Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Moment of Silence...

A Moment of Silence...

...A 3-Day-Old Roush 600 RE dies in a crash!!!!

Just the third in a series of only ten ever to be built, the unfortunate Ford GT Roush 600 RE you will see below only saw three days of (ab)use before its untimely death. A new example is shown above for reference. The hyper-limited edition 612bhp beast wasn’t even broken in yet, with only 512mi (819km) on the odometer. And just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse, the ten cars picked to become Roush 600 REs were the last ten Ford GTs to roll off the production line - ever. Read on for the gory postmortem shots.

The lone bright spot in the midst of this tragedy is the engine and gearbox - they came through unscathed, or nearly so. So it’s possible that the heart of this glorious creature might live on to power some other, hopefully more fortunate, vehicle around a track or two. With the luck this car has, though, it’ll be stuck in some Ukrainian farmer’s tractor. For some crazy reason the sale of the parts lot (the seller has to keep the chassis for some reason) failed to go at auction on eBay with a bid of just $1040, so it’s likely the best of the remaining bits and pieces are still available.

No details on how the car met its end, but with only three days of ownership before catastrophe and 612bhp on tap, we tend to think the driver’s right foot got a bit ahead of his (or her) capability. Just a reminder to know yourself, and know your limits. If not for your sake, then for the car’s.

I am shocked and angry, mostly angry

P.S, words and pics taken from Motor Authority
    Last edited by orshow; 11-18-2007 at 02:38 AM.
    May the downforce be with you

I saw that sometime last week and just thought "well, that was predictable, give it to the tosser that can't drive". They should have tests to see whether people are fit to drive these cars or not, rather than just handing them out to whichever twat has the most money.

Please dress the owner in orange jumpsuit, get the cameras ready and rolling, I'm sharpening my letter opener...
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

ill take the rims

Quote Originally Posted by 70cuda88 View Post
    ill take the rims
    they appear to be damaged, especially the right rear.

What is wrong with some of you people? No one knows how this car was crashed and the circumstances involved, so until then, refrain from bashing on the driver of this heavily damaged vehicle. For all we know, the operator could have swerved to avoid a rabbit and ended up dying at the wheel upon impact of a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    What is wrong with some of you people? No one knows how this car was crashed and the circumstances involved, so until then, refrain from bashing on the driver of this heavily damaged vehicle. For all we know, the operator could have swerved to avoid a rabbit and ended up dying at the wheel upon impact of a tree.
    Wrong. Only bad drivers are ever involved in car accidents. Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini View Post
    Wrong. Only bad drivers are ever involved in car accidents. Fool.
    I sense some sarcasm coming from rockella...

nonetheless, agreed. only idiots crash.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Aytron Senna. Colin McRae. Peter Brock.

All these men are Idiots, according to your faulty logic.

<scanning previous post for sarcasm.....sarcasm not found>
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I'm at a loss as to why its such a loss that this car is off the road? Being one in 10 made is understandable, but the car isnt akin to a Ferrari FXX etc. You can buy cheaper, more powerful replica's around the world that do the same job and have the same amount of substance considering theyre all remakes regardless.

The car itself looks like it had a fairly big impact, maybe even a roll. Any idea if this happened on the road or on a track?
    I am the Stig

Yes, it's a shame one of these was wrecked. However, it doesn't say anything about anyone being hurt so thats great. After all, cars are just that, cars.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    I'm at a loss as to why its such a loss that this car is off the road? Being one in 10 made is understandable, but the car isnt akin to a Ferrari FXX etc. You can buy cheaper, more powerful replica's around the world that do the same job and have the same amount of substance considering theyre all remakes regardless.

The car itself looks like it had a fairly big impact, maybe even a roll. Any idea if this happened on the road or on a track?
    I generally agree but I don't think a Ferrari FXX is any more special. If nothing else I would say neither are very special when compared to actual racecars that were never built to run on the road.

Please don't take this as I think Ferrari FXXs should be crashed instead.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    I agree, and all the information i know was provided from the website i named, so i couldn't tell you.
    May the downforce be with you

alright, alright i didn't consider any factors, just the high amount of supercar crashes caused by silly driving. And that's in pretty terrible condition and looks like it's been in a high-speed crash, that's why i assumed he was being a twat

Worst. driving tip. ever.

NEVER swerve to avoid an animal (unless you can easily make it and stay ON the road) if you swerve, its bad for everyone. if you hit a rabbit, it dies, you have some fibreglass to fix.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information