Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009 ZR1 Reaches 7:26.4 on the Nurburgring

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Prost only has four titles. Still, nothing to sneeze at.

My mistake, still, he is one of the best drivers around.
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    Chevy actually has specs comparable to cars that achieved the same ring time.
    Small point: None of these other cars achieving those kinds of lap times have anything approaching the drivetrain technology of the GTR.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 07-09-2008 at 02:01 AM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

So basically because this has become a competition and the cheated to win, lap times are a totally irrelevant way of comparing perfirmance.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Small point: None of these other cars achieving those kinds of lap times have anything approaching the drivetrain technology of the GTR.
    Drivetrain doesn't make up for 150 someodd horsepower and 500 lbs of curb weight.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

i don't care about ring times, i'd rock this car (yes, over a GTR)
    i don't know if it would offer me anything over a standard Z06 that i'd actually need/see as an improvement
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Drivetrain doesn't make up for 150 someodd horsepower and 500 lbs of curb weight.
    And you know that...how?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    And you know that...how?
    I don't. I'm just pretty confident both Chevy and Nissan are doing their damndest to get these incredible ring times. In the end when two customers take both cars to the track, I can't see the GT-R make up for the weight/power difference through the use of an advanced 4wd system. If it was something like 100 lbs and 30 to 50 horsepower, then I could probably understand if the cars were even. 500 lbs and ~150 hp is a huge deficit to make up.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Im abit with both camps the new zr1 is impressive and so is the GTR... We have just had our first time attack event here in Australia and a stock GTR with street tyres was entered it placed 11th. It was in the same class as full blown race cars running r spec tyres the fastest time on the day was a Lotus Elise with a 1.12 that has had plenty spent on its development.

SuperLap 2008: GT-R Time Attack Photo Gallery

GTRBlog.com was in attendance at SuperLap 2008 today at Oran Park Raceway outside Sydney, Australia. Entered into the open class for the time attack was Russel Newman with his brand new Hi Octance Racing / CNJ Motorsport Nissan R35 GT-R. For the event he had fitted up a HKS VAC speed delimter but the car was mechanically standard and was wearing the standard JDM base model Dunlop summer tires.

Russel managed an awesome time of 1:17.1 in the GT-R and was looking consistent in the 1:17s on his hot laps. We will most likely have a complete rundown of the results by early next week. To put that in perspective the fastest cars on the day ran 1:12 - 1:13s and they were race prepped supercharged Lotus Elises weighing somewhere around half a GT-R.
    Enough said a very impressive performance for a road car, MC will doubt this because of the world wide GTR conspiracy theories

Race results
    NATSOFT Race Result

Google some of the cars the R35 competed against, some serious track weapons for sure

clutch-monkey originally posted

i don't care about ring times, i'd rock this car (yes, over a GTR)
    I think the prerequisite for driving a Corvette is someone in their late 50s, balding, open shirt and plenty of bling, young hottie is a optional extra
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    I think the prerequisite for driving a Corvette is someone in their late 50s, balding, open shirt and plenty of bling, young hottie is a optional extra
    hey i fit the last one and probably will fit the second..
    besides, it's more of a 'sports car' than a GTR (which imo doesn't even need to be as fast as it is)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I just need 10 years and I will be there, dont have a young hottie yet or the bling though.

Wouldnt mine either car in my driveway
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Im abit with both camps the new zr1 is impressive and so is the GTR... We have just had our first time attack event here in Australia and a stock GTR with street tyres was entered it placed 11th. It was in the same class as full blown race cars running r spec tyres the fastest time on the day was a Lotus Elise with a 1.12 that has had plenty spent on its development.
    That does not compute! It could only be a ZR-1 with a GTR bodyshell on top!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    It can if it can fully make use of its tires, which is by far the most important piece in a track situation....in GTR's case with bespoke tires and all the AWD wizardry and good damper tuning....it will make some significant difference, especially over a track thats as bumpy and twisty like Nurburgring....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Im telling you guys...ring times dont matter all that matters is 0-60 and 1/4 mile! You are wasting your time! :^)
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

As the 'ring is an ordinary tarmac road with bumps, undulations and patches which takes between 8 and 15 minutes to drive then it has more relevance to daily driving than a 5 second "sprint"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    As the 'ring is an ordinary tarmac road with bumps, undulations and patches which takes between 8 and 15 minutes to drive then it has more relevance to daily driving than a 5 second "sprint"
    But what relevance is there in the time it takes to go around it? I read that there are 19 variables that can effect 0.1 seconds of a 0-60 time. Imagine the amount of variables on the Ring, let alone any racetrack.

The only real way to compare cars would be to drive them both on the street and rate how they feel etc, and there's the catch, comparing cars will always be subjective and any sort of performance numbers mean absolutely nothing when comparing street cars.

Thread Information