Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In-car video of the Corvette ZR1 lapping Laguna Seca

In-car video of the Corvette ZR1 lapping Laguna Seca

In-car video of the Corvette ZR1 lapping Laguna Seca. Should be a great match up between the Nissan GTR, porsche carrera gt, and other supercars.

Detroit Auto Show: Video of the Corvette ZR1 Hot Lap Around Laguna Seca...From Inside The ZR1!

It seems to be doing more than "Drag racing." I could be mistaken, but those seem to be turns that it's going 'round.

Thats sick. The new corvette looks really nice. For some reason I can't imagine it being a great match for the Nissan GTR AND the Carrera GT... Is the Nissan GTR as good as a carrera gt?
    Anyways, thanks for posting the vid.
    Last edited by Fuerte100; 12-06-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Well with carbon ceramic brakes, PS2 345 wide tires, 2900lbs and 650hp it better at least match the 3800lbs 480hp Nissan GTR and should really be up there with the C-GT.

K thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    Well with carbon ceramic brakes, PS2 345 wide tires, 2900lbs and 650hp it better at least match the 3800lbs 480hp Nissan GTR and should really be up there with the C-GT.
    I had no idea that the GT-R was that heavy. Weighing less and with more hp, the 'Vette likely can better the GT-R's 3.5 second 0-60 mph time.

The comparison with the CGT would be interesting as the 'Vette has more hp, but probably handles worse. It will probably have a better and/or comparable 0-60 mph time than the CGT though.

I just came.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Looks like Johnny O'Connell was really holding back, braking early etc. Honestly, I would be surprised if there is enough traction for a < 3.5 sec 0-60. More importantly the ZR1 should smoke the GT-R on the track, provided of course the GT-R cannot defy physics as others have claimed.

This car is made of win and awesome. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I had no idea that the GT-R was that heavy. Weighing less and with more hp, the 'Vette likely can better the GT-R's 3.5 second 0-60 mph time.

The comparison with the CGT would be interesting as the 'Vette has more hp, but probably handles worse. It will probably have a better and/or comparable 0-60 mph time than the CGT though.

The ZR1 will have a similar adjustable magnetic suspension as the Ferrari 599GTB, so i wouldn't be too concerned about its handling/ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    Looks like Johnny O'Connell was really holding back, braking early etc. Honestly, I would be surprised if there is enough traction for a < 3.5 sec 0-60. More importantly the ZR1 should smoke the GT-R on the track, provided of course the GT-R cannot defy physics as others have claimed.

Under 3.5 shouldn't be a problem for this car, just need a driver mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    The Z06 is good for a 3.7 0-60, I just can't think that Chevy have let a 150-200bhp advantage make less than two-tenths difference, they'll have put better tires on the thing. To me it says a lot that they're testing this thing on tracks as tight and complex as Seca; I have high hopes.

The ZR1 will have a similar adjustable magnetic suspension as the Ferrari 599GTB, so i wouldn't be too concerned about its handling/ride.
    Yes, and that still doesn't change my mind about it likely handling worse than a CGT.

Adjustable shocks won't make it as good as a C-GT
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Shutup with the CGT, that things quite old, out of production, and mega expensive. GT2, is a better comparo, especially since they both utilise forced induction and are closer in price.

Thread Information