Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pagani Sets 'Ring Record

That is quite sexy: The car, the track, the time, everything.
    I think "Koenigsegg" is Sweedish for "OH NO, MY HEADS JUST EXPLODED!"

If you can still see the cops,
    you're not going fast enough.

UH OHHHH. 'RING DRAMA:

Loaded BMW CSL did 7:22 on Nürburgring - E46Fanatics

Yesterday we succed with our timeattack. We did 7 minutes 22 seconds on the Nordschliefe at the Nürburgring in Germany. The Germanys very own BMW CSL "guru" Tom Schirmer (Shirmer Motorsports) change the whole set-up and many parts was changed in the chassie past weeks. And that helped us getting the this fantastic time.

To bad it was cold, only +4degrees, to cold for getting proper temp in the tires and we also have some cars in our way at the track. But we are very happy now. We know we have 10 more seconds to find if the tiretemp etc. But now we are 5 seconds faster that the PaganiZonda, 13 seconds faster than the Swedish Koenigsegg and 5 seconds faster that the Carrera GT. We are now the fastest roadlegal BMW in the world on the Nürburgring. We will be back at the Nürburgring in march to catch the EDO Porsche, time 7:15. We now know we can beat this car. And i want to send my many thanks for all support along the way.
    and from pistonheads:
    Remember, remember the 5th of November. Pagani might.

With the ink barely dry on the timesheets confirming that their Zonda F Clubsport holds the fastest production car lap time around the Nürburgring Nordschleife, a Swedish tuning firm lowered the bar again yesterday. And by quite a considerable margin too.

In a specially tuned M3 CSL, touring car driver Richard Göransson lapped the track in 7 minutes 22.9 seconds, shaving just shy of five seconds from the Italian supercar’s record set by 'Ringmeister Marc Basseng.

The CSL used has certainly received plenty of attention in preparation for the run. The interior was discarded, and replaced with a roll cage and race seat, while windows and various items of bodywork were exchanged for lighter equivalents.

The exterior also gained some go-faster fins on the wheelarches and a GTR-alike wing. More importantly, the car rides on a bespoke K&W, suspension set-up with big Performance Friction brakes.

Oh, and did we mention the small matter of the supercharger which boosts the CSL’s already healthy bhp figure to around 600bhp.

What’s more, the car is also up for grabs in a lowest unique bid auction with money raised going to charity, but not before another effort to beat the 7 minute 20 mark has been attempted.

Looking at the picture of this CSL it’s hardly the sort of thing that you could use for anything other than assaulting European track days. While we do like the idea of the continuing war on the Nordschleife, it does beg the question just what the definition of a production car actually is?
    i still dunno if this means they are "technically" faster than the zonda f clubsport, as they retuned this csl top to bottom, so its not like this from factory. but it IS street legal, which was my original doubt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chris98891; 11-09-2007 at 08:46 PM.

the fastest production supercar

but would this be considered production? because its a production car, but tuned

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
    but would this be considered production? because its a production car, but tuned
    If it's tuned it's not production anymore....at least by my definition...

yeah, im curious where they would draw the line. either way the pagani's record is way more impressive, as it isnt stripped, no roll cage, body panels all remain original.

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
    there are some time attack street legal skyline GTR's here that could probably match/beat that M3 CSL, but they're not production so it doesn't really matter either way. Zonda still holds it for production car.

i mean, all due credit for the CSL, hell of a good time for a street legal car, any street legal car for that matter, but it's so far removed production version, well that's not something to crow about beating the zonda with
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Jumpin-geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehosephat!!! That was one awesome video!! Thanks for sharing it
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Let's tune the Pagani now and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Let's tune the Pagani now and see what happens
    Orgasms would have beautifully simultaneous orgasms from which wonderful flowered fields, blue skies and peace and happiness would spread, the messiah would arrive and the world would come to an end and become paradise.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    Orgasms would have beautifully simultaneous orgasms from which wonderful flowered fields, blue skies and peace and happiness would spread, the messiah would arrive and the world would come to an end and become paradise.
    That pretty much sums it up

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    you forgot to say we will all go to paradise in a zonda F, the non-tuned one, which is more confortable for such a long journey...
    Mr Horacio Pagani, you need to increase productuon figures....
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    If it's tuned it's not production anymore....at least by my definition...
    That was always what I was assuming they meant by "production." A car representative of the cars comming off the production line.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    you forgot to say we will all go to paradise in a zonda F, the non-tuned one, which is more confortable for such a long journey...
    Mr Horacio Pagani, you need to increase productuon figures....
    Yeah....a few a year ain't gonna cut it, we need a few million a year at the least!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    That was always what I was assuming they meant by "production." A car representative of the cars comming off the production line.
    i agree with you, even if i don't know if i will consider the Caparo T1 a production car the day it will lap the ring, or if i could compare it to a zonda. it is a road-lagel car, of course, but a lot of magazine doubt the car could actually be driven on a road.
    at the moment, i am using the speed-bumber method.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information