Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tragedy

I am listening to the news right now..
    7 is confirmed killed, and still 20 is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Ah ! The kid comes out to play again ! Is kindergarten having lunchbreak ??

And now a serious reply. Not yet. But there happen plenty of other things. Don't start whining about details, because that's not the point of the discussion.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ye-people.html
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

I agree with what you are saying drakkie, but also this is harder to but blame on someone especially if there was noone at fault, as 9/11 and bombings in Iraq can be blamed on people who can actuallly make simple decisions. If it was an engineering issue, there are many people to blame, the engineers them selves, the labourers, the government, all who, if there was a fault, should have picked up on it.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

This reminds me of a story that Ricky Gervais told. It went something like this:

Him and his friend were in a shop and Ricky's friend bought a newspaper and on the front it said something about an old lady getting attacked. The shop keeper said 'Isn't it sad? Scarred for life'. Instead of ending it there, Ricky's friend said 'Well it's not really for life, because she's an old woman'.

Moral of the story? ... Just because you think something, that doesn't mean you have to say it.

I'm deeply sorry for all those affected. it is a big deal, no matter which way you look at it.

This is a tragedy. don't turn it into a mud-slinging match, people.

you're ALL on notice.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

You must be happy with the message that 24 hours from now I am in Germany, without internet for three weeks.

You must be happy with the message that 24 hours from now I am in Germany, without internet for three weeks.
    where exactly?

I'm only going to say this once - so I suggest you all pay attention.

If you have something relevant to add to this story - news on why it happened, how many have been injured/killed, latest developments - please share.

I will not have this thread turn into another bickering war. It's not about the US - it's about these people.

Make the distinction, THEN post.

otherwise be quiet.

FINAL warning.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster View Post
    where exactly?
    Linstow. About 50 km's from Berlin !

Linstow. About 50 km's from Berlin !
    alright, far away.
    but i've heard they got internet there... so i guess it won't lead to a 3week UCP-abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster View Post
    alright, far away.
    but i've heard they got internet there... so i guess it won't lead to a 3week UCP-abstinence.
    Coooooolness !!! Let's hope I can use the net on my laptop there ! You can't imagine the craving to play Counter-Strike after three weeks

Edit:
    I had a look on the map. We might just pass your town on the Autobahn. Can you PM me your mobile number, so I can call you if we are near ?
    Last edited by drakkie; 08-02-2007 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    I honestly feel sorry for the americans who died,but should we forget about people who died a more cruel death the world over

Nobody said forget anything.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    No need to get personal. I agree with drakkie. Every day thousands of people die in accidents all over the world. Each of those deaths is a tragedy for someone. But the fact that a few died in the same place at the same time doesn't make it more of a tragedy than any other death.
    Last week a polish bus crashed in French Alps, with 30 people dead. If 9 deths are considered "huge" than 30 should be even more so. Yet I haven't seen anyone here talking about that crash as a huge tragedy.
    And if 9 casualties is huge than what is for example 300 (plane crashes, Iraq suicide bombings, south-east asian ferries sinking)? An apocalypse? Let's not exaggerate.
    Who said that those weren't tragedies? Any amount of human death is a tragedy. I heard about the plane crash in Brazil and the Asian ferry sinking. I cringe every time I hear suicide bombers killing people in Iraq. Not just the US soldier deaths, but Iraqi civilians and new security force deaths as well. Just because people didn't post it up it doesn't mean that we didn't care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    Boo Hoo Hoo

When 9 persons die in america it called a tragedy...

But when the American Army rape, kill and mutilate unarmed,non-hostile iraqi civilians it is called collateral damage or whatever spin they put to it.

I honestly feel sorry for the americans who died,but should we forget about people who died a more cruel death the world over
    Like I said before, any amount of human death is tragedy. Also, I know about the American Army rape stories and such. Do you think just the American Army pillage though?

Don't forget about the crazy people who strap a bomb to themselves to kill innocent people too. I personally don't support the war, but I certainly support the brave men who are fighting for it.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 08-02-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post

Like I said before, any amount of human death is tragedy. Also, I know about the American Army rape stories and such. Do you think just the American Army pillage though?

Don't forget about the crazy people who strap a bomb to themselves to kill innocent people too. I personally don't support the war, but I certainly support the brave men who are fighting for it.
    To be totally honest, I have never heard any such story about another countries nation, in the current Iraq and Afghan war.

I will definately not support any soldier from any country. There is always a smarter solution than fighting.

And with this last message I am off to Germany on vacation (with a little bit of work) !

I support the soldiers because they are soldiers from our country, not because it's a cause I think is worth fighting for. I don't believe that we should still be in Iraq, but let's leave that out of this thread though, getting off topic.

Thread Information