Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commercial showing teenagers driving deemed too offensive

I am dumbfounded. If a group of teenagers driving to a restaurant is so dangerous that it cannot be depicted on TV, why not raise the legal driving age? It wouldn't bother me a bit, and while they're at it require a 3 week driving course and make licenses cost $1000. This would cut down on CO2 emissions, gas usage, and traffic fatalities. Win, win, win.

advertising standards bureau sounds like yet another waste of taxpayers dollars.

there shouldn't even be a bureau that regulates advertising, let the freakin market regulate itself.

GRRRR all this overregulation is pissing me off.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Clearly they missed this commercial.

YouTube - Trans Am Mountain Dew Commercial

yeh its old but still a great commercial
    That's a classic! And being a whole 9 years old, nobody at the time said a word...

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    who subsequently have to run their ass off to loose weight...
    Nobody forces you to eat there though.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    who subsequently have to run their ass off to loose weight...
    I manage to fit McDonald's into an otherwise active, and moderately healthy dieting lifestyle.

It's those who have it regularly, as primary sustenance, that have issues. Nothing beats McDee's after a good night out at the club/bar though.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    I manage to fit McDonald's into an otherwise active, and moderately healthy dieting lifestyle.

It's those who have it regularly, as primary sustenance, that have issues. Nothing beats McDee's after a good night out at the club/bar though.
    There is no food greater at 1am than that of the fine dining establishment known as "Taco Bell." Two chicken taquitos and a steak Grande Quesadilla to go please.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Pah!, you guys need to be introduced to the humble beef/chicken kebab after being on the liquid. (though you may need that much grease after drinking that stuff you americans call beer)
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    advertising standards bureau sounds like yet another waste of taxpayers dollars.

there shouldn't even be a bureau that regulates advertising, let the freakin market regulate itself.

GRRRR all this overregulation is pissing me off.
    The Advertising standards bureau is necessary as they set and review commercial classifications and address actual breaches of the classifications code, but unfortunately are often stuck answering the complaints of hysterical idiots with nothing better to do. I'm looking you Scruby you ****ing idiot.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post

I lost 20 kg by changing from having that, Hungry Jacks (Burger King) and KFC three times a week to having it around three times a year. Plus a bit of bike riding!
    I was hooked on Maccas, now of the three I could honestly never have it again and not care.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Nobody forces you to eat there though.
    I was referring to the current activities of our webmaster
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    I'm looking you Scruby you ****ing idiot.
    what does that mean? was that directed towards me?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    I am dumbfounded. If a group of teenagers driving to a restaurant is so dangerous that it cannot be depicted on TV, why not raise the legal driving age? It wouldn't bother me a bit, and while they're at it require a 3 week driving course and make licenses cost $1000. This would cut down on CO2 emissions, gas usage, and traffic fatalities. Win, win, win.
    Wouldn't bother YOU.

anyone got a link to youtube or something where I can watch it?

Yep and bloody agree shocking ad shocking!..

For starters the kid cant park a car or drive to be honest and he just got his P's That kid needs more lessons not a trip to Mcdickheads! as he's first drive.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Clearly they missed this commercial.

YouTube - Trans Am Mountain Dew Commercial

yeh its old but still a great commercial
    Can i just say... THATS AWESOME!!!

and it would be banned within abour 3 seconds of being aired here, like the ad wouldnt have even finished before being banned.
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information