Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2007-2008 Silly Season

Not really on topic, but here's a pic of Kimi and his rather attractive wife that I thought needed to be shared, and I can think of no better place than here to post it.

Look at the goofy look on his face! Classic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Not really on topic, but here's a pic of Kimi and his rather attractive wife that I thought needed to be shared, and I can think of no better place than here to post it.

Look at the goofy look on his face! Classic.
    Kimi's a pimp.

I bet their dinner-time conversations are intense though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Kimi's a pimp.

I bet their dinner-time conversations are intense though.
    What would they talk about? Kimi has no soul. He is just a vacuum of dead space that happened to take a human form and enjoys triple distilled vodka.

Wife: "How was your day, Kimi?"

Kimi: "It was ok."

Then they'd sit in silence till they both got tanked and had crazy animal sex.

What would they talk about? Kimi has no soul. He is just a vacuum of dead space that happened to take a human form and enjoys triple distilled vodka.

Wife: "How was your day, Kimi?"

Kimi: "It was ok."
    Like I said, intense.

While we're on this subject: Felipe Massa got married on November 30. Unfortunately I can't find a good picture.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    While we're on this subject: Felipe Massa got married on November 30. Unfortunately I can't find a good picture.
    a very silly season indeed....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    What are the odds she is smoking hot? High I think.

On the same topic, Ron Denis is a pimp. His wife is like 20 years younger than he.

The F1 couple that never fails to amaze/disgust me is Jean Todt and Michelle Yeoh. *shudders*

uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Silly it is, so let's continue:

Helio Castroneves dumps girlfriend for Dancing With The Stars dance partner:

Racing News: IRL Racer, Dancing With The Stars Champ Ditches Wife for Dance Partner

Massa's wife, not too shabby actually:

Fotogalerias
    Zag when they Zig

Helio is starting to make his rounds in the US tabloids now

More cost-cutting initiatives from the FIA are coming.

From Autoblog:

The World Motor Sport Council of the FIA has approved yet another array of restrictions on Formula One development in a bid to further reduce costs in the top-level racing series. Following the imposition of a 10-year freeze on engine development and restrictions on aerodynamic testing, the new regulations cover a broad spectrum of areas, including design, manufacturing, testing, development of suspension, brakes and hydraulics, bodywork, weight distribution, on-track testing and personnel. More details are expected to be revealed after discussions take place with the teams at a meeting scheduled for mid-January.

Although the stated aim of the tighter regulations is to reduce enormous costs of operating a Formula One racing team, the restrictions put F1 in danger of losing its status as the pinnacle of motor racing and further reduce the already-debatable benefit F1 development has on production road cars.

As this writer expressed in a recent discussion with an FIA official, the goal of reducing costs would be better served if the FIA took a page out of the playbooks of other top-level sports: In order to cap spending in the sport, actually cap spending. The FIA should impose a cap on spending, not unlike a major-league salary cap, rather than searching for more round-about ways of restricting development in which the engineers will invariably find new loop-holes.
    It seems as though that if they really wanted to cut costs, they would institute a salary cap as well as doing this. SO they are holding out for some reason or another.

What does it mean? Drivers and personnel are signed for 10 years? The sponsors have their contracts for 10 years, too? Blah-blah-blah...
    Damn, it was interesting in case of engines, but I think THIS is too much. Will the personnel be allowed to change their socks during these ten years?

The FIA has just changed the qualifying format after it had been tossed around for a few months.

Q1 will now last 20 minutes, Q2 15 minutes, and Q3 10 minutes.

The FIA has just changed the qualifying format after it had been tossed around for a few months.

Q1 will now last 20 minutes, Q2 15 minutes, and Q3 10 minutes.
    That makes perfect sense. No more silly fuel burning in Q3.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Since the Title says "Silly Season".....

What about a total overhaul of the FIA reg's. One idea could be to have cars start a new race in reverse order of finish from the previous race. So the winner of the Australian GP would start at the back of the grid for the next race and the last place finisher would be the pole sitter, with all other cars sitting in reverse order of finish from where they were in the last race. This would create a lot of passing and undoubtedly more interest in race strategy etc. What is now qualifying could be used as testing time and would save $$$$ for all teams. (Teams would also be getting more usable data for the race as the conditions the two days prior to the race are much more similiar than testing weeks or even months in advance of going to a circuit.) Thinking on the fly would now be at premium and all teams may even have a chance to win a race or two. As it stands now over the course of any one year perhaps only 2 or 3 teams will win a race. Some years 2 or 3 teams don't even score any points at all! I think the cream would still rise to the top and the fans would get a real show.

Thread Information