Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZR1 Corvette Racing on Track

ZR1 Corvette Racing on Track

"As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

That blower wines louder than Mrs. Quigney.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

yeah at like just under a minute 30 it gets an awesome whine as it comes over the hill

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    QFTMFT.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Your sister is hot. Srsly.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Corners well; no doubt on that. I can almost believe the guy at the end who says that the suspension is better than the Z06 just because the Z06 has been known for terrible ride quality.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Corners well; no doubt on that. I can almost believe the guy at the end who says that the suspension is better than the Z06 just because the Z06 has been known for terrible ride quality.
    The first year Z06 was reported to be skittish at the limits. Many people have incorrectly blamed this on the leaf spring. The second year Z06 received new shocks (no change to the springs) which seemed to have addressed the skittishness issues. However the car still is reported to ride stiffly. I can't say as I've only driven the C6 Z51. The Z51 suspension is stiff but not intolerable on the frost bitten roads of the Midwest. Certainly it was no worse than an old 1.6L Miata.

Since the release of the Z06 apparently GM has addressed the heating issues with the MR shocks so they now can be used on a track driven car. With those shocks GM can deliver a softer ride as well as better body motion control. Really a win win.

The magnetic ride dampers are meant to be great, the HSV cars have them here sadly with a 1800kg kerb weight also

The corvette looks great in the video and will definetley be a good thing.. But in reality a 6.2 supercharged lightweight car with massive tyres and brakes should be good.

dont believe the video obviously the car has been extensivley modified and running cut slicks.... think Ive heard this statement before in some other thread about a Japanese car that has been just released... see how rediculous this sounds corvette fanboys

Fantastic car wished I had one
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    The magnetic ride dampers are meant to be great, the HSV cars have them here sadly with a 1800kg kerb weight also

The corvette looks great in the video and will definetley be a good thing.. But in reality a 6.2 supercharged lightweight car with massive tyres and brakes should be good.

dont believe the video obviously the car has been extensivley modified and running cut slicks.... think Ive heard this statement before in some other thread about a Japanese car that has been just released... see how rediculous this sounds corvette fanboys

Fantastic car wished I had one
    The "Japanese car" (Nissan GT-R) in question had TUNER EMBLEMS (Mines) stuck all over it and was owned and driven by a famous Japanese tuner who engineers and sells after-market performance parts for Nissans.

That's the difference.

Anyone with a clear thinking mind should therefore be highly skeptical of the actual condition of that particular car.

Get it?
    Last edited by harddrivin1le; 01-17-2008 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harddrivin1le View Post
    The "Japanese car" (Nissan GT-R) in question had TUNER EMBLEMS (Mines) stuck all over it
    ZOMG TEH STICKERZ!!!1 +600BHP!!!

Seriously if you had just left that out your point would have been much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by harddrivin1le View Post
    The "Japanese car" (Nissan GT-R) in question had TUNER EMBLEMS (Mines) stuck all over it and was owned and driven by a famous Japanese tuner who engineers and sells after-market performance parts for Nissans.

That's the difference.

Anyone with a clear thinking mind should therefore be highly skeptical of the actual condition of that particular car.

Get it?
    How do we know that corvette didnt have upped boost etc*. Who really gives a toss about the GTR or the Corvette they will both be fantastic cars in their own right

* may or may not be a true statement

Tuner emblems do give between 10 and 20rwhp Ive been told by my engine builder

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    ZOMG TEH STICKERZ!!!1 +600BHP!!!

Seriously if you had just left that out your point would have been much stronger.
    hate to be captain obvious here but i think he was saying the Skyline was ridiculously modified...

..even though mines said it was a stock car...just like GM will say the ZR1 they'll be using is a 'stock' car
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    ..even though mines said it was a stock car...just like GM will say the ZR1 they'll be using is a 'stock' car
    Dead right Clutch who knows and who really cares, it will be a weapon e stock or not

Quote Originally Posted by Rotary.freak View Post
    hate to be captain obvious here but i think he was saying the Skyline was ridiculously modified...
    Yeah he was, but he failed to point out any modifications...

Thread Information