Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Nissan GTR wins another Car and Driver review

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    Define small because in Hong Kong, there are tons of them running around.
    Well, there is only a few thousand being made for the American market as I have heard and I think they will readily sell out. Maybe it is artificially restricting demand or production limitations or something, but it seems to me that they could sell a lot more of these things.

You dont want your flagship "rare" model more common than the lesser versions, so its keeping the pricing up. also they have to service all these cars too, maybe theyre only equiped to handle a limited number.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

that is true. there are only selected dealerships that can actually service them so you'd want to be careful about overloading their schedule..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    MCR R35 GTR versus an RE Amiya FD RX-7. The Skyline has 20hp above stock with a chip, while the RX-7 Is a full built bridgeported 13B twin turbo setup for this sort of run.

YouTube - Nissan R35 GT-R vs Mazda RX7 - Touge
    GREAT video man...I like watching Hot Version stuff, also JDM Option is good too...The Mcr GTR was pretty nimble on that track for being soooo Heavy, but I dont understand how you can overtake someone on that narrow course though...have to be a hell of a driver....that RX-7 was pretty awesome too...all in all good showing
    Oo____oO GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    that is true. there are only selected dealerships that can actually service them so you'd want to be careful about overloading their schedule..
    But is that the limiting factor to their production?

It would seem weird to me if they limited a car because of servicing needs when they can make more money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    But is that the limiting factor to their production?

It would seem weird to me if they limited a car because of servicing needs when they can make more money on it.
    you're thinking it'd be more the responsibilty of the buyer to ensure they have access to an authorized service centre?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

you're thinking it'd be more the responsibilty of the buyer to ensure they have access to an authorized service centre?
    No where did you get that from?

No where did you get that from?
    there's only a limited number of places that can service a GTR
    so
    if nissan isn't going to worry about factoring that into how many they sell like you just said
    then
    doesn't that mean that getting access to a service centre is entirely up to the buyer to consider when they purchase a GTR?

so
    if nissan isn't going to worry about factoring that into how many they sell like you just said
    then
    doesn't that mean that getting access to a service centre is entirely up to the buyer to consider when they purchase a GTR?
    I'm pretty sure Nissan will only sell GT-Rs out of dealerships that are also authorized to perform maintenance.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

so
    then
    Yeah I guess so. It just seems to me that if Nissan could make more money by producing more they probably would and would find some solution to the possible service centre troubles. There are already tons of Nissan cars produced in much larger numbers than the GT-R that probably use the Nissan certified service, so does the addition of a few thousand more cars put that much of a strain on the service centres? Or are only certain centres allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    I'm pretty sure Nissan will only sell GT-Rs out of dealerships that are also authorized to perform maintenance.
    where you buy the car from and where you take it are two different things..
    Yeah I guess so. It just seems to me that if Nissan could make more money by producing more they probably would and would find some solution to the possible service centre troubles. There are already tons of Nissan cars produced in much larger numbers than the GT-R that probably use the Nissan certified service, so does the addition of a few thousand more cars put that much of a strain on the service centres? Or are only certain centres allowed?
    yes, there's only so many nissan centres that have been given the proper training and equipment to look after GTR's. what i meant was it would be curious if nissan limits numbers (i mean, apart from being a flagship, hand built model etc etc) so as not to leave customers with nowhere to go when they need something checked

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Since the other thread go closed right after someone gave totally wrong information:

Nissan GTR price: $80,000
    First Look: 2009 Nissan GT-R
    Nissan GT-R | GT-R Forums | R35 GTR | 2009 GT-R
    (or £52,900 in UK, that's more isn't it?)
    Nissan GT-R price shock - Auto Trader UK - News and Reviews Hub
    And gouging up to $129,000
    The $129,000 Nissan GT-R? Price Gauging on new Nissan GT-R - AutoSpies Auto News
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I think they will manage to sell them.
    Depends on how many they make. I'm sure at some point supply would exceed demand.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    Depends on how many they make. I'm sure at some point supply would exceed demand.
    They have sold 70% of cars destined for the States at this point and the car hasn't even been released yet - that is not a bad sign.

lol at the tags. i look at these threads purely for entertainment value at this point

Thread Information