Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How'd you market your car brand?

The premise is we are billionaires, it doesn;t matter if it sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I'd try an offer something that other car makers don't offer. Since everyone is relying on speed and performance I'd take the Pagani approach.

Attention to detail, drama, excitement and style. The car should give pleasure either doing 20 or 200mph. Driving should be an experience and not a mere traject from point A to point B. The car should connect emotionally with the driver. That's why we like cars after all, don't we?

Performance and lap records are all very well, but in the rear world are pretty much meaningless. The experience, the feel is everything.

Racing heritage could be a bonus to be added later in the life of the car, perhaps.
    I like that approach.

I would make something elegant, yet epic. Radical, yet civilized looks. Something that is easily identifiable and leaves a mark on everyone that witnesses the car.

It would sound good too. Maybe the nice roar of an American V8, or the ear drum rupturing whine of a V12.

Low weight would be a priority, but so would driver and passenger comfort. Maximum use of carbon fibre for sure.

It would have awesome performance when you want it, but also nice for a daily driver.

1) Underpants.
    2) ???
    3) Profit.

How Supercars fit into this I have no idea.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

First of all, I skipped parts of this thread, so please don't blame me if I missed something. Second of all, we have had multiple lessons in this subject, so I'd choose a slightly different approach to most I guess. Not that that means I am right offcourse, i've been sleeping through most commercial marketing bullshi lessons

To start off, I would try and find a niche in the market before starting all the engineering work. This way you save money, by not developing a car that will never sell.

After the Engineering/CAD work I would have a look at the market again, preferably carried out by a independent party to not miss something, because of your own biased view. After endless meetings the final decision should be made to start the most expensive phase, making it production ready.

By making a preliminary production model, I'd try and spark attention on events where a large amount of your target group is present. This way you save the money of building a stand on large shows, where 99% of persons won't buy your car anyway. After laying the initial contacts a media campaign should be launched for it. The people know the vehicle and for those where it slipped out of their minds now, will remember it again. It would probably be focused specifically on their demands, like excellent driveability while cruising in style and comfort through Monaco or Saint-Tropez. Also a connection with a famous brand with the keywords "luxurious, style, grace" and whatever other might be suitable can be looked into, if staying as cheap as possible.

By the time production is ready to start, you allready have the first couple of orders and therefor the means to hire staff and buy supplies. The price of the car would be exactly good enough to break even. The profit is in the options as is usual in the industry, probably make 6-700% average profit on them, people are used to that for aaaaggeeeees now .

I'd say by that time you have a neat company and if everything stays steady, you might be here to stay.

Personally I don't think there is much future in the supercar market. There are just too much new cars out there at the moment. For now it works, but if the market for them decreases again, because of a depression of some sort, the smaller brands will get in serious trouble for survival.

Two words: Jessica Alba.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Thread Information