Thread: would you drive

would you drive

Would anyone drive an alternate type "sports car" like a road legal supertruck...Buggyra - international racing system or truckracing.de - European Truck Racing / Truck Race Information Service -

i think it can be made and done well the limiter would be moved to 125 MPH for some sort of highway fun in OZ or the US, and the wieght can be as low as possible, rather than the FIA imposed min weight of 5500kg
    this would be awesome and if the 5th wheel worked you can haul you real race car with it.

I have been looking into these with a builder and importer and am probing possible market response- actually

Sounds nice, but wont sell. The main selling point for transporters is costs. Getting it down 0.1 cents per kilometer is a huge gain nowadays. Noone except some crazy aussie with a too big wallet and ego would buy one. Too limited market to be succesful. Huge costs for research also it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Sounds nice, but wont sell. The main selling point for transporters is costs. Getting it down 0.1 cents per kilometer is a huge gain nowadays. Noone except some crazy aussie with a too big wallet and ego would buy one. Too limited market to be succesful. Huge costs for research also it seems.
    If people buy Hummers...

Try the more-money-than-sense end of the market.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

ive seen those beasts racing!!good to watch but must be hard to handle!!
    They had to close all the bridges over the track in case a truck took it downalso they went through whole brake assemblies thorugh the shear force and heat produced!!Thats all you can smell burnt metal :S

Quote Originally Posted by jugga View Post
    ive seen those beasts racing!!good to watch but must be hard to handle!!
    They had to close all the bridges over the track in case a truck took it downalso they went through whole brake assemblies thorugh the shear force and heat produced!!Thats all you can smell burnt metal :S
    Racing with air brakes? Wouldn't doubt it then

If I had the money, hell yeah I'd buy one. But I'd never have the money unless it was lotto winnage or something. It's got to be a lot of fun to drive, but there are so many cheaper vehicles. Making it a hauler seems a total waste to me, since most compromise vehicles suck at the two (or more) opposite things they're intended to do.

What's the point ?

If you ran a haulage business or were a manufacturer, it just about makes some sense to have a "performance" truck.

If you wanted to RACE though, there are many other better formulas and ones that dont' tear up the track. IMHO truck racing shuodl be limited to truck only tracks. The ripples they create in the braking zones is destroying tracks for lightweight cars and bikes
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I saw their cars in the design center. Looked tacky in my opinion.
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    What's the point ?

If you ran a haulage business or were a manufacturer, it just about makes some sense to have a "performance" truck.

If you wanted to RACE though, there are many other better formulas and ones that dont' tear up the track. IMHO truck racing shuodl be limited to truck only tracks. The ripples they create in the braking zones is destroying tracks for lightweight cars and bikes
    Near my job there is basically a consistent 2-lane train of trucks rolling by at 100 km/h. They create really heavy tracks after time and in my narrow car it gets not just irritating but also dangerous. Sometimes it shoots out on one side and catapults 1 meter to one side. You dont want to be driving unconcentrated or tired that way.

Tramlining sucks
    You should be able to avoid them or look at tyre and pressures to reduce the effect.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    Racing with air brakes? Wouldn't doubt it then
    no air brakes
    bigger than big regualar hydraulic discs with water cooling

Thread Information