Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My room smells funny. Help me?

My room smells funny. Help me?

Something in my room smells funny from the previous occupants.

After scrubbing down the entire area with Lysol, the smell still lingers. I'm curious how to actually get rid of the smell, instead of just covering it up.

Help please?
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

I like fire, I find it destroys pretty much any smell. Along with whatever is making the smell. Beyond that, you can try spraying everything with febreeze or some smell removing dealie. Also, leave the windows open constantly to cycle the air about.

maybe its not the room, if u cleaned it and it still smells.. maybe its u...
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

i take it you moved into a new flat?

maybe they pissed all over the walls. pour acohol all over the floor and see how far that goes other than that.. try smoking alot of cigarettes.

New carpet? If all else fails, new apartment. No that's a tad rash.

I'm asking myself several question after reading this.

Why are you posting it in a car forum, even though it is the Misc its a bit off topic none the less.
    Second is, did you actually expect to get a real answer other then : burn, stomp, kill ?!
    And third is, I find that pouring liquers (the flavoured kinds) really changes the smell and really absorb into anything go with Amaretto...
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Might be something *behind* the walls. My grandfather moved in an apartment a few years ago and couldn't get rid of a nasty smell, turns out the previous owner was forced out and put a few cheese bricks between two walls...

I remember the surprised looks on his face when we cracked the wall open
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Might be something *behind* the walls. My grandfather moved in an apartment a few years ago and couldn't get rid of a nasty smell, turns out the previous owner was forced out and put a few cheese bricks between two walls...

I remember the surprised looks on his face when we cracked the wall open
    hahaha, thats great.

btw, did you catch the habs game tonight?
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by Manik View Post
    hahaha, thats great.

btw, did you catch the habs game tonight?
    Unfortunately no, I promised a friend of mine I would go with her to the movies, I didn't know the game would be tonight at the time... and the movie sucked.

At least I was in good company... I will definitely watch the other games though. Glad they won.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Unfortunately no, I promised a friend of mine I would go with her to the movies, I didn't know the game would be tonight at the time... and the movie sucked.

At least I was in good company... I will definitely watch the other games though. Glad they won.
    Yeah, the Sharks - Flames game was something to see as well, great night for hockey. Some good games tomorrow as well, pens and caps....
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Look for any places that can hide stuff, it's probably a "lost" food item or a dead animal...
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

There could be something melted on a light bulb that heats up and burns a little every time you turn it on, releasing the smell. If not a light source then maybe another heat source like the heating pipes. but check your bulbs.

I'd check under the floorboards. thats generally where they keep the dead bodies.

failing that, yeah, fire and Febreeze. a dangerous combination but likely to work wonders.

after that, try opening the windows and letting some fresh air in. you'd be surprised how often that works.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

You know one would be more likely to know how to help if we knew the type of smell, If it is a rotty type of smell then there is probably rotting going on in the room and you probably need to take the rotting out. If it is a stingy, ravid, non-freshy sort of smell then you need to let in some fresh air and sunlight into your room

P.S: Never fap in your room ,EVER!. Turns out if you drip even a single drop of booge your room will smell like really really awful for a long time

My cousin used to do that and the smell almost drove me insane!
    Last edited by kigango123; 04-11-2008 at 06:59 AM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Maybe if none of these clever ideas work you should call in a professional carpet cleaning service or like a ServePro (who specialize in removing odors and fire and water damage)

Thread Information