Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vector WX8.

Coolieman's right, the fronts just hacked off a bloody Camaro!

What a POS!

Lamborghini and Ferrari are smart. They don't go after the pointless records because no one would be able to use those on the roads anyway unless you're on a track.

I'm sure they can make cars capable of hitting 260 if they had really wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Lamborghini and Ferrari are smart. They don't go after the pointless records because no one would be able to use those on the roads anyway unless you're on a track.

I'm sure they can make cars capable of hitting 260 if they had really wanted to.
    …Because the capabilities of a 430 or a 599 are SSSSOOOO usable on the public road. And the LP640's top speed of over 210? That makes perfect sense, totally useful for getting to work on time in LA.

Really, none of these cars make sense in the everyday world as they’re built to provide an experience far removed from the ordinary, and many owners do use them on racetracks. I just don’t think the Vector is going to be any better at anything this time around. It was born of a bad idea, and driven by the intent of a man who borders on mad. I don’t have any problem with chasing those kinds of speeds, if that’s your thing; I just don’t think the car stands a snowballs chance of ever reaching them. And, even if it does, I don’t think it’s going to be a very good drive. The guys at SSC seem to have retained just enough common sense to know that the have to make the car livable, and exciting. I think the Vector is going to be:

A. Not anywhere near as fast as the claims.
    B. So badly screwed together that it will fall apart long before it ever gets to whatever speed it is capable of.
    C. Ugly
    D. Almost completely undeveloped dynamically.
    E. Ugly
    F. Cheap in a way that will make a 70s Pantera feel opulent.
    G. Reall, REALLY Ugly.

Weigert has a track record, and it’s all bad. This car is more smoke and mirrors than a tire fire at a brothel…

are those supra headlights?

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    Maybe... Whatever they are, they've got tape lids over the top in true kit-car fashion...

Autoblog have just come across the car at the show. It doesn't look good (pun intended...)

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/14/l...t-theres-hope/

Now I think your all being a bit harsh I loved vectors cars when I was a child and I must admit I still think they look like a fun automobile. Whats not to like?

YouTube - Vector W8

YouTube - Vector W8 Twin Turbo

Defined shape, unmistakeable from any angle and listen to that noise
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    …Because the capabilities of a 430 or a 599 are SSSSOOOO usable on the public road. And the LP640's top speed of over 210? That makes perfect sense, totally useful for getting to work on time in LA.

Really, none of these cars make sense in the everyday world as they’re built to provide an experience far removed from the ordinary, and many owners do use them on racetracks. I just don’t think the Vector is going to be any better at anything this time around. It was born of a bad idea, and driven by the intent of a man who borders on mad. I don’t have any problem with chasing those kinds of speeds, if that’s your thing; I just don’t think the car stands a snowballs chance of ever reaching them. And, even if it does, I don’t think it’s going to be a very good drive. The guys at SSC seem to have retained just enough common sense to know that the have to make the car livable, and exciting. I think the Vector is going to be:

A. Not anywhere near as fast as the claims.
    B. So badly screwed together that it will fall apart long before it ever gets to whatever speed it is capable of.
    C. Ugly
    D. Almost completely undeveloped dynamically.
    E. Ugly
    F. Cheap in a way that will make a 70s Pantera feel opulent.
    G. Reall, REALLY Ugly.

Weigert has a track record, and it’s all bad. This car is more smoke and mirrors than a tire fire at a brothel…

You make good points there.

The Vector is all the "impracticalities" of the cars you listed x 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    Now I think your all being a bit harsh I loved vectors cars when I was a child and I must admit I still think they look like a fun automobile. Whats not to like?

YouTube - Vector W8

YouTube - Vector W8 Twin Turbo

I don't know. It just seems like the company is way too focused on the top speed record. It's like the car is purpose built for the record and for the record only and neglects anything else. That and the totally rediculous body styling makes hate the car. I can't take the car seriously when it looks like a stretched and melted Camaro. Add that to the price tag (which has got to be pretty expensive) and it makes no sense to buy this car.

and the ability to spontaenously combust!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    and the ability to spontaenously combust!
    Well spontaneous combustion is popular among new supercars, Vector was ahead!
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

"you can opt for a twin-supercharged version that promises a whopping 1850 HP (!). The performance stats for that one are listed as 0-60 in 2.5, the quarter in a superbike-like 10.0, and a top speed of 275 MPH+. Well, that plus sign after the 275 can make it 300 MPH with Bonneville gearing, according to Vector."
    wtf, this is just laughable.
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I don't know. It just seems like the company is way too focused on the top speed record. It's like the car is purpose built for the record and for the record only and neglects anything else. That and the totally rediculous body styling makes hate the car. I can't take the car seriously when it looks like a stretched and melted Camaro. Add that to the price tag (which has got to be pretty expensive) and it makes no sense to buy this car.
    Like the Bugatti Veyron isnt? and its also a fat slug of an ugly car too boot. (fat defintly looks are imo)

$400k isnt too much for somthing that fast.

And its well documented breakdown (1 i can find) went somthing like this.

Tennis star Andre Agassi, who had his car delivered for his birthday party. Late that night, he had an infamous incident when his car locked up, and spun during excessive speeds without all the necessary radiators installed. He was half way from his home toward Las Vegas. Vector claims that this is because he demanded for his car before it could be finished, and he ignored their recommendations not to drive it until they could do the final work.

Also people knock cars like these we had the ferrari club of australia in the hotel and all their reserved bays are black! those things the biggest expense must be oil stuff petrol they only use a 1/3 of that compared to oil they drip.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Like the Bugatti Veyron isnt? and its also a fat slug of an ugly car too boot. (fat defintly looks are imo)

$400k isnt too much for somthing that fast.

And its well documented breakdown (1 i can find) went somthing like this.

Tennis star Andre Agassi, who had his car delivered for his birthday party. Late that night, he had an infamous incident when his car locked up, and spun during excessive speeds without all the necessary radiators installed. He was half way from his home toward Las Vegas. Vector claims that this is because he demanded for his car before it could be finished, and he ignored their recommendations not to drive it until they could do the final work.

Also people knock cars like these we had the ferrari club of australia in the hotel and all their reserved bays are black! those things the biggest expense must be oil stuff petrol they only use a 1/3 of that compared to oil they drip.
    The Veyron is a good on the track as well. I can't say that about the Vector because I know nothing about it on the track, but it seems like the Vector also has reliability issues. Then again, I don't know how reliable the Veyron is either. Knowing that both are ugly, I'd still rather have the Veyron. The Veyron reliably can go to 250 and it's been documented. The Vector, meanwhile, theoretically could go to 270. Biggest problem is, no one's done it before. For all I know, the Vector could blow up when it reaches 270. I would definitely feel more confident driving the Veyron.

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateCarPage.com
    all-American
    They wish.
    All about the t-tops

Thread Information