats a nice pic, can people confirm or deny roumers I've heard that there are no aftermarket wheels or colours you can spray your car?
    The number of wheels is a lot smaller, but you can get them as well as paint them.

You can paint your car just about any color you can think of after you have a car already that color. haha. Colors are unlocked by owning a car of that color.

What? Is there a custom colour wheel?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    No wheel mod though for Standard car...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I love it.

I'm a nub, so I can REALLY appreciate the liscense system. Its frustrating but after you get the Class A, it gets fun. I've only logged about 5 Hours, but I'm about to get on now.

I tried the AMG Experience and THAT is ****ing fun. Holy crap. You have to be perfect on that or you really **** up. But damn it holds you on the edge of your seat!
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Just curious, for the standard cars, I heard you can't take photos of them in photo mode, but you can for the 200 or so premium cars.

Can you take photos of either your standard or premium cars in replay mode after saving a copy of the replay, just like GT4?

what does the X1 take to become useable in the game , can you test drive one ?

has anyone here gotten a blast with it yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazy101 View Post
    hi hazy, in relation to a-spec, i have a 69 camaro and a cobra that work nicely with a bit of money spent on them. you can use these in b-spec provided your driver has the appropriate point level for the race you want to enter. currently, i have my main b-spec homie doing the pro super car race high speed ring in the bugatti to crank a bit of cash for me. he smokes them pretty easily. 6 laps for $16K is ok. just keep hitting the increase pace every so often and he's sweet as. slowly working him up to do the extreme races etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazy101 View Post
    You can get the 69 Camaro Z28 for 65K at level 6
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Thread Information