Was reading about jediali's Job in his thread and wanted somewhere to talk about my new job. Thought a thread about the younger generation and the jobs they get over the 3 months of summer to fund the other 9 months of drinking...

I started working on monday at Tyco Electronics. They are a fiber optics and computer component manufacturing company, although in the factory i work in we only handle the fiber optics. As a company Tyco are the 125th biggest in the world and they bought out the factory (previously Cormec) to manufacture fiber optic cables.

Its a right laugh working there. It gets quite repetative sometimes, i work in packing so we handle all the finished products and make sure they get out on time. So far i have handled products for companies like Cable & Wireless, BT and Siemens. The BT stuff was the most interesting. 6km of indoor cable split into 15m cables, individually packaged.

So yeah, can be boring at times but the people there are really nice to talk to. I just keep thinking about the money i will have to spend on gadgets and beer come the start of my next year at Uni. A Logitech G25 is top of the list...