Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk about Freedom of Speech!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    get the picture - to muslims that picture in such a popular newspaper is like being kicked in your crotch. it's like i'd kick you and say - "hey, everybody can kick where they want, right? i don't understand your irritation"...
    True, but it is also a bit of an overreaction. If it would display the head of Jesus instead of Muhammed it would be another case. They dont like it, but they wont have reacted this fierce, I guess.

Offcourse these kind of things are always used in the propaganda war from certain leaders in the muslim world... I have seen the cartoons and they are not funny at all, not even nice. I can imagine their disgruntlement, but it should have stayed at that. This just creates a bigger gap between the western and eastern "worlds"...

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    It starts with United States and ends with America..

In the Russian Afghan war they gave money and everything to let the mujahideen or whatever it is written, get organized and rebel against the Russian. When the US then dropped them like a brick after the war, they got pissed off as one can imagine. Without these mistakes thousands of lives could have been saved in the last few years.
    Holy Shit! Your hindsight is like 20 20. Amazing.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    I'm sorry, but what is the meaning of hindsight ? What do you mean with this message ? I dont understand...

Or maybe i should drink less...

I'm sorry, but what is the meaning of hindsight ? What do you mean with this message ? I dont understand...

Or maybe i should drink less...
    Ability to look back on your life. Or history in general.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Ability to look back on your life. Or history in general.
    Thank you. The phrase is true... One does learn something every day

Freedom of speech is like an honest politician, It's Just a myth!.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I think that the point is that one should not willy nilly go about funding armed groups across the globe as the United States has done in its past.

Religion is humanity's unsatiable wife, she feels good in the short term, but we will never be satisfied because of freedoms she has robbed us
    Last edited by kigango123; 10-16-2007 at 11:28 AM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

If something like this happened in the US you would have Christians reacting the same way, and i can defend that argument with the simple story of the soldier that blew the whistle on Abu Ghraib, Rumsfeld knowingly gave him up, which he wasnt supposed to do, and he subsequently had to leave his life long home and a bunch of other shit because he was getting death threats from the people in his town...

It starts with United States and ends with America..

In the Russian Afghan war they gave money and everything to let the mujahideen or whatever it is written, get organized and rebel against the Russian. When the US then dropped them like a brick after the war, they got pissed off as one can imagine. Without these mistakes thousands of lives could have been saved in the last few years.
    But.. to play the devil's advocate, the Soviet Union might have won and we would still go nuts about the Russians.

Anyway... it's good to see some maturity in this thread.

With that said and done, it's easy to see why they hate this so much. It's like having cartoons of Jesus having sex with another man. It's offensive towards them and certain Islamic peoples feel that violence is justified , based on their subjective interpretations of their holy book.

But does this justify murder? No, it does not, since it only increases the fear and hatred towards Muslims as more and more people associate them with violence and murder.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

And with hindsight, we have hindsight bias...so... no shit Sherlock. If you somehow predicted this 20 years ago... that would be different.

kinda irrelevent, but I've always wanted to use this in a sentence.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information