Thread: GM posting significant mileage increases for 09

GM posting significant mileage increases for 09

2009 GM Vehicles Post MPG Increase; Saab Aero 4Cyl Pkg; Malibu Hybrid Gets Big Boost - GM Inside News Forum

Its amazing what the little things can do to help you in a big way. The good news is that a lot of these things they are doing to increase mileage wont really make the cars cost that much more.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

The problem with those mileage standards is people in the US accept them as 'good mileage'. sigh.

Anything over 30mpg in a car that comfortably seats 5, is safe, and has a decent trunk is good mileage...no need to sigh.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Most of those cars are seeing 10% increases in fuel economy, which is respectable. What GM or any other manufacturer have to do is create a car that makes well over 50 mpg now. The Prius I'm not going to count here.

Im interested to see how the volt does in that respect.

It isn't going to get over 30mpg with 5 in it.

And you can't even get a manual tranny in the Malibu which is ridiculous...other wise it's a very nice car.

Any change is good but all i see is a small selection of gms smaller cars with their smaller engines.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    Any change is good but all i see is a small selection of gms smaller cars with their smaller engines.
    It does make sense to improve fuel consumption in cars that are going to be in demand thanks to high petrol prices.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    Smaller cars have better mileage, if i'm not mistaken. they should also focus on larger cars, SUVs and trucks.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Well, GM sorta just killed a focus on larger vehicles. They closed four truck plants recently, from what I heard.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    Well, GM sorta just killed a focus on larger vehicles. They closed four truck plants recently, from what I heard.
    Yes they did and luckily for many of friends' parents GM did not close the Fort Wayne truck plant.

Well... they may not offer incredible gas mileage figures, but at least GM is trying. And that's a good thing.

50 mpg is perhaps a bit too optimistic, but the time will surely come.

P.S.: Imperial units suck.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

It does..

So much easier dropping numbers for less used then raising them for less used?. Sound fruity.

Here if we can get a RWD Large 4 door 6 car too drop down too 7-8l/100, We see that as good.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information