31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lexus IS220d

27 87.10%
  • Peugeot 407 Coupé 2.0 HDi

4 12.90%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lexus IS220d vs Peugeot 407 Coupé 2.0 HDi

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    and the M package-thingy so it at least looks like an M5.
    No...

I don't see how a 520d is more "poverty-pack" then a base 3 series...

What badges does the badge delete option get rid of?
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Gets rid of the 520d badge.

And your right, waugh, it's really no different to a pov-pack 3 series. thus my point. it's designed for German taxi drivers, and then they have the nerve to sell it at extortion-like prices.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    No...

I don't see how a 520d is more "poverty-pack" then a base 3 series...
    Why? At least it's got the torque to challenge Z4 roadsters if needed.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Why? At least it's got the torque to challenge Z4 roadsters if needed.
    Because putting an M5 badge on is complete rice.

and at least the "Badge-delete" option is the only one that comes free of charge ....for all other options you have to dig deep...(and no, a car without badges does NOT come any cheaper...)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    and at least the "Badge-delete" option is the only one that comes free of charge ....for all other options you have to dig deep...(and no, a car without badges does NOT come any cheaper...)
    Actually the cup holders are free as well. But you do need to select them as an option.

About the CO2 figures: I checked the brochure again and it says 136g/km (149 for the automatic gearbox). Average comsumption of 5,1l/100km !

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Actually the cup holders are free as well. But you do need to select them as an option.

About the CO2 figures: I checked the brochure again and it says 136g/km (149 for the automatic gearbox). Average comsumption of 5,1l/100km !
    AutoWeek.nl - alles over uw volgende auto (nieuwe auto's, occasions, tests, gebruikersreviews)

brochures tend to paint a rosy picture...

http://wli-de.eurotax.com/wli/dede/conf_fl/step02.php

but there are apparently two manual versions

http://wli-de.eurotax.com/wli/dede/conf_fl/step02.php
    Last edited by henk4; 10-25-2007 at 02:10 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

did some more digging and apparently the 163 BHP and the 177 BHP engines are both still available. The 177 BHP is amazing as it has the lowest fuel consumption. In Holland it is apparently not available in the 3 sedan but only in the Coupe...they also do not mention it as on option for any of the 5-series.

Yup, engine specs, base equipment and other stuff can differ from country to country. It all depends on your importer. The 177bhp is most definitely available in the sedan since I drove one last week on the same day that we drove the 520d. The 3-series is quick but it's so cramped and uncomfortable compared to the 520d. Not to mention the depressive dash (the dash design is probably what makes the car veel very cramped). The 5-series feels more cramped than her current E-class even though they're almost the same size-wise. The Coupé is a better ride but it's still pretty cramped inside.

PS: The last two links don't work. I think they're session-based.

PS2: In Belgium the base version is the 177bhp engine but we also have a detuned 163bhp version for tax reasons. It's exactly the same engine.

In the end the only CO2 numbers that matter are the ones that the leasing firm uses. And they use the 136g/km number.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Yup, engine specs, base equipment and other stuff can differ from country to country. It all depends on your importer. The 177bhp is most definitely available in the sedan since I drove one last week on the same day that we drove the 520d. The 3-series is quick but it's so cramped and uncomfortable compared to the 520d. Not to mention the depressive dash (the dash design is probably what makes the car veel very cramped). The 5-series feels more cramped than her current E-class even though they're almost the same size-wise. The Coupé is a better ride but it's still pretty cramped inside.

PS: The last two links don't work. I think they're session-based.

PS2: In Belgium the base version is the 177bhp engine but we also have a detuned 163bhp version for tax reasons. It's exactly the same engine.

In the end the only CO2 numbers that matter are the ones that the leasing firm uses. And they use the 136g/km number.
    the not working links are to the Autobild.ge website, which has both the 177 and the 163 BHP versions.

It's not an M5 badge. It's a full M package body/suspension upgrades.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Still... go back and get the Lexus... i would!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information