Thread: Google maps: exciting corners and curves

Google maps: exciting corners and curves

I wanna show you some of the corners and curves in my town that are fun, exciting or daring. I don't obviously drive around searching for corners to take at near collision speeds, but sometimes I have some fun.

Post some corners and stretches or road at your city too.

Google Maps - Long with non constant radius, exciting enter and exit with a long right hand sweeper.

Google Maps - long and fast left hander with two tricky bumps right next to the apex, I had ots of fun there when I first got my drivers liscense.

Google Maps - double right hander taken uphill right until the apex of the second right hander, then it drops and you feel all grip gone.

Google Maps - our circuit.

Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Wow you live in brasilia how is it?

In Montreal The roads are like the surface of the moon there are so many potholes that our fun is using them as a slalom course.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    Wow you live in brasilia how is it?

In Montreal The roads are like the surface of the moon there are so many potholes that our fun is using them as a slalom course.
    Nah.. here some drivers entertain themselves by running straight through them if they're filled with water after the rain. The highest fun they think is to make someone completely wet. I'll remember that black TT Roadster for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Nah.. here some drivers entertain themselves by running straight through them if they're filled with water after the rain. The highest fun they think is to make someone completely wet. I'll remember that black TT Roadster for a long time
    Those potholes must do wonder's for everyone's cars.

Local routes

Here are a few shots of my groups local "runs" all are hilly and I cant put satelite images in because the roads are so covered by trees you cant see the road from above

Road 1: Entirely dirt, two and a half cars wide, Downhill running north to a valley floor and a council run BBQ/recreation area (grass with cooking facilities) great for fun filled sunday BBQ's
    comleroyrd.jpg

Springwood is a short twisty section of road that I've posted a video of me driving previously on youtube (search for springwood drive)
    springwood road.jpg

And this, called the wisemans run is a huge circut of tight hilly sections out in the mountians that my friends and I drive maybe once every four months in a group of up to 50 imports. (My S13 cant keep up with RB26DETT powered 180SX's )
    wisemansrun.jpg
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Old Spiral Highway up Lewiston Hill

spiral highway, lewiston, idaho - Google Maps

It has nice, banked corners, coupled with nice hairpins, and wonderful sweepers on the way up
    Best part is that barely anybody drives up it anymore

Thread Information