I am currently selling my Alfa Spider and have advertised it on Autotrader.co.uk & Pistonheads.com. I have cut and pasted a e-mail conversation with a perspective buyer. Not sure what kind of mug she thinks i am but thought i would post it here to warn others.

To: [email protected]
Subject: 2001 ALFA ROMEO SPIDER 2.0 TS 16V £5,800
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 03:46:03 +0000

Good Morning,
I am really interested in your CAR listed for sale on auto trader.
I will like to know if you still have it for sale.
Are you the first owner?
Did you have ALL THE PAPER work and the receipt of purchase for documentation?
What is your LAST ASKING PRICE and the present condition?
Is it an automatic drive or manual drive?
The area for the pick up and lastly the reason for offering it for sale.
Send more pics apart from those ones on the website if also available if NOT is okay.
Thanks so much and i look forward to hear back from you today.
I will wait to hear from you soonest.
Cheers
Miranda

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: 2001 ALFA ROMEO SPIDER 2.0 TS 16V £5,800
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:48:29 +0000

The car is still available at the moment. I hope you are still interested.

I have just put thye car through a MOT on Friday as it was due before the end of the month so there is a year to run on that and the Tax does not run out till Sept 2008.

The car has done 69,000 miles and is in excelent condition, the only mark on the body work is a bit of scuffing on the front bumper. There is also some stone chipping on the front of the car but nothing you would not expect in a car with this milage and age.

The car has all the original documentation with it and all the keys and loads of reciepts. It has only had three previous owners and has a full service history. The car has a Manual Gearbox

The cam belt has been replaced this year so will not need doing in its next service. The hood is electric and works every time and is totally water proof. I also put a new stainless steel exhaust on last year as the original one had gone, this was very expensive but should last as long as the car which i was hoping to keep longer but unfortunatly my work situation is changing and I have needed to take on a company car and can not afford a second car (i would love to be able to keep her). When i got the car i put in a high end Alpine Stereo with full iPod controls, this also takes CD's.

My last asking price is the one i have listed the car with, i believe i have priced the car extremly competitively. The car would need to be picked up from the Yarm area. I do not have any further photos at present but can send you any specific ones you require.

If you would like to know anything further or come to see the car please do not hesitate to contact me, either by e-mail or on my mobile (07810551260).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will offer you £6,100: 2001 ALFA ROMEO‏
Sent: 11 February 2008 12:47:01
To: tom hutton ([email protected])

Good Afternoon,
Thanks for your quick response and am also excited to hear from you the car is still available for sale and thanks for the information you just gave about the car and am quite delighted to hear from you the car is still in great conditions .

I just want you to know that I'm buying the CAR on behalf of my husband as our family are expanding'cos we are expecting our triplet babies in few weeks time.because i'm a preganant woman.
Really we owned only one CAR at present but the CAR would NOT contain us any more as you as soon as i deliver the triplet my husband will drive our first CAR while i cruise this one with the babies.
Without taking much time i should be arranging for the payment and shipping process right away hopefully before this week runs down.

Please i want you to email me more pictures if is still available both the exterior and interior i would really appreciate that soo much.
Really i would 've come for the viewing of the CAR due to my conditions now am heavily pregnant 'cos the doctor told me that i should not stress my self any more as a woman that is carrying a tripplet in her womb.in this case i would not be able to come for the viewing.But according to what you had already explain to me in your previous email i'm fully satisfied with all the conditions of the CAR.

I will offer you £6,100 inclusive the advert fees just because i know the worth of the car and more so what you' ve stated about the car details in the advert and in additional including the advert charges you've spent soo far .
Presently we are in Guernsey in channel islands in United Kingdom.

My self and my husband will take care of the shippment we had already consult a private shipping company who's going to handle it professionally for us both the shipping cost and other necessary activities concerning the shipment of the CAR.
Apart from the car being shipped at your location there is other consignments the shipping company needs to ship for me some state in uk but have made it clear to him your location will be his first arrival before moving to any other destination .

However,as for the payment am paying you a united kingdom bankers draft(GBP) issue by uk bank base that's the only option and safest way for me to transfer CASH ,Mind you i never requested for your bank details i would like to advice you that you should NEVER send your bank details to any body over the internet is too risky,i would only need you FULL NAME and your physical address, which am going to instruct my business associate to send you a bankers draft via royalmail.The bankers draft is going to clear in any bank in united kingdom my bank advised and it will take maximum of 3 to 4 working days to FULLY CLEARED INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT, and once you've confirm the payment clearance and the money is finally available in your bank account the car should be hand over to the shippingagent and papers document as well once they arrive your location.

Thanks soo much and i really appreciate your efforts for taking your time to response to my enquiry.Hopefully to hear back from you today in order to proceed further with the payment and shipping arrangements as soon as possible. I look forward to hear back from you today.
Cheers
Miranda