Thread: Seat SportCoupé Bocanegra Concept 2008

Seat SportCoupé Bocanegra Concept 2008

Martorell, 04-03-2008

SEAT AT THE GENEVA MOTOR SHOW

The SportCoupé “Bocanegra” heralds a new vehicle concept

Exhilarating concept offers clues to the design of a key future model from SEAT
    2-door body with distinct coupé silhouette
    Efficient twin turbo 1.4 TSI engine with 7-speed DSG gearbox

The Geneva Motor Show is the venue chosen by SEAT to unveil the new SportCoupé “Bocanegra” prototype, a vehicle that oozes character and sportiness. This is the beginning of SEAT’s new short-term product venture that will feature the glitzy launch of the new Ibiza generation and the new saloon that will be unveiled in 2009.

SEAT President Erich Schmitt stressed the importance of the new SportCoupé, confirming that “the SEAT SportCoupé ´Bocanegra´ is a sporty, design oriented prototype, with which we want our brand´s position to stand out. At the same time, the ´Bocanegra´ is an outlook of the future design language of SEAT.”

Captivating, sporty design

Able to convey intense emotion at first glance, the “Bocanegra” bears the “practical, good looks” theory applied by SEAT Design Director Luc Donckerwolke.

The car gets its name from the spectacular black clad front, whose top half is set off by captivating dark Perspex from which the LED headlamps emerge. The attractive frontispiece combines with the profile surrounding the brand’s classical “S” logo, which is now black with a chrome frame.

The “Bocanegra’s” low-slung, 4-metre long compact coupé body offers a perfect synergy between sporty looks and behaviour and the functionality, roominess and high-level safety standards required to adapt to almost any need.

Other attention-getting elements are the panoramic glass roof that floods the interior with daylight, the position of the side indicators at the tip of the door mirrors and low-profile 235/35 tyres on attractive 19 inch alloy rims.

The rear-end looks stand out especially with robust shoulders which house the light clusters, and the central tailpipe integrated in the rear bumper, which lends the vehicle a more compact, appealing image.

Finely detailed interior

The “Bocanegra” passenger compartment features different colours and textures. The lightweight sporty design of the dashboard stands out at the front, and all the elements have been stylised, following the lead of the central console which houses the climatiser.

The instrument panel reflects the brand’s distinct sporty look. Both dials have been newly designed, and feature a panel between them that contains the telephone with its unmistakable menu. Communication functions are carried out through controls on the steering wheel, maximising the connectivity between the driver, the vehicle and other peripheral devices such as Palm telephones and Bluetooth connection.

Furthermore, the lightweight design of elements such as the armrests and bucket-type seats is enhanced by the use of leather and semi-transparent Perspex.

Twin turbo TSI engine

SEAT’s new prototype is equipped with the unprecedented combination of a powerful efficient twin turbo 1.4 TSI engine and seven-speed DSG gearbox with steering wheel mounted controls.

Mating this engine, whose small cylinder head results in low CO2 emissions, together with the sporty fast DSG gearbox, is sure to provide lots of driving excitement. The possibility of changing gears by flicking the paddles on the steering wheel and the outstanding stability and precision of SEAT’s hallmark “Agile Chassis” afford drivers an exhilarating, sporty driving experience.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ferrer; 03-04-2008 at 05:17 AM.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Seat SportCoupé Bocanegra #2
    Visca Catalunya!

It looks nothing like an Altea.

That can't possibly be a modern Seat.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Seat SportCoupé Bocanegra #3
    Visca Catalunya!

It's great! And the roof finally seems to be higher than on current models, where I, for example, couldn't seat comfortably...

how tall are you ?
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    It's great! And the roof finally seems to be higher than on current models, where I, for example, couldn't seat comfortably...
    It's actually 1350mm tall. Or about 9cm lower than the current Ibiza.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street View Post
    how tall are you ?
    I'm 187cm tall.
    I used to sit in Leon in showroom (they have renewed dealership in Russia a year ago or something) - everything's fine, but the roof height for me

This prototype is supposed to indicate how the next Ibiza will look like.

And here's the original Bocanegra:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...430-sport.html
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

I love, love, love that interior. So far I think the exterior is just okay, but it may grow on me. Now all they need to do is import SEAT into North America.

The SportCoupé “Bocanegra” heralds a new vehicle concept...

Yes, the concept of the "hatchback." Funny how this came out at almost exactly the same time as the new Scirocco...

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    The SportCoupé “Bocanegra” heralds a new vehicle concept...

Yes, the concept of the "hatchback." Funny how this came out at almost exactly the same time as the new Scirocco...
    Peel away all the concpet car trickery and this is just the new Ibiza with a fancy name.
    Visca Catalunya!

Looks like a nice hot hatch...
    Efficient twin turbo 1.4 TSI engine with 7-speed DSG gearbox
    Sounds good to me
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

A "twin turbo 1.4 TSI engine"?

The current TSI is supercharged and turbocharged, not twin turbo'd.

And there's yet another TSI version in Europe that has ONE turbo (so much for TwinCharge).

I wish they'd make up their mind what the definition of TSI actually is!

what you can't really see on the pics and what's the most cool about the car is the front. most of it is made from one sheet of black plastic, which covers bumper and front lights. i'll upload a pic once they're downloaded on hdd to give you the picture
    12 cylinders or walk!

Thread Information