Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pagani Sets 'Ring Record

Caparo T1 is a toy. I hate toys (Radical, Ariel Atom, Lotus 11) that claims themselves as production cars and are road legal. Screw all these. I know they're fun but the problem with them is that they're just 'FUN' all out. Nothing else. screw them big time.

Proper production sports cars are the likes of Pagani, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche period.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

zonda f clubsport only totals 50 a year right?
    or is that just regular zonda f?

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
    zonda f clubsport only totals 50 a year right?
    or is that just regular zonda f?
    I think the car is already out of production. Pagani had a set numer of, I thinkk, around 75 cars he was going to build before designing a new car. The Zonda R is the only Zonda left now, and it's not out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    i agree with you, even if i don't know if i will consider the Caparo T1 a production car the day it will lap the ring, or if i could compare it to a zonda. it is a road-lagel car, of course, but a lot of magazine doubt the car could actually be driven on a road.
    at the moment, i am using the speed-bumber method.
    The Caparo is able to make it over speed bumps, and Top Gear have already driven the car on public roads on the Isle of Mann I think. The question is, when it makes its Ring attempt, will it be in road trim. The car’s suspension is very adjustable, so like a Radical, it will be able to be lowered and stiffened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Caparo T1 is a toy. I hate toys (Radical, Ariel Atom, Lotus 11) that claims themselves as production cars and are road legal. Screw all these. I know they're fun but the problem with them is that they're just 'FUN' all out. Nothing else. screw them big time.

Proper production sports cars are the likes of Pagani, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche period.
    Every review I’ve read of an Atom says that it’s a fun car regardless of speed. It isn’t very practical though, and neither are the other cars you mentioned, but I don’t think that’s enough to disqualify them as “toys.” The Pagani is a more practical proposition, but only in terms of comfort; it’s big, expensive, unwieldy, thirsty, and too fast to really be used anywhere. The smaller cars are much more unable on a track, and would still be pretty exciting on the street, even if you never got close to their limits. Honestly, I fail to see how any of the cars mentioned is a more fun car than say, an MX5, or an MR2. They’re just different ideas of a sportscar, and are in some ways hamstrung by the extreme nature of their concept.

Thread Information