Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bored; chopped my neon again..

Quote Originally Posted by suzq044 View Post
    the wheels ARE small - 16" and i intend on keeping it that way when i 'bag it. I am proving a point; 20s on a sport compact is just not right, basically. And i put a 16" DUB badge to prove it.. lol.

The car will have more than this to show; 180-degree hinges [suicide rear], custom security; you only see the led in the b-pillar. Custom bumper, exhaust, etc. He will be a show car with a twin turbo v6 and RWD conversion [yes the v6 will fit]

I am looking at getting 16x10" wheels for the back for drag-days, since the suspension will be custom for the RWD conversion anyways; along with now working @ a wheel distribution company as a driver ( Wheel Pros )

Yes lots of work, lots of money.. but its my car, deal with it. And PLEASE dont ask "why spend that much... on a neon". The answer, is because i can.

ONE MORE THING -- does EVERY post that anyone does, have to turn into some STUPID 'i'm on the internet' argument, now-a-days?! sheesh. No wonder nobody posts here anymore.
    If i was going to that much trouble on a car, i'd probably get some new wheel arches fabricated that match the centres of the wheels. Not a fan at all of small wheels lowered in massive arches.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Not a fan at all of small wheels lowered in massive arches.
    i don't think anyone is(apart from suzq044), or at least i hope not
    Last edited by orshow; 09-12-2007 at 05:08 AM.
    May the downforce be with you

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I'm sorry, but I can't allow you to continue using 'dub' to refer to your 16'' wheels.

'Dub' is slang for twenty, not for wheels. Dub 16 makes no sense whatsoever.
    Last edited by digitalcraft; 09-12-2007 at 10:48 AM.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

It does stand for fukctard, and i only said those as examples because i have been called all of those on this forum, and have used them, but i know im ****ed up...

the wheels ARE small - 16" and i intend on keeping it that way when i 'bag it. I am proving a point; 20s on a sport compact is just not right, basically. And i put a 16" DUB badge to prove it.. lol.

The car will have more than this to show; 180-degree hinges [suicide rear], custom security; you only see the led in the b-pillar. Custom bumper, exhaust, etc. He will be a show car with a twin turbo v6 and RWD conversion [yes the v6 will fit]

I am looking at getting 16x10" wheels for the back for drag-days, since the suspension will be custom for the RWD conversion anyways; along with now working @ a wheel distribution company as a driver ( Wheel Pros )

Yes lots of work, lots of money.. but its my car, deal with it. And PLEASE dont ask "why spend that much... on a neon". The answer, is because i can.

ONE MORE THING -- does EVERY post that anyone does, have to turn into some STUPID 'i'm on the internet' argument, now-a-days?! sheesh. No wonder nobody posts here anymore.
    Sounds like a sick project. But why not a V8?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

neons are boring cars, the chop is nicely done but it still is a boring car i think

Boring? Pfft, I hardly think the ability to take one up to 400HP from a turbocharged I4 in a front wheeler is boring. Sure, they've gotten a bad rap over the years, but I think they're wicked cars with great potential.

They've got way better reliability than their American equivalents, and kick their Japanese equivalents in the ass for price to performance ratios.

edit: up to 400HP with factory (MOPAR) parts.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Are they not American?

There is no Japanese eqivalent to the Neon.. The first gens' used some japanese parts from the eclipse, but they're not the same engine, drivetrain or anything.

As to why not a v8 -- Its been done - and I dont want to have a mail-box of a hood scoop/bulge or whatever. Its just too tall of an engine.. simple as that. Also I like forced induction; For a while i was debating on the Crossfire SRT-6 motor [derived from Mercedes CLK].. but decided a turbo would be cool too; Think GMC Typhoon [blaz0r style]. I want the horsepower; without the huge hood of the car screaming "pull me over, i have an extremely modded car" in California. That just invites problems and lots of fines here. Plus; I am kind of doing this to silence the ****in Camaros, and all the other LS1 vehicles, or ricers.. that roll by and rev at me because i have aftermarket tail-lights. At the moment my car is BONE STOCK. I use it daily, so I can't afford to start the project quite yet..
    Last edited by suzq044; 09-12-2007 at 07:01 PM.
    Need something photoshopped?
    Ask me. 10 years of experience with the program. Yes, I charge, depending on the project.
    PM me for details, cause every project is different.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    I'm sorry, but I can't allow you to continue using 'dub' to refer to your 16'' wheels.

'Dub' is slang for twenty, not for wheels. Dub 16 makes no sense whatsoever.
    Dub is a brand, not just a 20+" wheel; or would you have rather me used "TIS" [Twenty Inches Strong] as that is a brand as well. They sell badges for 17 & 18" wheels, so why not make a 16 out of it. Its just to prove a point; you can be show-cool and not be riding on 30's. I would like my car to have some rubber, thanks.

OH - one last thing Here is the front-end i want the car to have; my design; Not your every day neon is it? Custom molded hood & bumper do a lot to change it from a stock look. There will be a blacked-out intercooler sitting behind that big open mouth too
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by suzq044; 09-12-2007 at 07:08 PM.
    Ask me. 10 years of experience with the program. Yes, I charge, depending on the project.

There is no Japanese eqivalent to the Neon.. The first gens' used some japanese parts from the eclipse, but they're not the same engine, drivetrain or anything.
    I think he meant equivalent as in rival. Which there is, like the Corolla for instance.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

yeah, but back in its day, the neon was top of its class. Even the "all-mighty" civic couldn't keep up to it, due to lack of torque (which it still has today) and a higher price-range.
    [LINK to info] <-- SCCA stuff
    [LINK to info] <-- General 1gen neon stuff.

Thread Information