Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barrett-Jackson 2008 Camaro!

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    this isn't anything like the car you built. Trust me. The paint is worth more than the car you built.

EDIT: not trying to be rude, but you've been on my case today
    Haha I know I have, but the last camaro went for 125K....

The L89 in these camaros are worth as much as a Z/28, seriously.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

As an outsider watching B-J auctions, it reeks of the worst of excesses.
    Bidding prices go up on the cajouling of the agents and so many are clearly being sold for ego purposes or to making son feel important.
    Jeez pop, give your kids love not $100k of posineur metal.
    SOOO many of the engines clearly aren't used, it's sad.
    Like the European/world classic car business before the crash in the 90s.
    Glad we left all that BS behind
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

^ you should come sometime...the stuff they dont show on tv is CRAZY!!!
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

^ you should come sometime...the stuff they dont show on tv is CRAZY!!!
    Wish I'd known about it when I spent so much time over there. The thought it was on and I was in the "neighbourhood" really pisses me off now

Certainly can see me planning one of my future extended stays to cover the visit. BUT I'll leave the cheque book behind ... coudl definately see me getting talked into bidding by the sales guys
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Wish I'd known about it when I spent so much time over there. The thought it was on and I was in the "neighbourhood" really pisses me off now

Certainly can see me planning one of my future extended stays to cover the visit. BUT I'll leave the cheque book behind ... coudl definately see me getting talked into bidding by the sales guys
    WE'll you would have to have a bidders pass...which is $500 I believe

but I know what you mean. Every time I go I wish I could buy everything

WE'll you would have to have a bidders pass...which is $500 I believe
    WHat's the deal on press passes ?
    THinking I coudl blag a UCP gillet from WOuter

WHat's the deal on press passes ?
    I'm not sure on that. I usually just walk around the ropes and start taking pictures...I see people get stopped all the time..but I'm invisible

but in all seriousness, you dont need any pass. this is how the event is set up

every single car is there from monday to sunday. You can walk up to any of them during that entire period...even after they are sold and take pictures. Obviously you can't get in them, but if you wait for lunchtime you can get a good shot of the car without people in the way.

On TV all they show is the auction booth. But outside they have massive tents set up...with all the cars under them. At the entrance the company sponsering the event shows off there cars. Last three times it was Chrylser and Ford...they have all their high end models and concepts. In 2006 they had a blue SLR and separate SLR engine/tranny. Then as you pass that you see a dyno booth with two cars (last time it was 2 Gt500's). You can enter to race the 1/4 mile. After that they have about a billion vendors under the front tent....where you can buy just about anything. for example...a signed elvis guitar...or an old piece of paper signed by every single US president...something like $250,000. and other random super expensive stuff.

Then the auction booth and stands..which gets bigger every year.

After than are the long tents filled with the high end cars that made the most money. Probably 100 cars there...the rest are outside under the smaller tents.

Also outside they have drift events...you can enter to go for a ride with a pro. Last time they had Ken gushi (however you spell it) driving a 700hp GT500

And even a school bus mosnter truck giving rides.

and a butt load of different resturant booths set up everywhere you look

the main tent with the auction booth is supposedly the largest tent in the world.

Speak english.

update....

ok well today was a sad day, the Camaro was shipped up to phoenix today...my dad and I followed

dropped it off at BJ and took a few pics

this year I will be there tuesday-thursday..saturday and sunday

when the camaro came off the trailer...most people stopped what they were doing and came over to watch...we had a little car show right on the spot A bidder from Australia came over and asked me a bunch of questions. in the pics showing the car being lifted up into the trailer before we left...you will notice the white dodge truck....random people pulled over to watch...he was one of about 15....in a 30 minute pick up

I've spent the last 2 weeks detailing every square inch of the car and it is cleaner than clean! The paint is just insane. New wheels and tires as well...I put those on last week...btw yes that is werty in the last picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    I don't see what would make it worth that amount, but we'll just have to see.
    At Barrett Jackson, nothing has to be on a car to make it worth what it sold for. They sold the first ever Ford Mustang Conv. for $5 million just weeks ago.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

update....

ok well today was a sad day, the Camaro was shipped up to phoenix today...my dad and I followed

dropped it off at BJ and took a few pics

this year I will be there tuesday-thursday..saturday and sunday

when the camaro came off the trailer...most people stopped what they were doing and came over to watch...we had a little car show right on the spot A bidder from Australia came over and asked me a bunch of questions. in the pics showing the car being lifted up into the trailer before we left...you will notice the white dodge truck....random people pulled over to watch...he was one of about 15....in a 30 minute pick up

I've spent the last 2 weeks detailing every square inch of the car and it is cleaner than clean! The paint is just insane. New wheels and tires as well...I put those on last week...btw yes that is werty in the last picture
    I think you might be there for the ZR1 auction. Take some pics for me.

WTF FedEx ships cars?
    Last edited by baddabang; 01-11-2008 at 09:04 PM.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    I think you might be there for the ZR1 auction. Take some pics for me.

WTF FedEx ships cars?
    yea we found out this morning fedex has a new line of car shippers the truck was brand new

im not sure if the zr1 or 2009 camaro will be there...I did see this though...a teal green/grey...must be a one off

and that new brabus sl500 was right next to it...ill snap some good pics next week and uploadthem at night tues-thurs for you guys

when i was there today, hardly anything was set up...they are still working around the clock over there
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    At Barrett Jackson, nothing has to be on a car to make it worth what it sold for. They sold the first ever Ford Mustang Conv. for $5 million just weeks ago.
    There is a lot of weird stuff that goes on at barrett jackson, most of it is fake. I've heard there is quite the long line of lawsuits going on with the company.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    There is a lot of weird stuff that goes on at barrett jackson, most of it is fake. I've heard there is quite the long line of lawsuits going on with the company.
    What do you mean by fake?

I'm guessing he means things are false, such as this car is "so and so" and that car was the "first so and so".
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information