Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Euro Trip

As someone who has transited Schipol more times than I care to remember then the "walk a little" is a real pain. All the other airports have civilised shuttles where you can travel without getting knackered
    Heathrow still ranks the worst in the world or the best ... dependant on whose flights you are transiting
    And respect to Frankfurt ... presume it still has the sex shop and cinema ???
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    As someone who has transited Schipol more times than I care to remember then the "walk a little" is a real pain. All the other airports have civilised shuttles where you can travel without getting knackered
    Heathrow still ranks the worst in the world or the best ... dependant on whose flights you are transiting
    And respect to Frankfurt ... presume it still has the sex shop and cinema ???
    walking is actually quite good when you have been sitting in an airplane for many hours...and they do have running sidewalks though not everywhere...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I used Schipol many times last year, but also not for transfers. I had no issues with the layout.

London airports on the other hand I wasn't such a fan of....
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by rev440 View Post
    I went on a big cruise in europe. I was very dissapointed with Italy, its a very dirty place and the people are rude. Crotia was the biggest suprise of all, what a beautiful place. Sorry for my spelling issues Ive been up for 23 hours, I just got home from Rome today. But however I did like the amsterdam airport from all the odd things Ive heard about that place it was suprisingly nice.
    I never thought that about Italy at all (as Ferrar mentioned its more their personalities than being rude). I don't know what Croatia looks like now but last time I was there was in the early 90s during the Balkan War to visit my father who was deployed with the UN and it was understandably not the best place.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    A Spaniard loving Italy.... what has the world come to?

Seems like you went on a cruise with Carnival Cruise Lines. How'd you like the ship in general (food, service, staterooms, etc.)? Where did the ship leave from?

I went on 2 cruises with Carnival, and last week I went on Norwegian Cruiselines to the Bahamas. IMO it wasn't as good as Carnival.
    I loved everything. The food was good, many excellent meals but even if there werent there was the 24/7 pizza bar and fish and chips and the buffet. Theres so many choices for food on the boat. The service was amazing, they were all very kind and I actually became friends with my dinner guys. The room was on the second floor so besides vibration and noise from the motors it was very nice. I left from a 1.5 hours outside of Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    I never thought that about Italy at all (as Ferrar mentioned its more their personalities than being rude). I don't know what Croatia looks like now but last time I was there was in the early 90s during the Balkan War to visit my father who was deployed with the UN and it was understandably not the best place.
    It was rebuilt with UN money if Im not mistaken. It was very clean and very nice.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by rev440 View Post
    I loved everything. The food was good, many excellent meals but even if there werent there was the 24/7 pizza bar and fish and chips and the buffet. Theres so many choices for food on the boat. The service was amazing, they were all very kind and I actually became friends with my dinner guys. The room was on the second floor so besides vibration and noise from the motors it was very nice. I left from a 1.5 hours outside of Rome.
    Nice. Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    mmmm ,Italians rude ? where ??
    THey are one of the friendliest and most helpful

Just don't dick about in traffic or go anywhere near a mans car or woman
    They ARE very animated and forcfeul which some may interpret as "rude" !!
    and "dirty" ? Man you need to go to Belgium
    Again, was this districts of major cities ? THe other problem can be in the tourist areas all the pick-pockets and street animals/kids !
    Just sounded like a pretty poor generalisation
    Thanks, Matra!

-Fleet (of Italian ancestry)
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Thread Information