Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Spotted Testing In California Desert.

I don't like it. I certainly dont appreciate that Merc thinks its cool to use the audi style LED's on the front... not cool...

Thats in Anza Borego, i live about 1 1/2hr from there.
    I feel special. haha.
    I think "Koenigsegg" is Sweedish for "OH NO, MY HEADS JUST EXPLODED!"

If you can still see the cops,
    you're not going fast enough.

Three pics have been leaked. A good word to describe them is predictable, probably. Sedate also comes to my mind.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

don't like the rear lights, don't like the inner front lights, otherwise it's very similar to the model it will replace. agree with Ferrer's thoughts.

I was even thinking, since the unveiling of the Panamera, why to bother with unveilings, teasers and so on, if the whole time they use to test the car, it's also used to tease us with cars loosing gradually their camos and so on?

where is gone the thrill of the discovering?

it's even worst when they show you the production-ready concept and then you have to wait 2-3 years to see, the exact same car, just road legal.
    thanks.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    it's even worst when they show you the production-ready concept and then you have to wait 2-3 years to see, the exact same car, just road legal.
    thanks.
    I guess that in those days of digital cameras, internet and general impatience surprises are hard to come by.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's like a more angular front from a Lexus GS, the profile of an S-Class and the back end of a new Skoda Superb, does not like.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

so its the new C class, with worse headlights, a worse back end, no option of sexy SEL grill, and its even bigger?

give me a C Class, thanks.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I have. And it has stupid steering. It's uncomfortable. And doesn't handle.
    I agree and disagree.

Yes, it does have stupid steering which for me, as I'm not used to makes me nervous but I'm sure it makes parking on my drive nice 'n' easy for my parents. I haven't yet tested it for myself, but from the way my Mum drives and sometimes my Dad too, I'd say it's not a bad performer, it would certainly inspire more confidence from me than my Mazda at the moment. And as for uncomfortable? On some of the local roads (ridiculously bad) it's hard, but my Mazda's worse, and I spend 13hrs straight in this car on the way to southern France every year, and 13hrs back, never has comfort been of the slightest issue. Maybe it could have something to do with wheel size, (18 vs 17) but I don't know

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I agree and disagree.

Yes, it does have stupid steering which for me, as I'm not used to makes me nervous but I'm sure it makes parking on my drive nice 'n' easy for my parents. I haven't yet tested it for myself, but from the way my Mum drives and sometimes my Dad too, I'd say it's not a bad performer, it would certainly inspire more confidence from me than my Mazda at the moment. And as for uncomfortable? On some of the local roads (ridiculously bad) it's hard, but my Mazda's worse, and I spend 13hrs straight in this car on the way to southern France every year, and 13hrs back, never has comfort been of the slightest issue. Maybe it could have something to do with wheel size, (18 vs 17) but I don't know
    It's good for a german motorway and little else I'd say.

And the inert steering even almost screws that. When you are going fast (which the 3.2 really can) you want confidence and feel.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yeah, the 2.4 can certainly shift too, I dunno, Mum & Dad just seem to be used to it, but for it's purpose it's certainly useful, squeezing into tiny spaces at Tesco or getting on and off our drive. Though, can't say my steering makes either difficult...

Motion & Emotion

It's not an attractive car IMO. I'll pass (like I have a choice)

I'd take a BMW 5 series instead. I've never really been a fan of Merc's.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Yeah, the 2.4 can certainly shift too, I dunno, Mum & Dad just seem to be used to it, but for it's purpose it's certainly useful, squeezing into tiny spaces at Tesco or getting on and off our drive. Though, can't say my steering makes either difficult...
    You can get used to it. It's not like the car can't steer or something.

It's just that having so many other options out there, the A6 doesn't strike as a particularly good one.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Three pics have been leaked. A good word to describe them is predictable, probably. Sedate also comes to my mind.
    Ugly
    Chintsy
    Vulgar...
    Drove my friend's dad's E-Class, do not wqant.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Well, these "leaks" are great free publicity for the automaker. Whether it looks good or not, that's another story.

Looks too much like a Lexus

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    It's not an attractive car IMO. I'll pass (like I have a choice)

I'd take a BMW 5 series instead. I've never really been a fan of Merc's.
    CLS please. the 5 series is possibly the uglier of the German 3, too tall and even fatty, the previous gen was much better.. the A6 is not really ugly, just to much averagely looking when you are paying more than 45.000 euro for a plastic steering wheel and fabric seats.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information