Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commercial showing teenagers driving deemed too offensive

People that do nothing but spend their life looking for shit to bitch about on the tele...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    I understand where they are coming from but its just ridiculous...
    I too understand where they are coming from, from a place of total sef-importance, where beureucrats make up laws and regulations all day long that solve only problem thought up by themselves. A place where making political hay, and advancing one's own career at the expence of the personal freedoms of the masses is business as usuall, and where seeking grants and donations with which to line one's pockets is the only reason for making regulations...

I only wish that more cars full of teenagers, when they do get into accidents, would run over self-important safety-crats...

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    anything promoting McDonalds should be banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Anything that encourages eating McDonald's should be banned. Ick.
    Agreed.

Old people care about kids dying in car crashes. While I don’t support over censorship I don’t care that McDonalds has to withdraw this. It is probably a crappy add (I haven’t seen it ) and the world is a no worse palace for its removal. All the same I can’t see what impact it will have on the road toll.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Just another thick as shit group ranting on about a facade, like the "if we vaccinate against HPV it will encourage girls to become promiscuous" bunch...

By the way, is the original commercial on YouTube or something?

You don't want to see it. seriously.

to summarise:

Kid gets license. Borrows mums car, picks up mates, goes to Mcd's drivethrough, flicks pickle on back right window.

tagline - "Whats your favourite Macca's moment?"

Stupid branding, stupid product, retarded ad. it's not as if people were making the pinky at him or anything.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

another one in my case for "90% of the general public, and most government and bueracratic organisations, can be considered clinically retarded and have no knowledge on anything they actually make rulings about"
    refer to darwin speed limits, half of the P plate restrictions, and handgun restrictions for further proof
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Clearly they missed this commercial.

YouTube - Trans Am Mountain Dew Commercial

yeh its old but still a great commercial
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

If they consider that to be terrible in Australia, I'm curious to see what isn't banned there.

Knife commercials? might promote stabbing
    car commercials? promotes reckless driving
    buying McDonalds w/ friends? I can't see how that promotes illegal behavior, unless McDonalds = weed in Australian slang and the whole thing could be interpreted as a drug reference.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    If they consider that to be terrible in Australia, I'm curious to see what isn't banned there.
    the problem is the only people who complain about it and numerous other issues are the ones that get their views catered to, and these are usually the minority comprising of mouth-breathing 'think of the children' dumbasses with nothing better to do than write complaint letter to TV stations, newspapers and whatever beuracratic organisation that fits their liking. i.e. self-involved housewives and people with literally NO BRAIN. i'm serious, i'm not making this up.
    Knife commercials? might promote stabbing
    car commercials? promotes reckless driving
    knife catalogues are all you need... no need to have it on TV to offend the sensibilities of the masses
    as for car commercials, i think they have some declaration in place where the car can't be shown undertaking performance driving or 'hoon' behaviour. to get around this mitsubishi simply depicted the new lancer in a videogame as part fo the ad
    buying McDonalds w/ friends? I can't see how that promotes illegal behavior, unless McDonalds = weed in Australian slang and the whole thing could be interpreted as a drug reference.
    my god, their drug peddling ring has been right in front of me all this time and i never noticed!!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

This is kinda like the violence in video games leads to violent children. Both are absolute BS

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    anything promoting McDonalds should be banned
    Why? This great establishment has provided high quality food to so many of us.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Why? This great establishment has provided high quality food to so many of us.
    who subsequently have to run their ass off to loose weight...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

If i remember right someone bitched about a Porsche commercial of a kid fantasizing about driving the new Carrera. He was running through the mountains and all that fun and they said it was promoting dangerous driving as well...

Thread Information