Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler 300 (LX) 2003-

Welcome everyone to the new Lancia Thema.

As a Chrysler it doesn't look bad.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Absolutely hate this car.
    I don't hate it, I hate the people who drive it, treating it like a mini Bentley.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Welcome everyone to the new Lancia Thema.

As a Chrysler it doesn't look bad.
    It's a Lancia?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    It's a Lancia?
    It's a Chrysler. Lancia and Chrysler are unfying their lineups.

It's ironic that Lancia will get a mass production rear wheel drive car before Alfa Romeo...
    Visca Catalunya!

It's a Chrysler. Lancia and Chrysler are unfying their lineups.

It's ironic that Lancia will get a mass production rear wheel drive car before Alfa Romeo...
    Right, which was somewhat based on an old Mercedes E class platform.

Yes, so... will certain Lancia Thema buyers go for the Bentley lookalike kits too?
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Right, which was somewhat based on an old Mercedes E class platform.
    I've often wondered what the car would have been like had Mercedes not forced Chrysler to redesign the car around the old E class parts. As I recall they were told to use the E class based suspension and final drive and perhaps steering hardware. The Chryslers did have the Mercedes turn signal and cruise stalks (which I found to be rather lousy in design but well made). Had Mercedes not forced the change on Chrysler the 300 would have been out at least a year earlier. The cars sold well when new because it was exactly the car the US market had asked for, a modern version of the traditional American RWD V8 sedan. The sales only fell off when the cost of gas shot up. Had the car come out a year or two earlier it would have been another one or two years of profitable sales for that model. In Mercedes defense they weren't the only manufacture to miss the spike in gas prices. Toyota had just complete a new truck plant in time for gas prices to spike up.

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    I've often wondered what the car would have been like had Mercedes not forced Chrysler to redesign the car around the old E class parts. As I recall they were told to use the E class based suspension and final drive and perhaps steering hardware. The Chryslers did have the Mercedes turn signal and cruise stalks (which I found to be rather lousy in design but well made). Had Mercedes not forced the change on Chrysler the 300 would have been out at least a year earlier. The cars sold well when new because it was exactly the car the US market had asked for, a modern version of the traditional American RWD V8 sedan. The sales only fell off when the cost of gas shot up. Had the car come out a year or two earlier it would have been another one or two years of profitable sales for that model. In Mercedes defense they weren't the only manufacture to miss the spike in gas prices. Toyota had just complete a new truck plant in time for gas prices to spike up.
    That's a great point- it was the correct product at the right time, the tail end of cheap gas.

The Lincoln LS was probably dead by that point (maybe by 1 or 2 years), only old people buy the Mercury Grand Marquis, only police officers buy the Ford Crown Victoria... and that's about it for large RWD American sedans.

So it's no wonder people liked it.

It's just that with pretty much any Chrysler product, they keep making it until people get bored of it, which is a shame because I think with relatively frequent refreshes and updates and improvements, it might have continued to sell well. Case in point- PT Cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Absolutely hate this car.
    And I really like this car.
    The old and the new version. Considering buying one when the time comes to leave my trusty Volvo 850R

The Lincoln LS was cancelled in 2006 and the Chrysler 300 was introduced in 2005.

From 2002 there was also the Cadillac CTS.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Lincoln LS was cancelled in 2006 and the Chrysler 300 was introduced in 2005.

Ah, I forgot about that one. The CTS was a nice stab at the market I guess, but I don't remember hearing anything amazing about the first generation CTS. I do hear wonderful things about the second generation though.

ugh, the 300c. is there a more stupid / irritating car than a 300c? possibly an escalade, but thats about it. its unfortunate that the 300c's come with a complimentary 'stroker' kit for their respective owners, with each kit entitling them to think they are 50cent or something. i even saw a few months ago a couple of 70 year olds, complete with skin cancer council wrap around windscreen esque sunnies on, cruising around my local area thinking they were 'phat / pimp'. its sad.

Both of those were a big step up in price while not being a step up in power or size. As for why the 300 was left unchanged for so long? We Mercedes did pretty much screw Chrysler so no surprise they didn't offer money for product updates.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzycarnut View Post
    ugh, the 300c. is there a more stupid / irritating car than a 300c? possibly an escalade, but thats about it. its unfortunate that the 300c's come with a complimentary 'stroker' kit for their respective owners, with each kit entitling them to think they are 50cent or something. i even saw a few months ago a couple of 70 year olds, complete with skin cancer council wrap around windscreen esque sunnies on, cruising around my local area thinking they were 'phat / pimp'. its sad.
    I don't see any reason why they are worse than a BMW 5 series or Mercedes. They are a great concept and basically the same idea as the Holden Monaro, larger car with V6 or V8 and RWD. The fact that people pimped them isn't cool but they do the same thing with Bentleys when they have too much cash.

Ironically, there are about 300C's around here. All of them are diesel wagons.

Repeating the opinion my brother stated when i showed him the new one:
    "Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooring."
    I have to agree on that.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    Both of those were a big step up in price while not being a step up in power or size. As for why the 300 was left unchanged for so long? We Mercedes did pretty much screw Chrysler so no surprise they didn't offer money for product updates.
    True, they were (are) more expensive. But since NSx mentioned them, I though let's put some dates and more rear wheel drive American cars on the table.

Then there also was the G8, but that failed miserably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    Ironically, there are about 300C's around here. All of them are diesel wagons.

Repeating the opinion my brother stated when i showed him the new one:
    "Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooring."
    I have to agree on that.
    I like the 300C, just not in diesel guise.

The problem is, it doesn't really fit in Europe...
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information