Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Corvette ZR1 driven hard

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    This video makes you wonder how the Nurburgring 7:29 spec GTR was even able to keep up with the 638hp Corvette ZR1 when the production spec GTR cant even get close to the Corvette ZO6 for both standing and rolling starts.
    Lame.

My video proves nothing when it comes to Nurburgring numbers.

YouTube - New GTR R35 VS Corvette C6 Z06 Race in Oman.

Thought some might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Lame.

My video proves nothing when it comes to Nurburgring numbers.

Why didnt this particular GTR able to keep up with the 500hp ZO6 when it was able to keep up with the much faster 638hp Corvette ZR1 and even post a similar time as the much faster Zonda. I call it a Nissan ringer.
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

fast driving is not only about increasing speed, but also about maintaining and decreasing speed. An optimal combination of those will give you the best lap times...
    We are only talking about the straight line speed here. The Nissan test car was able to keep up with a much more powerful corvette (ZR1) when the production GTR easily lost out to a much slower straight line performer (ZO6)
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

mC, will you stop this repeated fanboism, it's getting very boring.
    There are many variables between the two tests you cite.
    Like what fuel in Oman .. and how about night time temperatures ? and air desity ? and gear changes and a million other things anyone with any common sense woudl recognise as invalidating any stupid comments about the two cars.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Im sure that Oman uses Cali's low grade fuel that robs (just) the GTR 150hp. If you bothered reading you would have noticed that the temperature was an agreeable 28C or 82F. The GTR was also set in auto mode and has 4WD making it easier to launch and drive than the ZO6.

Im sure that Oman uses Cali's low grade fuel that robs (just) the GTR 150hp. If you bothered reading you would have noticed that the temperature was an agreeable 28C or 82F. The GTR was also set in auto mode and has 4WD making it easier to launch and drive than the ZO6.
    There are a few problems with your post.

1. We have no idea if the Corvette has been tuned.

2. We have no idea what GT-R the driver has. It could be a Japanese-spec GT-R, or could be something else. Plus, you can't ignore the break in period, my friend. As Road and Track proved a few years back, a slightly-higher milegae 911 Carrera S completely spanked a fresher one.

3. Oman is in the Middle East.

Therefore, to prove that this somehow shows that Nissan is cheating at the Nuerburgring would be not only be questionable, but just plain stupid. If a street race proved which car would be better, then the Toyota Corolla from Initial D must be God.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

The GT-R just clocked a 1:18.4 lap on Top Gear... Can a Brit please confirm that information?

That's 4 seconds faster than the Corvette C6 Z06 (Bus lengths.... lol)

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    There are a few problems with your post.

1. We have no idea if the Corvette has been tuned.

2. We have no idea what GT-R the driver has. It could be a Japanese-spec GT-R, or could be something else. Plus, you can't ignore the break in period, my friend. As Road and Track proved a few years back, a slightly-higher milegae 911 Carrera S completely spanked a fresher one.

3. Oman is in the Middle East.
    4. Nobody cares about monarocountry's inane rants anymore, in fact probably never did.

If it were possible to ban someone purely on the grounds of them being excruciatingly dull, I'd have done so a long time ago.

Seriously MC, give it a rest, for all our sakes.

The GT-R just clocked a 1:18.4 lap on Top Gear... Can a Brit please confirm that information?

I think it was more like 1:19.7 or something like that. Still faster than a Carrera GT though, so it ain't too shabby.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

STOP POSTING FACTS!!!!!

I think monaroCountry's head exploded.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    4. Nobody cares about monarocountry's inane rants anymore, in fact probably never did.

If it were possible to ban someone purely on the grounds of them being excruciatingly dull, I'd have done so a long time ago.

Seriously MC, give it a rest, for all our sakes.

I think it was more like 1:19.7 or something like that. Still faster than a Carrera GT though, so it ain't too shabby.
    You're right, just looked it up. Still, 2.7 seconds faster.

dont worry im sure there will be plenty more low performing GTR's, it seems that Nissan has supplied a small early section of buyers with ringers. The later ones will be disappointed.

dont worry im sure there will be plenty more low performing GTR's, it seems that Nissan has supplied a small early section of buyers with ringers. The later ones will be disappointed.
    I'm sorry, but now you're just talking out of your ass.

Old Skyline fanboys are nothing compared to you.

Oh come on,

Yeah, Nissan is totally cheating. All the GT-Rs they supply are "ringers", from the first to last that roll off the line. In fact, all car companies must be supplying ringers too. Porsche, Mercedes, etc. After all, that's the only way that they can beat a Corvette.

You. Are. Grasping. At. Straws.

Paddles & AWD could never make up for the power difference. A GT-R needs about 115 extra hp to match the Z06's power-to-weight ratio, leaving aside torque figures and displacement.
    Acceleration is affected by: power, torque (and their relative curves), weight, grip, gearing, aerodynamics and shift speed. So that's 4 things the GTR has over the ZR1.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information