Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Ive started!

so.... i have the gearbox in, lined up anyway, havent bolted it just yet. Due to...

Gearbox crossmember does not match 4 speed and 5 speed have different crossmembers and mounts... Do you know how hard it is to find a SSS gearbox... its just one thing after another...
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    so.... i have the gearbox in, lined up anyway, havent bolted it just yet. Due to...

Gearbox crossmember does not match 4 speed and 5 speed have different crossmembers and mounts... Do you know how hard it is to find a SSS gearbox... its just one thing after another...
    would of been better off getting a cheap SSS and doing the mechanical converson and there are a few ive encounterd over the years for a few hundred.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Can you make a custom one mate ? A engineering shop wouldnt charge too much. How rare are the sss stanzas, can it be sourced from the states ?
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

made a few promising online inquiries. Calling some datsun workshops 2day. That all failing then il knock one up.

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Can you make a custom one mate ? A engineering shop wouldnt charge too much. How rare are the sss stanzas, can it be sourced from the states ?
    SSS's where quite popular its just a stanza with diffrent springs and twin carbs and so on. They crop up a fair bit and are only worth slightly more then your average decrepid stanza.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

finding a whole car isnt too hard, theyre not like 200Bs which are everywhere but finding a whole car thats being wrecked... thats another story.

finding a whole car isnt too hard, theyre not like 200Bs which are everywhere but finding a whole car thats being wrecked... thats another story.
    lol just wreck a good one only diffrence between the ones on the road and ones being wrecked is a head gasket and an owner who doesnt want to put 3 months rego on it again.

180b would of been a good base for your project seeing as how they had independant suspension all around and a 200b motor bolts right in

But still its all comming along bluey and while it wouldent be my first choice for a race car your making good of what you have lieing around if we ever get the dragstrip going and my father puts the turbo on the 120Y we may have to go for a run

well im not banking on the L18 being in there forever, she'll blow one and and when she does ill have an SR waiting for her I know a guy from the Datsun rally team in the 70s. Hes been AMAZING and if i had the cash id have a replica by now

a commision is on offer to anyone who can find me a SSS crossmember, phone calls to wreckers and workshops turned up zilch.

well im not banking on the L18 being in there forever, she'll blow one and and when she does ill have an SR waiting for her I know a guy from the Datsun rally team in the 70s. Hes been AMAZING and if i had the cash id have a replica by now

a commision is on offer to anyone who can find me a SSS crossmember, phone calls to wreckers and workshops turned up zilch.
    If hes a local canberran then hes probably the guy who help tuned my fathers rather hot 1000 when he had the 1200 in it that backfired a nice little plume fire when drivan hard.

Ill see what i can turn up....have you though of the possiblity of using a bluebird gearbox? and if that might fit then its all possible a ca18 one migh fit?

nah hes in adelaide.

bluebird box wont match tailshaft.

bluebird box wont match tailshaft.
    unless its sectioned or multi part you can cut and weld it and while your under there you can add a loop under there too.

rather stick with the easier bolt up stuff. Dont want to muck around. well... not yet anyway.

Located one at my favourite workshop, $94 express posted for new gearbox mount and xmember, the mount that came with the box was for a 1600.

Gearbox is in that only took 3 weeks

Cleaned up a bit more and put the radiator in, plumbed it all up and started filling it, all going OK. Two leaks one was an non tightened clamp but the other was me trying to get away with using 13mm heater hose where i should be using 10mm radiator hose. So need get 10mm hose then the water systems all good.

post pic tomorrow.

So...

may have to pull the gearbox out... i put the wrong clutch fork in and yeh. bad. See pic of the side of the box.

Aside from that and the tailshaft not wanting to go in... alls well
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information