Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ALMS: Mazda’s March to the Future

ALMS: Mazda’s March to the Future

PRUETT: Mazda’s March to the Future
    With a new Lola Coupe on the way later in the year, Le Mans likely in ’09, and a firm plan for their future in the ALMS, Mazda’s on the march in LMP2.
    AUTO-RACING - PRUETT: Mazda’s March to the Future - SPEEDtv.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

the way I read it made me think that March has been resurrected to produce a Mazda engined sportscar....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

i thought about that--i guess i figure those of us that remember march's sportscars, much less march as a constructor, are fading.

mulsanne mike has a neat article on march's last attempt at sportscar racing--the 92s intended for the wspc.

Quote Originally Posted by MPME View Post
    i thought about that--i guess i figure those of us that remember march's sportscars, much less march as a constructor, are fading.

mulsanne mike has a neat article on march's last attempt at sportscar racing--the 92s intended for the wspc.
    He is of Wagstaff vintage, so he remembers the time before March was a constructor.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I remember the time was Mosley was still a driver...(with little success)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the way I read it made me think that March has been resurrected to produce a Mazda engined sportscar....
    That's what I thought too.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Wow, that's really cool. Make it rotary powered! And make it the same livery as the 787B's.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Make it rotary powered!
    They want to make it competitive.

(Ted Joans)

The rotary must die.

always good to have a new car in the series....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    They want to make it competitive.
    Remove the "equivalency rules" then
    My street car delivers 230bhp from 1300cc !!
    Motor racing doesn't say you can have 4 litres if it's a V8 but only 2 if it's an I4 [ those the accursed Ducati pull that con in WSB ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    The rotary must die.
    Care to explain ?
    The sound is awsome and the packaging opens up lots of scope for improving the vehicle.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Yeah I don't quite know what people have against it... its a good piece of technology. The main problem is that other companies don't want to be bothered coming up with omg new technology so they bitched and whined and the rotary has been regulated into irrelevancy in many forms of racing.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Remove the "equivalency rules" then
    My street car delivers 230bhp from 1300cc !!
    Your car makes 230 bhp from 2600 cc.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Motor racing doesn't say you can have 4 litres if it's a V8 but only 2 if it's an I4 [ those the accursed Ducati pull that con in WSB ]
    Actually it does, LMP rule states that a Turbo charged engine can only be a max displacement of 2 liter 4 cylinder, while a normally aspirated engine can have a maximum of 4 liter and 8 cylinder.....

The equivilency arises obvious from the fact that the power impulses per revolution is hugely different from a wankel to a 4 stroke piston motor....same reason why when MotoGP went from the current 4 stroke formula from the 2 stroke formula the GP500 bike can displace a max of 500cc while a 4 stroke MotoGP bike have a limit of 1000cc(then later changed to 800)...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Actually it does, LMP rule states that a Turbo charged engine can only be a max displacement of 2 liter 4 cylinder, while a normally aspirated engine can have a maximum of 4 liter and 8 cylinder.....

The equivilency arises obvious from the fact that the power impulses per revolution is hugely different from a wankel to a 4 stroke piston motor....same reason why when MotoGP went from the current 4 stroke formula from the 2 stroke formula the GP500 bike can displace a max of 500cc while a 4 stroke MotoGP bike have a limit of 1000cc(then later changed to 800)...
    AER also has their TT V8 LMP1 engine.

Thread Information